All-Girls Run

bethany81707

In Sacred Stones, I made the decision to go through the entire game using only the girl characters (dealing with Chapter 5x by using Orson, mostly). It went surprisingly well, and after a while, I decided I might want to do it in Blazing Sword, too. However, on starting my initial draft of the route, I realised I faced one of two issues:

Eliwood route- Get Rebecca as the only offensive unit until Chapter 15.

Hector route- Have a map with no girls, and then get Rebecca as the only offensive unit until Chapter 15.

Neither route sounds appealing, and to be honest, I'm not even sure Eliwood Rebecca-only is possible (can your Iron Bow last until the armoury in Chapter 12?), but I'm still interested despite the glaring flaw of the early-game. Does anyone have any suggestions for how one might hold out until Lyn and Florina arrive (and, if Lyn's mode has been played, proceed to wipe the floor with whatever Rebecca had accomplished)?

Maybe if you decide to make it a randomized run and randomize the recruitment only. That way you COULD get more women in the early game (think Karla/Isadora/Vaide as the Jeigan).

Alternatively, if you are unwilling to use a rom or just don't want to randomize it, attempt to take the weapons away from the boys and have them form a wall or a ring around Rebecca until she clears the enemies out. I don't think there's a real way she could do the entire chapter alone. (and you can forget about chapter 14, lol.)

As for the bow, I'm pretty sure it will last you long enough, yes. Iron bows have 40 uses (i think) so it should do.

...Yeah, I think meatshielding will be mandatory this time.

Also, I don't think I'll be bothering with Chapter 13x. Merlinus early when I've got pack mules for days seems overkill, and unlike Sacred Stones, I don't think anyone can conceivably use axes...

Oh, right, Isadora. I guess she doesn't need the Iron Axes.

You could always do a Lords + girls run. It's not like Eliwood and Hector are going to be doing too much anyways. Then just phase them out when you get more girls to use. 

Also, the main lord is forced in every map and there is a map where it's just the main lord and 1 other unit so you might want to use the main lord regardless.

Since there aren't any really tanky girls until Vaida, I would suggest doing Hectors mode since he can actually be used as a tank.

Edited by Hawk King

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You could always do a Lords + girls run. It's not like Eliwood and Hector are going to be doing too much anyways. Then just phase them out when you get more girls to use. 

Also, the main lord is forced in every map and there is a map where it's just the main lord and 1 other unit so you might want to use the main lord regardless.

Since there aren't any really tanky girls until Vaida, I would suggest doing Hectors mode since he can actually be used as a tank.

I suppose. It didn't occur to me in Sacred Stones because of how easy it is to not worry about Ephraim until the final chapter (in which he steals the spot of one of the girls, who would otherwise perfectly fit in the 12 spaces allowed).

And Hector mode has two exclusive characters who both happen to be girls. Granted, Karla is still not in her environment (Lyn outclasses her and is mandatory for endgame, while Karla requires I actively break the challenge to train Bartre... maybe in some other challenge), but with my luck with pegasus knights and the lack of slots that might otherwise be dedicated to class diversity, Farina is worth that gold.

You could grind Bartre with an arena after getting a hero crest. Get him to Lv 10, promote him, then get him to Lv 5 and never use him again except to recruit Karla. 

There is a trick to manipulating your opponent in the arenas so you always have the weapon triangle advantage. That way you don't have to worry about Bartre dying.