Adding chapters

bunny: spider bitten

Not an easy feat, I'm sure, but any specifics on the how to?

Also, to get actual posts in the topic, I hear there are FE4 editors on FESS. Yet, for reasons I can't disclose, I can't go on FESS. It tells me I'm banned. Can someone help me out there?

Edited by bunny

Here are some FE4 modules.

Adding chapters means you have to make a map in Mappy or use existing map, then make custom events, then make some tile changes if needed and then expand the pointer table that contains maps, events, amp changes etc so that all fits. Then you expand Chapter data table to fit chapters that use the events, maps, tile changes etc and edit one of the existing chapters to direct into the new chapter when cleared.

Well, when I thought it over, the map adding thing seemed a bit easier than I mentally made it out to be at first. If I knew where the map data was(and I'll find it later), I could just copy the data for the chapter, make space in the ROM, copy in the chapter as a place saver of sorts.

How do I mess with the pointers that decide what chapter to go to next, and if so, would it be easier to just automatically set off the flags for extra chapters in FE7(since it's the title I'm using) to access those chapters and then adjust those to my needs?

Well, when I thought it over, the map adding thing seemed a bit easier than I mentally made it out to be at first. If I knew where the map data was(and I'll find it later), I could just copy the data for the chapter, make space in the ROM, copy in the chapter as a place saver of sorts.

How do I mess with the pointers that decide what chapter to go to next, and if so, would it be easier to just automatically set off the flags for extra chapters in FE7(since it's the title I'm using) to access those chapters and then adjust those to my needs?

It's in the event data. Read this to get some basic knowledge on events.

Making Gaidens requires you to mess with conditional events, which are quite complicated. Other than that, gaidens are the exact same as normal chapters, so you can make the chapter and decide weather you want it to be gaiden or a real chapter when you insert it.