Every Character Has an Official English Name Now

Oshimos

While some changes like Wendy to Gwendoly is pretty ok with me(its still has the Wendy part in it "Gwendolyn" :P:) and Marduk is alright(but Murduk kinda sounds cooler), Why the heck was Shin(FE6) changed to Sin? Why take out the "H"? :blink:

5 hours ago, Busterman64 said:

While some changes like Wendy to Gwendoly is pretty ok with me(its still has the Wendy part in it "Gwendolyn" :P:) and Marduk is alright(but Murduk kinda sounds cooler), Why the heck was Shin(FE6) changed to Sin? Why take out the "H"? :blink:

Shin and Sin are rendered exactly the same in Katakana.

Edited by General Banzai

They also changed Niime to Nimue.

Granted, FE7 also mistranslated a few other names (Reglay to Wrigley, in the Heath-Louise C support; Isadora to Isabella, if you use Lowen to recruit Harken; Aenir to Quintessence, if you defeat Nergal after having completed chapter 19xx in Hector mode), so I'm rather inclined to take the names in FE7 with a stiff dose of salt.

1 hour ago, Paper Jam said:

They also changed Niime to Nimue.

Granted, FE7 also mistranslated a few other names (Reglay to Wrigley, in the Heath-Louise C support; Isadora to Isabella, if you use Lowen to recruit Harken; Aenir to Quintessence, if you defeat Nergal after having completed chapter 19xx in Hector mode), so I'm rather inclined to take the names in FE7 with a stiff dose of salt.

Don't forget Almace as Armads and Turpin as Durbans.

So...what is Katarina's Eremiya-given name supposed to be then? What kind of name can form some sort of theme naming with the name Clarisse?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

12 hours ago, Matthewtheman said:

Don't forget Almace as Armads and Turpin as Durbans.

I thought Armads was always Armads in FE7, and Durban was always Durban.

Where in the FE7 script was Armads referred to as Almace, or Durban as Turpin?

1 hour ago, Paper Jam said:

I thought Armads was always Armads in FE7, and Durban was always Durban.

Where in the FE7 script was Armads referred to as Almace, or Durban as Turpin?

He's saying Almace and Turpin are the original names they're derived from. FE7 does seem to intentionally change names all things considered instead of straight lifting them from mythology, as is the case with these two names. Not to say the translators for that game weren't also kind of dense, but there is that.