Arena Meta Seriously Broken, Needs a Duplicate Clause

Rezzy

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm hearing different things like RNG being tied to the account/device (likely to prevent savescumming) or units having different boon/bane combos to make it so that no two units of the same name, portrait, and rarity have the same stats. Like I've seen 5* Lyns with better Speed stats than my 5* Lyn does despite her being at a higher level.

The randomness is only which stat is the positive and which stat is the negative. After that's been determined, which stats increase on each level up is predetermined.

If you have two of the same character at the same rarity with the same positive and negative stat combination, they will have identical stats when at the same level as each other.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The randomness is only which stat is the positive and which stat is the negative. After that's been determined, which stats increase on each level up is predetermined.

If you have two of the same character at the same rarity with the same positive and negative stat combination, they will have identical stats when at the same level as each other.

Is every level up for a given unit with a bane/boon combination going to be identical for everyone at every level or do they just converge at level 40?  Say, can you get really lucky and get most of your Atk level ups early on and have a level 20 with different stats than another level 20 unit?

It's not exactly the same, but I compared my 3* and 4* Est stats after I promoted her, andthere were drastic differences, with the 3* being higher in some stats, even.

From what research I have read...

1. Stat Caps are done by a "Boon & Bane" system. So far, there has been three confirmed configurations: (High, Low, 3 Medium || 2 High, 2 Low, 1 Medium || 5 Medium)
1 Source - https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator
1A - As an aside, I have a "High Speed, Low Attack" 5* Ryoma. I have yet to level up my other 5* to 40, so I can post them somewhere if anyone is interested.

2. The road to cap stats may be different. While starting stats and endgame stats will be the same, the leveling up process may be random.
2A. However, Ice Dragon's research seems to point toward predetermined level-up stats (As in, a Caeda leveling up from 2 -> 3 with the same Boon & Bane will always receive the same stat levelup). I do not know if this also applies across separate accounts (so my Caeda leveling might be different from Ice Dragon's despite having the same Boon & Bane) or if the levelup stats are baseline for everybody.

6Vh1r5.png
jclOKD.png
bGaAF4.png
sBDJKB.png
qy45k6.png
MT1kB0.png

Everything will be fine when you choose anything up to intermediate. Right now 2k feathers can be obtained by completing both difficulties. Wouldn't suggest the bottom one unless you have a really good team and above LV30. Talking 4/5 Star characters.

3 hours ago, PuffPuff said:

Reveal hidden contents

6Vh1r5.png
jclOKD.png
bGaAF4.png
sBDJKB.png
qy45k6.png
MT1kB0.png

Everything will be fine when you choose anything up to intermediate. Right now 2k feathers can be obtained by completing both difficulties. Wouldn't suggest the bottom one unless you have a really good team and above LV30. Talking 4/5 Star characters.

Yeah, I got a 7 streak plus a couple defense wins to get some feathers this week.

I'm trying advanced for the mission, hopefully once I've got my Takumi counters leveled it will be a bit easier.

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is every level up for a given unit with a bane/boon combination going to be identical for everyone at every level or do they just converge at level 40?  Say, can you get really lucky and get most of your Atk level ups early on and have a level 20 with different stats than another level 20 unit?

It's not exactly the same, but I compared my 3* and 4* Est stats after I promoted her, andthere were drastic differences, with the 3* being higher in some stats, even.

If you have a Marth with +Atk and -Def and a second Marth with +Atk and -Res, the two Marths will gain points in HP (both neutral), Atk (both positive), and Spd (both neutral) at the same levels. Their Def and Res stats will differ. At level 40, the two Marths will have identical HP, Atk, and Spd. The first Marth will have lower Def than the second, and the second will have lower Res than the first.

I don't know if promotion gives better growth rates because I haven't tested it out yet, but a level 1 5-star character has only 3 points of stats more than a level 1 4-star character. Assuming growth rates don't change, this means, for example, that a +Atk 3-star would easily have more Atk than a -Atk 4-star.

On 2/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah. As an aside, since you brought up Garchomp, which had sets designed to beat its counters, is Takumi that effective as well?

Yeah, pretty much all Takumis and Characters for that matter wind up the same, since they all have a given skill set that's identical once you have enough SP.  Takumi's just broken, because even Takumi counters have a hard time dealing with more than one Takumi, except for possibly Hector, who I don't have, so I can't say for sure.

Geez, just encountered my first few Takumis. Thankfully just one at a time. Had to retreat to a position where all my guys could dogpile him at once.

Counter needs to be a Special attack, not a passive skill. Heck just making it so Close Counter attacks never followup would go a long way to making that easier to fight. He had enough speed to double my Lyn, both level 27.

Question: Does the arena record exactly what units I use for other people to encounter? If so, I'm never using this crap in the arena, that's too cruel.

Edited by Gustavos

27 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Geez, just encountered my first few Takumis. Thankfully just one at a time. Had to retreat to a position where all my guys could dogpile him at once.

Counter needs to be a Special attack, not a passive skill. Heck just making it so Close Counter attacks never followup would go a long way to making that easier to fight. He had enough speed to double my Lyn, both level 27.

Question: Does the arena record exactly what units I use for other people to encounter? If so, I'm never using this crap in the arena, that's too cruel.

Your arena team is the team in the leftmost position (the unit that's used in your friend code is the head of this team).

My strategy for Takumi is to leave Virion in range.  He'll hit himself over the head for -7 Speed.