What do you think the special outfits will look like?

Anacybele

So yeah, about them outfits that the two poll winners will get! What do you think they'll look like?

It could depend on the character, but I imagine them to be fancy shmancy clothes with white or silvery fabric and gold trim and stuff, to highlight that they're special. And if Ike keeps his top spot, this'd be funny, because I can't see him ever wanting to dress like that. XD Can he wear a fancy headband too? Admittedly, this is another reason I want him to win, so I can giggle at the irony. lol

I'm not sure Lyn would dress like that either and she's currently leading the females, though she does ask Eliwood to teach her to be a lady...lol so who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

Hm, that is an interesting question. I mean, considering the current leaders, one of my thoughts was that they might reuse the Einherjar designs from Awakening, but I kinda doubt that, especially since it's possible someone who didn't get an Einherjar could win.

That said, your suggestion about the "white or silvery fabric and gold trim and stuff" makes me think they could be given Askr-themed armour like Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna. That'd be pretty neat.

They could always just go with some sort of fanservice outfit like Awakening/Fates's swimsuit stuff, but the Askr armour would be cooler and fit better into the lore of the game.

Some things I can think of

Obviously, as stated above, they could just be your typical fanservice flair (swimsuits, yukata, etc.)

They could be an alternate class for the character (for instance Nomad/Nomadic Trooper for Lyn or PoR!Ike as a Vanguard)

Or they could be just a more powerful version of them with different art

I hope my boy Roy would get something fancy if he won. Well as long as it isn't fanservice I'm fine with just about anything the winners would get. However, I don't think Tharja would get something that isn't fanservice.

Yeah, I really hope it isn't fanservice. As much as I like the idea of a shirtless Ike and all, it's just not cool or practical for this. In fact, I would absolutely hate if the winning characters got the Camilla treatment. >_>

I rather doubt it will be though, because they're described as special "Choose Your Legends" outfits, not simply "special outfits" and fanservice really wouldn't fit that.

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I really hope it isn't fanservice. As much as I like the idea of a shirtless Ike and all, it's just not cool or practical for this. In fact, I would absolutely hate if the winning characters got the Camilla treatment. >_>

I rather doubt it will be though, because they're described as special "Choose Your Legends" outfits, not simply "special outfits" and fanservice really wouldn't fit that.

You really hate fansevice why it just eye candy.

1 minute ago, mikethepokemaster said:

You really hate fansevice why it just eye candy.

Um, no I don't. I hate it being in your face like Camilla. If it was entirely optional content, I wouldn't care. And I DID just say I wouldn't mind a shirtless Ike as a side thing...

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Um, no I don't. I hate it being in your face like Camilla. If it was entirely optional content, I wouldn't care. And I DID just say I wouldn't mind a shirtless Ike as a side thing...

My bad, sorry. Just seem like you hated fansevice. So you must dislike anime if you watch anime stuff like Highschool DxD Fairy Tail, or To Love Ru

4 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

My bad, sorry. Just seem like you hated fansevice. So you must dislike anime if you watch anime stuff like Highschool DxD Fairy Tail, or To Love Ru

No. Can you stop assuming things about me, please? I don't actually watch a LOT of anime, but the few animes I did watch I liked.

I kinda assumed it would be alternate outfits based on the games, like promoted outfits or ones based on characters related to the winners. I like the idea of FE Heroes themed outfits too.

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So yeah, about them outfits that the two poll winners will get! What do you think they'll look like?

It could depend on the character, but I imagine them to be fancy shmancy clothes with white or silvery fabric and gold trim and stuff, to highlight that they're special. And if Ike keeps his top spot, this'd be funny, because I can't see him ever wanting to dress like that. XD Can he wear a fancy headband too? Admittedly, this is another reason I want him to win, so I can giggle at the irony. lol

I'm not sure Lyn would dress like that either and she's currently leading the females, though she does ask Eliwood to teach her to be a lady...lol so who knows.

This is exactly how I imagined the special outfits would look like, and seeing Ike in that kind of outfit would be awesome and somewhat amusing too :D.

If Ike gets fancy clothes, can they just update his portrait so he looks constantly uncomfortable? I mean, let's have him remain in character here.

Also, I suspect Lyn will get yet another boob job if she wins.

For what it's worth, while I suspect something like swimsuits, yukatas and whatever will eventually appear in the game, those are likely to be left as seasonal things (that's how these games roll), so at the very least the poll winner shouldn't be getting that sort. I could see the female winner getting worked into the Bride class from Awakening tho

Personally I think something wacky like Ike wearing Greil's clothes or the Black Knight's armor would be nice.

What I suspect it to be is a fancier version of their regular design. Something similar to this:

Spoiler

Eugen A.png   Eugen (SSR) A.png

That's Eugen from Granblue Fantasy, free version on the left, rng-locked limited edition on the right (credits to Granblue Fantasy wiki)

with obligatory fanservice upgrade ofc

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

If Ike gets fancy clothes, can they just update his portrait so he looks constantly uncomfortable? I mean, let's have him remain in character here.

Haha, yes, please! lol

Ike: Damn it, these stuffy noble clothes... I just HAD to be popular.

Fans: WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE--

Ike: AW, SHUT UP! >_< *blush*

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Haha, yes, please! lol

Ike: Damn it, these stuffy noble clothes... I just HAD to be popular.

Fans: WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE--

Ike: AW, SHUT UP! >_< *blush*

Would he blush though? I feel like he would just stare at us like we are crazy I mean he wouldn't be wrong :P:

4 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I kinda assumed it would be alternate outfits based on the games, like promoted outfits or ones based on characters related to the winners. I like the idea of FE Heroes themed outfits too.

Didn't the Direct say that promotion is already a natural component of the game?  So every character (aside from ones that don't promote) should already have an alternative promotion portrait.