need help with handaxe and tomahawk animation

trangblue

I'm new to this and i was trying to add some battle animation for Summoner's summon (Phantom) on FE8

This one

Phantom
rukkZdg.gifVd6EV6n.gif
Credit: The Blind Archer, Archibald - ROM hacking/patching, testing, BwdYeti - Sprite feedback, Skitty - Package editing (Melee normal, handaxe frames)
Temp - Testing, package editing (Melee crit, handaxes, dodges)
Description: The Summoner/Necromancer spawns get an actual animation.
Download

So i use FEeditor adv and nightmare to insert the animation and somehow i manage to get the melee battle animation working just right, but when it come to handaxe/tomahawk animation, the game freezes.

Here is my entry on nightmare

t0LsXEn.png

CA is the melee animation

CB & CD is the handaxe/tomahawk (they are the same , i just add a duplicate in 1 of my attemp to make it work)

Please someone show me the way to make it work :3 thank you very much

Change the "0 - Custom Animation for a weapon" to "1 - All weapons for a weapon type". Both on the Hand Axe and on the Tomahawk. Then it should work.

Hand axes and Tomahawks are the exception to the rule.

You have to set it to custom animation for these two weapons (plus the Hatchet if working in FE8).

You shouldn't have to have duplicates of the throwing animation (i.e., get rid of 0xCD and just use 0xCB). Are you sure you inserted the right animation?

Also, do you have FEditor and Nightmare open at the same time while doing this? Because they don't like to play together.

Edited by Primefusion

Hand axes and Tomahawks are the exception to the rule.

You have to set it to custom animation for these two weapons (plus the Hatchet if working in FE8).

Really? As far as I know, FE 8 handles Hand Axes, Hatchets and Tomahawks a bit... odd.

I had the same issue, and setting both to "Animation for a Weapon Type" did it for me (which is actually really strange now that I think about it).

I better change that before anything screws up...

Also, it would be good to know when exactly the game freezes. If it's already in the battle Screen with both sprites showing up, then you failed at assigning the animation for the Hand Axe in the Module (which shouldn't be the case as you Edits look correct to me).

If it freezes with a blackscreen before the battle screen shows up, you messed up the animation inserting part in FEditor. Check if you really inserted it at the correct index number (and whether you really expanded the Maximum index number) and don't forget to hit save (sometimes ist as simple as that).

Edited by Mariode