Halo VS Metroid

torifae

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose you mean the Halo vs Metroid 3D fan movie?

I have more fun with Halo, but I think Metroid's prolly better.

Edited by Mac

Personally I prefer Halo, I'm thinking it's Halo that kept me the gamer I am today. Because I was starting to lose interest when I first heard of it when Halo 2 came out.

I played some Metroid and thought it was rather boring

They're not really comparable. The only thing they have in common would be that they're FPS, and only the 3D Metroids are FPS... :/

I said this before many times on another forum, and I'll say it again here: the 3D Metroids are not first-person shooters. They are adventure games in first-person. And don't give me that shit saying that "Well you're in first person and you shoot stuff, lolol." There are more to a FPS than just that. Look at the specifics of the Metroid Prime games and compare them to the specifics of FPSes and see what I'm talking about.

Going off-topic here, but this is just like these people with Zelda. "IT'S AN RPG OMG!!!" Once again, there are a small (quite possibly none) number of RPG elements in any Zelda game. Saying that Zelda is an RPG or Metroid Prime is an FPS is like saying almost every game is a fighter because there's some fighting going on.

Finally, Halo and Metroid are not even comparable at all. But give me Metroid over Halo anyday.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

I said this before many times on another forum, and I'll say it again here: the 3D Metroids are not first-person shooters. They are adventure games in first-person. And don't give me that shit saying that "Well you're in first person and you shoot stuff, lolol." There are more to a FPS than just that. Look at the specifics of the Metroid Prime games and compare them to the specifics of FPSes and see what I'm talking about.

If you're in first-person and you shoot stuff, I call it a first person shooter, even if other elements are in it and some normal FPS elements are left out. Thing is, it is a shooter (if not traditional), and it is first-person. Not to say there isn't more to it, but that's still there.

I played Halo. I didn't like it. Metroid wins every time.

Metroid, easily. Super Metroid >>>>>> Every XBox FPS ever made. And when you add Metroid Prime, which is pretty much 3D Super Metroid, the competition ends fast. As for the FPS VS FPA thing, I consider MP and MP2:E to be FPA and MP3:C and MP:H to be FPS. Considering that I also think MP > MP2 >>>>>>>> MP3 > MPH, my general dislike of FPS should be obvious.

Metroid, easily. Super Metroid >>>>>> Every XBox FPS ever made. And when you add Metroid Prime, which is pretty much 3D Super Metroid, the competition ends fast. As for the FPS VS FPA thing, I consider MP and MP2:E to be FPA and MP3:C and MP:H to be FPS. Considering that I also think MP > MP2 >>>>>>>> MP3 > MPH, my general dislike of FPS should be obvious.

IMO, MP2>MP>MP3>>>>MPH....

As for the FPS or FPA thing: I really don't care. The way I see it, it can pretty much be both. You're in first person, shooting on an adventure. It can be an FPSA or FPAS or something.

Halo is gay, imo it's one of the worst games ever, Metrioid is epic though

Call of Duty > Halo

Fox, you have it all wrong

MP > MP3 > MP2 > MPH

MP was weird, the difficulty was fun but the story was werid and the worlds were weird idk I didn't liek ti oh and the beams were gay

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Fox, you have it all wrong

MP > MP3 > MP2 > MPH

MP was weird, the difficulty was fun but the story was werid and the worlds were weird idk I didn't liek ti oh and the beams were gay

You're calling my opinion wrong, and I don't like that. MP2 was my favorite. Deal with it.

M:ZM>MPH>MP3>MP>MP2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Metroid Fusion

I'm joking of course

If it wasn't for that spoiler tag, I'd have to hurt you.

Fusion was pretty great. Short, linear for a Metroid adventure game, but still pretty great.

I bought Super Metroid and beat it like 3 times over Virtual Console. It's still the best one.

It's comparing apples to lettuce. Two very different characters, two very different universes, two very different genres.

They're both shooting games, they both set in a "space-time" theme, and their character in each of their game uses suits for utilities and shits to do all the shootings and stuff. They're perfectly comparable.

And yes, MP3 FTW.

Edited by Gulcasa

Am I the only one who prefers MP2 over MP1? I found the first one to be too easy, even on hard mode. The second one was actually challenging...too challenging even.

*Raises hand*

MP2>MP1>MP3. MP3 was fun, but way too easy, even on hard mode. MP2's dual worlds and crazy tough bosses (BOOST GUARDIAN!!!!!!!!) made for an awesome game.

I dont think I put a serious one here

hmmm.... for me it's MP3>MP2>MP1

MP3 wins simply because of the Wii controls and not just moving a joystick. It felt more realistic. I hate reading, so the story isn't all that important to me, but MP2 was pretty damn good