Good "House" or "The Office" Episodes for a Psychology Assignment?

FionordeQuester

I've got a Psychology assignment due this Tuesday where I have to do the following...

Formal Assessment Assignment:

Choose either Michael Scott (the Office) or Dr. House (House) and watch an episode from that show [problem being that I never watched either show].

1. Give a brief one paragraph summary of the episode.

2. Do a formal assessment of either character using evidence from the episode you watched.

Remember you are evaluating:

1. Thought processes (cognitive distortions, schemas)

2. Reality Testing [Kind of goes hand in hand with A]

3. Defenses (defense mechanisms) [stuff like projecting your own emotions onto someone else, repressing bad memories, regressing to an childlike state in the face of extreme stress, stuff like that]

4. Control of Emotions and Impulses (overcontrol, dyscontrol etc. )

Provide a rating for each area along with a minimum of 10 examples from the episode that provide support for why you chose each rating. Evidence may be in the form of dialogue between characters of summary of an observation of something the character did.

1. Summarize the overall ego strength of the character

The obvious issue, for me, is that I've never watched either show, so I'd hate to fumble through various episodes of both trying to find a good episode for analysis. So I was hoping that if anyone here was a fan, that they might be able to tell me which episodes were especially "Dr. House" or "Michael Scott"-centric. Thank you so much for reading, and God bless you!

As a House fan, I think Three Stories (season 1 episode 21) or Detox (season 1 episode 11) are the best Dr House-centered episodes. As for a more regular kind of episode, I would go with House vs God (season 2 episode 18)

Any of those 3 episodes are pretty much all you need :P

As a House fan, I think Three Stories (season 1 episode 21) or Detox (season 1 episode 11) are the best Dr House-centered episodes. As for a more regular kind of episode, I would go with House vs God (season 2 episode 18)

Any of those 3 episodes are pretty much all you need :P

I love that episode! Anyways, you should definitely go with that House episode cause the Office episodes I think of are really inappropriate to write an assignment on. I'm not saying do Office but there is one from season 4 "Did I stutter?" lol, it's a funny episode that may correlate to your assignment.