Birthright Drama CD English Transcript

Nanima

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update!! I was really excited to translate this one.

Poor Takumi is and always will be so relatable for me. I know I say this a lot, but they really did nail his character for this CD. It's incredibly well written.

Just read it and oh man. Poor Takumi :( He's always been one of the best-written characters, but stuff like this just finalizes how great he really is.

Damn, Takumi's life is so sad because Corrin is just that perfect, huh?

I'm pretty sure they're playing it up here for Takumi's sake, not Corrin's. Chill. Unless you're bashing Takumi, in which case why D:

I'm pretty sure they're playing it up here for Takumi's sake, not Corrin's. Chill. Unless you're bashing Takumi, in which case why D:

Why would I bash Takumi? His characterization is on point and shows why he's the most interesting character in the game - Corrin, on the other hand, is worshipped and welcomed with open arms in spite of being from Nohr and having killed Hoshidans.

Why would I bash Takumi? His characterization is on point and shows why he's the most interesting character in the game - Corrin, on the other hand, is worshipped and welcomed with open arms in spite of being from Nohr and having killed Hoshidans.

Well your comment about his life being "so sad" came across as a bit mocking. Y'know, like people who bash a character for whining even if their angst is perfectly justified, which is where I got confused.

In any case, could you at least keep the snark down? I know how you feel about Fates' writing, but it gets a bit tiring seeing it brought up everywhere. I just want to enjoy the translations of the CDs without reading negativity.

Well your comment about his life being "so sad" came across as a bit mocking. Y'know, like people who bash a character for whining even if their angst is perfectly justified, which is where I got confused.

In any case, could you at least keep the snark down? I know how you feel about Fates' writing, but it gets a bit tiring seeing it brought up everywhere. I just want to enjoy the translations of the CDs without reading negativity.

Hang on, I've thanked Nanima for her hard work and said it'll be interesting to see where they go with this, then I praised Takumi's characterization; am I not allowed to bring up the negatives or what?

Hang on, I've thanked Nanima for her hard work and said it'll be interesting to see where they go with this, then I praised Takumi's characterization; am I not allowed to bring up the negatives or what?

I never claimed you didn't. I just asked that you not bring up negatives of the game in a topic about the CDs, not that you not talk about the negatives of the CDs.

Edited by Abvora

I'm pretty sure that the universe hates Takumi at this point. Clearly this is all some sort of conspiracy so Anankos can possess him.

negatives

Hold it. Corrin isn't being treated as "perfect" because the writers love him or anything; the only reason that Corrin is being "worshipped" here is to give Takumi a reason to be angsty. Even Corrin is annoyed by how everybody is treating him (besides Azura, anyway though I'm pretty sure that the CD is trying to say something about their relationship). We should at least wait until Xander and Leo start drooling over the thought of F!Corrin's swimsuit clad body before complaining about how Corrin's being treated by the narrative.

(On another note, thanks for these translations, Nanima! I've been looking forward to them for a while now. For future reference, the Infinite Chasm is known as the Bottomless Canyon in English.)

Edited by Lightchao42

This should be called "Shit on Takumi: The CD Drama." Poor pineapple, someone give him a hug already (looking at you Oboro...). But for real, they really nailed Takumi's angst very well. Thanks you for the translation Nanima, it's really great.

I'm pretty sure that the universe hates Takumi at this point. Clearly this is all some sort of conspiracy so Anankos can possess him.

Hold it. Corrin isn't being treated as "perfect" because the writers love him or anything; the only reason that Corrin is being "worshipped" here is to give Takumi a reason to be angsty. Even Corrin is annoyed by how everybody is treating him (besides Azura, anyway though I'm pretty sure that the CD is trying to say something about their relationship). We should at least wait Xander and Leo start drooling over the thought of F!Corrin's swimsuit clad body before complaining about how Corrin's being treated by the narrative.

(On another note, thanks for these translations, Nanima! I've been looking forward to them for a while now. For future reference, the Infinite Chasm is known as the Bottomless Canyon in English.)

Wait, so this is really part of the Nohr CD Drama? It wasn't just a joke? Ugh...

Thanks again for the transcript!

I understand how Takumi feel really, is hard to not to think like him.

I feel that Takumi has worse luck than Arthur... Poor boy.

Guys, please keep things civil around here. Heaven knows, I am just as tired of Corrin being praised endlessly, but please don't get into arguments over it. There is a place for honest criticism, and so long as t doesn't derail the entire topic I am fine with it.

