(Revelations Spoiler) I must be slow. I think I just realized why Anankos has his class name.

Qilin

It might be because Anankos literally has a permanent gag in his mouth made of his eyeballs. Anankos, the Silent Dragon, doesn't even have dialogue with anyone after transforming, IIRC.

This isn't something that the Intelligent Systems did either. According to the wiki Anankos is an "invisible demon dragon" in Japanese. That may allude to his method of influencing the world as well as his minions being invisible, but it actually has no bearing on Anankos's physical design when it is supposed to be the class name. If the translation team did this on purpose then I think it is incredibly clever. They managed to make it still allude to how Anankos operates and his minions' behavior as the original name does, except now it also alludes to the curse upon the knowledge of the Kingdom of Valla, his imprisonment in solitude, AND his design, when they could have easily just left it alone as "invisible dragon" the same way they left alone calling Lilith a "bird."

If only the rest of the game is this clever...

That's a lot of this game, tbh. Clever concepts and symbolism without the substance to give either any actual weight.

If we got to see more of who Anankos was - getting some actual character development out of him outside of DLC stuff - then it'd lead to me appreciating the symbolism behind his name and design so much more. But instead, Anankos is in the same pool as Iago; cool name and interesting design, but doesn't really have the character to match it. All Anankos is outside of DLC is an angry talking stone-head that hates humans and controls minds.

I find more symbolic value from minor characters than I do in Anankos.

Well back in Awakening, Grima's class is known as Grima. Its probably because Intelligent System isn't very creative with naming the final boss' class. o3o

He did have a sort of moniker, though; he was the "Fell Dragon". Though while that sounds pretty cool, it carries no intelligent symbolism or creativity. It literally just means a dragon that was felled long ago... which honestly happens to most dragons in these stories. Even the first story of FE had this dragon tragedy tale. In fact, Fates seems to be the only entry in FE with dragons who weren't felled a century or millennium ago.