Jeuxvidéo.com Interview with Matsushita and Maeda

Ycine

Why hello, everyone. I hope you're doing well. Jeuxvidéo.com interviewed Shingo Matsushita and Kouhei Maeda about FE Heroes.

Since the article is in French, I translate it. So here you go.

(original link for French readers: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/602161/fire-emblem-heroes-gameplay-mariages-les-createurs-repondent-a-nos-questions.htm)

Jeuxvidéo.com : As a free-to-play, Fire Emblem Heroes uses a Stamina Regeneration System wich allows the player to complete Missions. Can you tell us more about it ?

Matsushita-san : It is possible to regain Stamina via the use of Regeneration Items. We can collect them by completing Missions and we gain some for free every week-end. We can use that in our advantage to play for longer period of time.

Maeda-san : Fire Emblem Heroes uses two differents ressources, Stamina is for Missions, Duelling Swords are for Arena. Both of them regenerate with time.

Jeuxvidéo.com : How does PvP work ? Can we play against other players directly or are we playing against other's team but controled by the CPU ?

Maeda-san : Players can take part in PvP battle in the Arena Duels mode. You are set up against the IA, however they do not lack in depth and strategy. We can deploy many team members with a large array of skills. By using these skills to a maximum, the IA can chose in a wide variety of strategies. I must admit that I like PvP a lot in FE Heroes. Each teams we're facing is different and each battle are a new moment of excitement. I find it stimulating to adjust my approach and to find a winning strategy.

Mastushita-san : Human Vs Human wouldn't have worked out with our arena rules. Not by the release launch.

Jeuxvidéo.com : Does FE Heroes uses a Support System between characters that allow them to became better unit when paired to other units? Is there a Marriage System?

Mastushita-san : Certain Skills allows a unit to support a other one. However, we haven't implemented a feature based on relationship between heroes. Therefore, no Marriage System. Because we've introduced a lot of elements from ancient titles, we wanted to assure that we do not alter the personality from each of our characters. If we've decided to focus on a specific a character and create specifi ties for him we risk to damage the memories that fans have about this specific character. Also, if we've tried to do so, I highly doubt we could have been able to release the game.

Maeda-san : There is no Marriage System, not at the release at least. However, for each character, when they achieve their max level, a special bond is formed between him and you, the player...