Anyone else's app randomly closing?

Dragoncat

I'm having quite the rotten time with this. First it won't let me link my nintendo account (which I googled the issue and it appears a patch needs to be released to fix it) and now I'll play for a while, and then the app will close itself. Thank god for bookmark save data...it always seems to happen in a battle. 

Anyone else? Android.

(ios) Mine crashes a lot, mostly when battles are innitiated or when they level up. Something that (kind of) helps, is turning off animations. It doesn't fix it, but it helps you get further than you would otherwise (bless bookmark data :D)

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah that's pretty much when mine does it too, but once it did it during dialogue. *sigh*

For me, it might be because my phone is a lot older (It did this during Pokemon Go too). Unfortunately, I have had to skip through pretty much all dialogue and story scenes because I don't want it to crash without it registering I finished the map :|

My phone is kinda older too. It wouldn't let me get Pokemon Go, I think I might be able to now since it upgraded itself. But it doesn't have much space...I can't have both.

I just hope the nintendo account linking thing is fixed soon, when I get a new phone I don't want to start over.

Edited by Dragoncat

That's definitely the sign of an aging system. FE: Heroes is very stable on even emulators ('though that doesn't rule out problems with a specific phone/tablet), which reinforces the idea that it's simply a lack of resources. RAM would be my guess without specific specs. 

That account linking problem is new to me though. What happens exactly?

Edited by FangXV

Well I fixed both problems by turning my phone off and on again. Hopefully, Account linking worked. What happened was I would push the "use this account" button on the web browser that came up, and it just took me to a thing that said "null dns server not found".

...emulators? I can understand that for consoles, but smart device games normally have in app purchases and stuff...well I guess if someone doesn't care about that. But emulators for smart devices are news for me.

Yeah, same (also android). My game crashed right after I got my 5-star Luci pull (first summon of that session) and I panicked, wondering if it was gonna void the pull... thankfully, the game tracks your progress with both battles and summoning; so far the only instance where I've been screwed by the game crashing on me was having one of my arena victories voided and my chain subsequently reset because the battle results couldn't be authenticated. 

32 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well I fixed both problems by turning my phone off and on again. Hopefully, Account linking worked. What happened was I would push the "use this account" button on the web browser that came up, and it just took me to a thing that said "null dns server not found".

...emulators? I can understand that for consoles, but smart device games normally have in app purchases and stuff...well I guess if someone doesn't care about that. But emulators for smart devices are news for me.

Haha yeah there are Android emulators available for primarily Windows systems. Google doesn't block them so they have full access to the Play store and in-app purchases. Some games do block them though, but that's up to the developers. It's basically just "frowned upon". :P:

But apologies for derailing it for a minute there. Glad you got your account linked. DNS server is what translates the IP address of a site to a www.(site).com address and vice versa. I guess in theory you could have opened the site manually before pressing the button and it might have gone through... Moot point now I suppose.