Duplicates - Train/Merge?

Kruggov

Just a little question - i have 3 pairs of duplicates (2star/1star Virion, 2 3star Felicias and 4star/5star Marth). I wonder if it's better to merge them right away, or train them to the same rarity then merge? Or even just send them home (mainly in case of Virion)?

Also, unrelated question - is it worth it to train Anna/Alfonse/Sharena?

Whether it's better to send them home or keep is up to you. Personally, I'm keeping every unit until I reach the cap, then I see what I can do with them.

For merging, here's a bit of info. You can;

A - merge two same * units immediatly for some SP and a level-up. The level up will always increase two stats by one. You can merge a unit ten times, giving it twente bonus stats in total, +4 to all stats. However, if you decide to awaken  units potential (raise star count) it will reset the stats and the bonus stats from merging will be gone. Merged units however need less feathers to raise their star count.

B - Raise two the same units with the same star amount to level 40 and see who has better stats before merging. Stats will mostly be the same, but units have one High and one Low stat and 3 Medium/Average stats. High and Low generally give about +3/4 or -3/4 compared to Medium/Average stats. (Example: say Medium defense for a 5* Lyn is 20, if yours has High Defense it will be 23/24, if it's Low she will have 16/17. If it's High, one of her other stats will be Low, and the rest will be Medium/Average) I hope this makes sense to you. Anyway, by analysing their final stats you can decide which unit to feed to the source (the best) character.

C - If one unit has a higher star count than the other, you can merge the lower star count into the larger star count to give the bigger starcount a bonus of SP to unlock skills with. Some units need extra SP to unlock all their skills, others don't.

As for the main characters, there's already one hard mission that requires you to field one of them in a certain chapter to get rewards and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of those. I believe once you raise their star count, they will be pretty solid units.

Edited by Birdy