For future reference, the Infinite Chasm is known as the Bottomless Canyon in English.

Goddamn, I just can't keep up with those renames. I think i'll just leave it as it is for now, unless people are confused what I am talking about with the Infinite Chasm.

Next update will also sadly be a bit later today. Some personal issues came up and put me through the grinder, so I'll have to deal with that first.

Thank you all again for the kind words of encouragment. It really helps me out.

Goddamn, I just can't keep up with those renames. I think i'll just leave it as it is for now, unless people are confused what I am talking about with the Infinite Chasm.

If only we could keep up with these names. I guess it's both our fates to have miscommunication when we're not used to localized names. Ha ha ha.

酷いね、僕は。

Edited by shadowofchaos

Update time~

Takumi has enough.

Also the second part of the track was difficult for me, since they all started shouting their critical phrases. I decided to just choose to English phrases, instead of putting an awkward translation of the Japanese ones there.

Thanks!

If only we could keep up with these names. I guess it's both our fates to have miscommunication when we're not used to localized names. Ha ha ha.

酷いね、僕は。

不味いですね。

Just when I thought Takumi couldn't be any more relatable...

Some personal issues came up and put me through the grinder, so I'll have to deal with that first.

Thank you all again for the kind words of encouragment. It really helps me out.

I hope you have a better tomorrow!

I hope you have a better tomorrow!

T

Thanks, I did!

Anyway, update time! We are now done with the first CD. I'll get to work on the second one immediately, so there won't be any breaks (I hope).

This one is quite heartwarming. Also, Hinata and Oboro are the best retainers, no argument.

Aw, that last one was so sweet :3 The Takumi/Hinata/Oboro lord/retainer triangle truly is one of the greatest. And getting to see more of Mikoto's interactions with Takumi is nice, I love how close they are.

update time~

CD 2 is underway. This first track is mostly just set up really. It has some nice world building though, would have been great to see this in-game right? *coughs*

update time~

CD 2 is underway. This first track is mostly just set up really. It has some nice world building though, would have been great to see this in-game right? *coughs*

Nanima, calm down, don't give them any crazy ideas now.

Thank you so much for uploading and translating the transcripts for the Birthright Drama CDs, Nanima! I've been searching everywhere online for the CDs after they were released about one month ago, and I'm happy to finally find something from them.

Gotta say my appreciation for Takumi and his retainers deepened after reading through the first CD. He becomes even more relatable as a character throughout the 6th track and the opening line the 7th track, while Hinata and Oboro demonstrate why they are the best retainers in the world. Can't wait to see the rest of the second CD!

Update time~

Azura and Takumi have an unfortunate run-in here. Although Takumi is being overly paranoid about Azura, I think his being annoyed by her attitude is kind of justified.

Can't say I liked Takumi here; he comes off as a bit of a brat, even if he's justified in feeling the way he does. Of course, I can't say I'd enjoy being needled by Azura...or even being anywhere near her.

I kind of like how Takumi gets to express himself in such negative ways, while still being a character we can sympathize with. His distrusting attitude is justified with Corrin, yet shown to be wrong in the case of Azura. It's a consistent trait of his character, that can sometimes cause him to act like a jerk. And the writers are very conscious of what behaviour is justified and what isn't.

Too bad they coudn't extend that awareness to certain other characters..

I kind of like how Takumi gets to express himself in such negative ways, while still being a character we can sympathize with. His distrusting attitude is justified with Corrin, yet shown to be wrong in the case of Azura. It's a consistent trait of his character, that can sometimes cause him to act like a jerk. And the writers are very conscious of what behaviour is justified and what isn't.

Too bad they coudn't extend that awareness to certain other characters..

Oh for sure, I like that part of Takumi a lot as well, and the reason why I find him the most appealing character in Fates; I just didn't really like how it was portrayed here.

Hah, any particular characters you have in mind when saying that?

Oh for sure, I like that part of Takumi a lot as well, and the reason why I find him the most appealing character in Fates; I just didn't really like how it was portrayed here.

Hah, any particular characters you have in mind when saying that?

A few. But I don't really want to derail the thread. Let me just say, sometimes the narrative doesn't seem to recognize a flaw as a flaw and instead tries to portray it as the sign of a great leader.

Edited by Nanima²

A few. But I don't really want to derail the thread. Let me just say, sometimes the narrative doesn't seem to recognize a flaw as a flaw and instead tries to portray it as the sign of a great leader.

Well, in the interest of not derailing the thread, I shall just say I agree with you and leave it at that.

Looking forward to the next part!