The name "The Blazing Blade"

DarkDestr0yer61

With the announcement of Heroes, we have an official name for Fire Emblem 7, "The Blazing Blade". I thought it was interesting since fans have been calling it "The Blazing Sword" or "Blazing Sword" for a while now.... I am actually playing through Fire Emblem 7 right now and I came across this line of dialogue...

nhdp467.jpg

...I feel like the reason they went with "The Blazing Blade" makes sense, all things considered. 

9 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Same here, honestly. Blazing blade and Binding blade sound too similar

Yep, when I read the name I was like "oh they put the wrong name to FE7 lol" then I read with more attention. I'll just call it Rekka no Ken or FE7 since for me both english and japanese names sound bad.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, Ycine said:

I'm staying with Rekka no Ken.

Wich is literraly translated to The Blazing Sword.

Of course, "The Blazing Blade" is an equally valid translation for "Rekka no Ken."

In addition, every instance of "rekka no ken" in FE7's script, besides its Japanese subtitle, is officially translated as "blazing blade" or "sword of sacred fire." "Blazing Sword" is nothing more than a fan nickname.

Edited by Paper Jam

I've called the game Blazing Blade for a while, since when it's referred to in game that's frequently the translation used.

Heck, one of Owain's "Special Moves" is named after the game and he says Blazing Blade in the English version as well.

I always considered it the closest to official translation.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:21 PM, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Same here, honestly. Blazing blade and Binding blade sound too similar

Yeah, this lol. I got them mixed up enough before. 

I'm glad they finally gave FE7 official distinction in the West though. It's a lot less confusing than "Fire Emblem", especially for newbs of the series or non-fans looking into it.

I'll probably continue to call it FE7, but Blazing Blade makes sense, since it clearly ties it to Binding Blade, which is what FE6 has always been localised as. A bit more confusing than Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, but still.