StarCraft: Brood War

Wist

Upon seeing Xixiel's thread for DotA, I realized that I have been incredibly stupid to have never considered creating a thread for StarCraft. I'm not a very good player because I don't play very much, but I've been able to maintain a D rank on ICCup although I haven't played very many games. I'm familiar with a random array of maps from random time periods, but my favorites are Neo Requiem, Ride of Valkyries, Gaia, Blue Storm, and Sword in the Moon/Harmony/청풍명월/whatever you want to call it; I'll play most any map, though. Also, I can play both Terran and Protoss although my TvT is very weak.

So... does anyone here play StarCraft 1v1? Would anyone be interested in playing a couple of games? I should be able to play on any server without any problems.

Edit (2008.10.17):

If anyone just wants to play games just for fun instead of competition, I'm entirely okay with that. I can play Lost Temple, I can play Big Game Hunters, and I can play Fastest (although I prefer not to play Fastest). Also, I didn't really play the game during the time that Python was popular so I'd be interested in playing that map if anyone isn't bored by it.

Edited by Wist

If you're on US East I'll play with you. I'm a decent Protoss, and I prefer Lost Temple and BGH.

I also play CS:S, TF2, and Insurgency. Plus, if I get enough motivation to hook up my Xbox, I also play Halo 3 and some CoD4.

I think I have an account on US East (add Wist.REIii to your friends' list if you get the chance to). Lost Temple is good with me if you're okay with it, I'll use Terran or Protoss depending on my mood (or your preferences). Are you available sometime after 11pm (-5 GMT / Eastern Time) tonight?

Edit (2008.10.17):

I'm busy until sometime between 11:00 and 11:30 tonight. If you can't make it on-line after then, that's entirely fine but I'd love to have a fun game or two. I'll check this thread when I get back to see if you've responded or not. If you are able to play, could you give me your screen-name so I can put you on my friends' list?

Edited by Wist

I usually don't stay up past midnight, but I can try. I forgot my screen name since it's been so long, So I'll check now.

No luck. I created a new one called Xixiel... and I added you to friends.

One of these says, Wist, ONE OF THESE DAYS!

Wist: 1

Xixiel: 1/2 (Because I'm a sore loser and suicide rushed you with drones and overlords while making 300 references)

Haha, you'll have to expand before you can do that. Good game. If it makes you feel better, I didn't get a registered win because I was randomly disconnected from Battle.net during the game.

Edited by Wist

I played Terran and Xixiel played Zerg; the game was on Lost Temple (I had 9 o'clock, he had 12 o'clock). I have the replay, but even though I won I could have played a bit better; I lost a lot of Marines to Lurkers.

Gulcasa, do you play StarCraft?

Edited by Wist

Gulcasa, do you play StarCraft?

I use to play StarCraft back in middle school, it was about 5 years ago before I started high school that I quit playing due to my interest of WarCraft 3. My favorite race of all time is Protoss. I usually use units like Dark Templar and Dark Archon since there my favorite. But that was good times.

Edited by Gulcasa