Snes9x problem, and unable to play Fire Emblem 3.

Flee Fleet!

I'm having a weird problem with my Snes9x. I hope this is the right topic to put in.

I downloaded an already translated rom of FE3, just played, was going perfectly well, and then my mother called. Then coming back to the room, I was about to start play the game again. However, it was a black screen now, and an error came about media output, iirc, and that I should change it. I could still hear the music of the game, however. I restarted my 9x again, and apparently my save states for FE3 were erased (same thing also happened with another game).

Also, I'm facing some problems patching FE4 with bookofholsety's new english patch for it. I patched the game through hard patching, and it even said it was successfully patched. But upon playing the game it was still in japanese. I then tried to play the game directly through the FE4 file( which automatically brought up Snes9x, with the game playing. It's the same for the other games as well), but there was a checksum error. And so it didn't work.

Any solutions?

By the way, I have WinRAR, and I hope it's not because of it that I'm experiencing these problems.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

^I...don't know. It didn't state it on the site I used to download the rom. I deleted the FE3 rom, along with FE4 rom, since they didn't work after I tried it again a few times. Although the FE3 rom's download size was 4.00 MB, if that's any help...

Also the rom was already patched when downloaded, and it's the patch by VincentASM and RPGuy96.

I would also like an explanation of the 1.0 and 1.1 rom, since I don't know what's the difference between them.

Thanks in advance!

Try reinstalling the emulator or use another one and see if they work.

I'm not too knowledgeable on roms but I believe 1.0 roms are headered while 1.1 roms are not. Headers are an anti piracy thing that was included by the devs but again, I am not too knowledgeable on this and odds are someone who is will see this.

Look for unpatched ROMs. I'm not too familiar with headers, but IIRC the patches need unheadered ROMs to work.

Should the proper response form the Global Moderator be to get a copy of the game yourself, then to strip the game data yourself as your right to a "backup" that you should never actually use?

Should the proper response form the Global Moderator be to get a copy of the game yourself, then to strip the game data yourself as your right to a "backup" that you should never actually use?

Well luckily FE3 carts are not every hard to find, I managed to snag a complete one back in July with a copy of FE4 which was also complete for 52 bucks. But the Rom shouldn't be too hard to find.

Send me money/a cartridge, and we'll talk. :P:

As the question itself is about a ROM, I did my best to answer with that context in mind.

the IPS format includes no validity checking of any kind, so it will happly say "patch successful" even if the patching has been horribly botched. Other patch formats have checking, but they are vastly less popular because ips has been around forever.

NSRT is a program that can add and remove headers.

Edited by sirmola