Feelings about animated cutscenes?

So, IIRC, during the direct, it mentioned that there would be (drawn) animated cutscenes. We saw this very, very slightly in Fates.. how do you feel about it being more prominent in this game?

I've personally never really been one for "anime" cutscenes in games. The quality varies too much, and video game characters don't tend to be designed with 2D/non-CGI animation in mind. The stuff we got a glimpse at was not anything cringe-worthy for sure, though I can't help but be anxious. Fates' CG cutscenes were beautiful, and just by virtue of using 3D models, were consistent. Visual quality is the biggest thing for me in any sort of cutscenes OR anime, and just judging by what I've seen in other video game anime cutscenes, I'm not excited for them here. I will give them a chance, though.

Also, whats the name of the studio handling the animation? I didn't happen to catch it during the trailer.

The Fire Emblem Direct narrator that voiced by the same voice actor who did Marth in the recent game saids the animation was done by Studio Khara. The animation in the game from the Direct looks pretty neat.

Edited by King Marth 64

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

The Fire Emblem Direct narrator that voiced by the same voice actor who did Marth in the recent game saids the animation was done by Studio Khara. The animation in the game from the Direct looks pretty neat.

Thanks! It seems that they've done some good things, having done Evangelion movies, and even the in-betweens for Wolf Children, a favorite of mine. The whole anime prospect is looking a bit more promising already.

It looks clean, but still retains the feeling of a fantasy/medieval anime they would make in the previous decade. It reminds me of that Romeo and Juliet anime, and something else too. I'm just wondering how much are they going to be used in the game, since it seems like not every cutscene is animated.