Alan/Lance/Roy support triangle

Florete

Ugh. 11A is a royal pain. First real problem chapter. I had to restart for a number of reasons:

1. A village was plundered

2. One of Klein's archers died

3. One of Tate's peggies died

4. I lost Merlinus.

Darn.

At least you're better then I am. I'm guessing you're doing this on hard mode?

Me,

1. TWO villages was destoryed

2. ALL of Klein's men died

3. ALL of Tate's men dided

4. Didn't lose an unit

Shit, I would suck on Hard Mode.

Awesome Clarine is Awesome. My Clarine didn't had all those stats boats on level 21.

I restarted 11A and beat it with all the villages visited. I lost some of Klein's and Tate's units, but I don't need the promotion items, so I didn't bother restarting.

Also, I read that Echidna is supposed to be pretty good, but, looking at growths and bases, it doesn't look that way... What makes her good?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

huge skl/spd + axes for offense

full defense supports for defense

Also being already promoted in a game where promotion items are scarce.

She's not h4x like Lance or Rutger, but she's better than most.

Edited by Reikken

The reason to use Clarine is that her avoid quickly exceeds 9000. Or may as well be over nine thousand since nothing can hit her. Like literally can't hit (she often faces 0 hit rates).

Exactly what I was going to say. In Ch. 21, I put her in a wood and none of the reenforcements could hit her.

Exactly. Pre-premotes who don't suck are VERY rare in this game, so she's considered good.

It's funny you'd say Lance is hax, since my Alan is winning or tying in every stat and weapon levels.

Problem with axes for Echidna is her 9 con. An Iron Axe weighs her down.

Ugh. 11A is a royal pain. First real problem chapter. I had to restart for a number of reasons:

1. A village was plundered

2. One of Klein's archers died

3. One of Tate's peggies died

4. I lost Merlinus.

Darn.

Protip: You don't need Merlinus to take part in the chapter in FE6. Stuff can be sent to him even if he's not on the battlefield.

Protip: You don't need Merlinus to take part in the chapter in FE6. Stuff can be sent to him even if he's not on the battlefield.

Yeah, I figured that out afterward. I still like having him so I can grab extra items.

It's funny you'd say Lance is hax, since my Alan is winning or tying in every stat and weapon levels.

Problem with axes for Echidna is her 9 con. An Iron Axe weighs her down.

Alan is h4x, too.

And to a somewhat lesser extent, Percival, Miledy, and Dieck.

And that about concludes the h4x characters. After that, there aren't many better than Echidna, and if they are, it probably isn't by much.

Her spd is high enough that lol1 AS loss doesn't keep her from doubling. She's still faster than other doods with good spd like Alan or Dieck.

Edited by Reikken

Alan is h4x, too.

And to a somewhat lesser extent, Percival, Miledy, and Dieck.

And that about concludes the h4x characters. After that, there aren't many better than Echidna, and if they are, it probably isn't by much.

Her spd is high enough that lol1 AS loss doesn't keep her from doubling. She's still faster than other doods with good spd like Alan or Dieck.

Fun fact: Promoted Lance still wasn't as good as unpromoted Alan except in one defense and a couple HP...

Those are all the hax characters? What about Rutger?

Actually, Rutger was mentioned in the first post along with Lance.

I'd also throw Lugh in, if only because he does have a decent affinity and (slow) supports with a few characters that see quite a bit of use. It would be nice if he were a bit better, but considering that Magic users have some of the worst growth totals in the game. . .

And HM Gonzales too.

Gonzales and Lugh are debateable vs Echidna. I was listing only the ones that are easily better.

Some of their main problems are that Lugh joins pretty weak and has weak defenses, and Gonzales has some serious issues with hitting things.

Gonzales and Lugh are debateable vs Echidna. I was listing only the ones that are easily better.

Some of their main problems are that Lugh joins pretty weak and has weak defenses, and Gonzales has some serious issues with hitting things.

He hits hard >_>

And unless the rng hates you to hell and back, he'll cap ram his HP.

Edited by General Spoon

Yes, he does hit quite hard. However, he has to hit first. 8x hit before enemy avoid with his most accurate weapon is not good. It stays that low until he promotes, about 8 and a half chapters later. After he promotes, he finally starts to reach 100 hit. But it doesn't really go up much after that. 15% skl growth. He might have 105 hit by endgame.

His affinity doesn't give hit, so supports don't help him a whole lot. And most of them are slow. Most of his supporters suck anyway, except Echidna. And Treck... is kinda decent.