FE7 Adding in More Than 2 Custom Classes?

cleverfool27

Hi, I'm currently working with Nightmare and looking to add a few extra classes.

However, the Class Editor Module only goes up to 0x62, with 2 slots called "Empty - Make a Custom Class!". I've changed the Class List text file to add in the numbers that I need, but those only show up in the "Class Number" and "This class promotes to" dropdowns, and not the big dropdown at the top of the module.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

post-12463-0-04800900-1481651537_thumb.png

First of all, you shouldn't edit those classes (0x62 and 0x63 iirc); those are mislabeled and are actually used classes (i believe they are used while a mounted unit is being rescued/dropped)

Secondly, it's not a good idea to willy-nilly add more classes to the end of the module without repointing - there is a good tool to do so here. Note that you will need to change your modules to account for this change as well.

Finally, to answer your actual question, the file you're looking for is called "Class Editor.txt"

I doubt it; the majority of this stuff is well-documented and has been for years - it's just possible that yours was organized slightly different than mine is. My Character Editor.nmm looks like this (you can open the .nmm file in notepad or any other text editor if you need to):

FE7 Character Editor by SpyroDi, modified by Arch the GK and Nintenlord
0xBDCE18
Character Editor.txt
NULL

Character Name
NEHU
NULL

Character Description
NEHU
NULL

[SNIPPED]
See in that first group of lines, there's a "Character Editor.txt"? If you open your own module, that's the file you're looking for. Edited by CT075