Just beat FE4! Here Are My Thoughts

Pizza Johns

After many corrupted saves, I was able to return peace to Judgral. This game made many changes, like Gaiden. Larger maps, organized formations, weapon triangle, a two generation split, etc. I used to not really like this game when I played it awhile back, and was alarmed by how large the maps were. This game has aged quite well and sure, it can be a bit of a snore, but the battles felt more realistic and interesting. This game has my favorite FE story. While FE3 made things more interesting and had way better world building than FE1 and Gaiden, FE4 blows it out of the ballpark. Characters get more development, it spans two generations, mature themes, shocking plot twists, etc. This game handles arenas, promotions, and item management very well. One of the more interesting factors of this game is the love system, which can affect the kids in the second generation, giving great replay value. It's so satisfying to train and promote your units, and just looking at their awesome sprites *cough* Paladin *cough* (I trained Alec just for that sprite. Good thing, since his strength got to 22) I understand why this game is praised so much. I've had a lot of enjoyment playing this game. I might consider replaying FE3 again, since it is still my favorite in the series. 

Project Naga FE4 Patch068.png

Project Naga FE4 Patch186.png

Project Naga FE4 Patch208.png

Project Naga FE4 Patch209.png

• 2 weeks later...

While FE4 does have its problems, I do agree with it being a highly enjoyable and frustrating saga. Literally the whole continent becomes a battlefield at one point. The cast is interesting, and it's a nice touch to see how the second generation is affected by the events in the first generation and who their parents are.

I'm glad you enjoyed FE4. It's tedious, but also enduring. I'm currently playing through it right now, avoiding canon couples too much.