Tibarn Vs Naesala

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and saying "I like his personality" isn't a good reason because... well, that's just self-explanatory. It's just an opinion.

I wouldn't say that. I know it doesn't make him better when fighting, but that is one way of judging a chatacter. The title of this topic is "Tibarn Vs Naesala" so that doesn't have to be by a fight. It could just likely be "who is eldest" or "who has the darkest wings". Or "who has the best personality".

So Fox's argument which says that Naliah has more screen time is anoher way of judging a character. But I can't see that anyone is blaming her for that. (No offence, Fox.)

Edited by xanatha

So Fox's argument which says that Naliah has more screen time is anoher way of judging a character. But I can't see that anyone is blaming her for that. (No offence, Fox.)

I can't even find offense in that post, so none taken. But I don't think I'm getting your point. Why would someone be "blaming" me for that?

I can't even find offense in that post, so none taken. But I don't think I'm getting your point. Why would someone be "blaming" me for that?

Sorry, I guess I didn't mean "blame". My point is that ChaosNinji pointed out that "I like his personality" isn't the best of arguments to demanding if he's good in battle. So what I really meant is that even if a character joins every map in the game, it doesn't makes him better when actually fighting.

Sorry I was unclear. I hope this explains better!

Well, the thing is...Naesala, like all other flying units, is very weak against bows (and especially crossbows) and he's prone to get hit by one (considering how in RD, even a 60% hit chance can get you raped). Nailah, on the other hand, while weak against fire magic, isn't exactly prone to getting hit by it (as the fire mages/sages don't get a special accuracy bonus for beast laguz, unlike bow users which get an accuracy bonus against fliers). There aren't that many bow users in the endgame chapters, but it's still something to be wary of, and I guess that's my reasoning for choosing Nailah over Naesala, speaking strictly gameplay-wise.

But, even though I admit that Nailah is a better character, I still prefer Naesala over her. :P

Edited by Magnús Örn Sigurðsson

Well, the thing is...Naesala, like all other flying units, is very weak against bows (and especially crossbows) and he's prone to get hit by one (considering how in RD, even a 60% hit chance can get you raped).

But, even though I admit that Nailah is a better character, I still prefer Naesala over her. :P

That's one of the reasons why I think Naesala is better than Tibarn; Naesala had got a bigger chance to avoid those guys. If a crossbow-guy attack Naesala or Tibarn, they'll almost die, since they both suffer around -50 HP from one of those. And bowmen weaken them about -20HP. (I believe.) Still, Naesala has a higher AVO, so...

Yay! :lol:

That's one of the reasons why I think Naesala is better than Tibarn; Naesala had got a bigger chance to avoid those guys. If a crossbow-guy attack Naesala or Tibarn, they'll almost die, since they both suffer around -50 HP from one of those. And bowmen weaken them about -20HP. (I believe.) Still, Naesala has a higher AVO, so...

This is just from my personal experience. Tibarn always get killed by an archer with a cross-bow. Naesala always seems to dodge them. Probably it was just my bad luck with Tibarn...

This is just from my personal experience. Tibarn always get killed by an archer with a cross-bow. Naesala always seems to dodge them. Probably it was just my bad luck with Tibarn...

Nope. It's not just your bad luck with him! ;)

I'm having problems with that too.

Naesala's avoid bonus is almost unnoticable. There's not that much of a difference at all... :/

Well,for raw stats alone,the avoid bonus isn't that significant,but Naesala has an affinity that raises avoid and Might,While Tibarn,who has 100% hit on everything anyway,has a heaven affinity.Naesala has better potential avoid supportage(new words FTW)and his Dark affinity is quite good,so people want to support him.Just my 2 cents.

Well,for raw stats alone,the avoid bonus isn't that significant,but Naesala has an affinity that raises avoid and Might,While Tibarn,who has 100% hit on everything anyway,has a heaven affinity.Naesala has better potential avoid supportage(new words FTW)and his Dark affinity is quite good,so people want to support him.Just my 2 cents.

I never thought of the affinity... but that's a very good point.

Sorry, I guess I didn't mean "blame". My point is that ChaosNinji pointed out that "I like his personality" isn't the best of arguments to demanding if he's good in battle. So what I really meant is that even if a character joins every map in the game, it doesn't makes him better when actually fighting.

Sorry I was unclear. I hope this explains better!

It means the character has more use throughout the game and more time to grow, very possibly making the character better. This is why a lot of people don't like someone like Nino. She turns out totally amazing, but comes so low that most don't want to bother. Naesala doesn't have this issue, but he does come later and lower than Nailah, giving her the edge in overall usability.

It means the character has more use throughout the game and more time to grow, very possibly making the character better. This is why a lot of people don't like someone like Nino. She turns out totally amazing, but comes so low that most don't want to bother. Naesala doesn't have this issue, but he does come later and lower than Nailah, giving her the edge in overall usability.

Yeah Nailah is more useful if you put that way...

Still, Naesala is a great character. I consider him the worst of the laguz royals, but that's kind of a counter statement; he's the worst of some of the best (statistically) units in the game. I don't use him because I don't like using laguz royals at all, I find it boring.

Still, Naesala is a great character. I consider him the worst of the laguz royals, but that's kind of a counter statement; he's the worst of some of the best (statistically) units in the game. I don't use him because I don't like using laguz royals at all, I find it boring.

Well, since Naesala is a Laguz Royal he is supposed to be good. It would be a shame if he weren't. I can see your point, but Nailah has two maps more than Naesala, and she gets 1exp for killing someone. ...how does that give her advantage?

Well, since Naesala is a Laguz Royal he is supposed to be good. It would be a shame if he weren't. I can see your point, but Nailah has two maps more than Naesala, and she gets 1exp for killing someone. ...how does that give her advantage?

There's always fighting untransformed which she actually does rather well in those chapters. She can Glare so your DB units can priest abuse and she can build supports. She has high movement and can rescue the prisoners in the swamp rather easily. She can Shove. Many good things about having her.

There's always fighting untransformed which she actually does rather well in those chapters. She can Glare so your DB units can priest abuse and she can build supports. She has high movement and can rescue the prisoners in the swamp rather easily. She can Shove. Many good things about having her.

"She has high movement and can rescue the prisoners in the swamp rather easily."

I like that too.

Sure, you right. She's useful and still doesn't steal any exps.

The only advantage I can find from what you wrote is the support-thing.

...That's actually a great advantage, since Naesala cannot get any A-level support if he doesn't join the Endgame...

I brought all the laguz royals into the endgame on hard mode...it was really boring. It was like playing easy mode.