any suggestion for my Lunatic no-grind run? (currently chapter 11)

Biin

Hi, everyone.

I bought FE Fates last year and I loved that game, so I decided to try FEA after I cleared all routes for Fates. Although I played hard difficulty for FE Fates, I wanted try out Lunatic for FEA. I cleared my first FEA with hard mode with grind and second run with Lunatic and grind.

Now, I am trying my third run with no-grind Lunatic run. I was googling some tips for Lunatic no-grind run, and I got a lot of help from Interceptor's Lunatic+ guide. Since I play vanilla Lunatic, I do not need to stick with bow classes, so tried my Robin to be a hero. (strategist (lv.20) -> mercenary (lv.20) -> hero (lv.5). After learning sol, he is unkillalble, and usually I use him to just bait a group of mobs such that other characters can kill one mob at a time for lvl up.

Unfortunately, I did not do a good job for lvling up characters such that most of exp went to avatars. Also, I relied too much tanking on avatar such that Lissa and Mariabelle are too unreliable. Avatar now takes 0 dmg from mobs such that I do not get a lot of chance to use healers effectively.

This is my squad at the moment at chapter 11, Mad King Gangrel.

FeMU: Hero (lvl 5)

Chrom: Great Lord (lvl 3)

Panne: Wyvern Rider (lvl 9)

Gregor: Mercenary (lvl 17)

Libra: War monk (lvl 3)

Anna: Trickster (lvl 2)

Relationships: FeMU & Chrom (S) and Panne & Gregor (B)

Here are my plans for future:

1. I plan to add Lucina and Morgan into my squad in the future (giving veteran to Lucina and giving Sol or Armsthrift to Morgan) and probably child of Panne to substitute Gregor. Gregor's performance so far is very unsatisfactory such that I plan to substitute him once I recruit Gregor.

2. Plan to use second seal on Chrom at lvl 10 and make him a Great Knight and learn DG+. Chrom can be very helpful as FeMU's partner once he has DS+, DG+ and charm.

3. Unsure about what to do for Panne. Current plan is to learn either swordbreaker or lancebreaker and pass that to her child if possible.

4. In the end the pairs I am gonna use with be FeMU+Chrom, Panne's child+Panne, and Morgan+Lucina. I feel bad that I won't be able to use Lucina as a front unit, but I have a hard time trying to find her possible support unit.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Pass Veteran to Lucina. And don't worry about people falling behind, Awakening's Lunatic is more of a low-manning game.

Edited by eggclipse

Just use partners for pair-up bonusses. Dual Guard+ is nice, but not needed. Try some sorcerror units, with Nosferatu/Aversa's night and be trully unkillable. Don't care about many partymembers, most will be easily killed anyway.

Just use partners for pair-up bonusses. Dual Guard+ is nice, but not needed. Try some sorcerror units, with Nosferatu/Aversa's night and be trully unkillable. Don't care about many partymembers, most will be easily killed anyway.

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not thinking of using nostank this time since I abused it so much on my last lunatic run.

Pass Veteran to Lucina. And don't worry about people falling behind, Awakening's Lunatic is more of a low-manning game.

Yes I did pass Veteran to Lucina. Panne and Gregor are starting to fall behind. Probably, i will end up using just Chrom's family although I did not wish this.

Yes I did pass Veteran to Lucina. Panne and Gregor are starting to fall behind. Probably, i will end up using just Chrom's family although I did not wish this.

Your main problem is, units falling behind.

This can't be helped really. Best thing you can probably do is, train 6 (?) at most.

Pair them up with not trained/barely trained units that do give good support bonuses.

Like Gregor, promote him to Hero for +3 SKL, +3 SPD and +2 DEF while paired up.

Early game focus on Avatar and Chrom. Mid-game get Lucina, Tharja and Henry. I think Nowi can be usable with some rigged DEF level-ups.

Pair them with some support bots that raise there strengths. Make sure you use a good pace, or you will die by to many incoming attackers. Use rally / staff bots. Good luck :)

Sol is pretty meh because Nosferatu exists and you should have reclassed into Pegasus Knight into Dark Flier so you can have Galeforce by Ch 13 for My Unit, Lucina, Morgan. I wouldn't worry about your army being small because that's how they always turn out with how few experience is available to pass around in higher difficulties. Wouldn't worry about Lissa or Maribelle because Libra and Anna exist. Yarne is meh so I wouldn't bother with using him over Gregor for Panne. If you commit to Gregor x Panne you want his axe rank to be raised.

As I mentioned above, I wanted to try this run without Nosferatu, so Sol was the most reliable health recovery option for me. In addition, I wanted to try forged weapons, so I chose to pass down armsthrift over GF for my male Morgan. (Lucina had to have veteran) I am currently in Chapter 19, so GF is not longer a viable option for me. Probably, I will try to use it for my next run.

Thanks for giving suggestion on Gregor x Panne. I will skip Yarne and focus more on this pair instead. Gregor is falling behind, but Panne is still useful as a lead-unit.

Your main problem is, units falling behind.

This can't be helped really. Best thing you can probably do is, train 6 (?) at most.

Pair them up with not trained/barely trained units that do give good support bonuses.

Like Gregor, promote him to Hero for +3 SKL, +3 SPD and +2 DEF while paired up.

Early game focus on Avatar and Chrom. Mid-game get Lucina, Tharja and Henry. I think Nowi can be usable with some rigged DEF level-ups.

Pair them with some support bots that raise there strengths. Make sure you use a good pace, or you will die by to many incoming attackers. Use rally / staff bots. Good luck :)

Thanks for suggestions. I am using units that are not longer productive as support unit bots.

Well, add to your opening post that you don't want to Nostank instead of complaining that I didn't read your other posts. If Gregor is falling behind, just focus on Panne with your resources.

I did not mean to complain about your reply. I apologize if you felt bad about what I wrote. Yes I will focus more on Panne.

Thanks everyone. I just finished this run. My poor planning of making Robin and Morgan into Grandmaster with hybrid dps gave me a really hard time at Grima, but Ignis + Rightful King saved my life.