Limit Break in Arena

SatsumaFSoysoy

Broken.

I thought that once I got my full 5* team to Level 40, the playing field would finally be even... I thought wrong. Level 40+ Takumis. Level 40+ Lucinas. This just throws usual counters out of the window, all because the sucker pulled the same 5* twice. That's just lame.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Broken.

I thought that once I got my full 5* team to Level 40, the playing field would finally be even... I thought wrong. Level 40+ Takumis. Level 40+ Lucinas. This just throws usual counters out of the window, all because the sucker pulled the same 5* twice. That's just lame.

It should become better once the different tiers widen. Last week everyone was in Tier 1. Now it's Tier 1 and 2. Next week will hopefully introduce Rank 3 and so on, to make it more even... hopefully.

I would hate to go against the guy that that spend $4K and got his five star team with all lvl.40+10 :c 

Edited by Birdy

Hmm, haven't found it to matter until ~3+ merges yet, and I can't imagine it significantly affecting counters unless it's a +speed stat merge =O

Or maybe I just haven't had the pleasure of trying to fight +10 Takumis w/ my Hector yet lol.

1 hour ago, ZXApocrypha said:

Hmm, haven't found it to matter until ~3+ merges yet, and I can't imagine it significantly affecting counters unless it's a +speed stat merge =O

Or maybe I just haven't had the pleasure of trying to fight +10 Takumis w/ my Hector yet lol.

Are the stats that Limit Break gives random? A Takumi just needs to reach 50 Str (the highest that +Str regular Takumis can reach is 49) to throw a wrench in my anti-Takumi strategy (Kagerou tanking that one arrow). Diving in to kill him becomes a necessity, which means I'm guaranteed to lose Kagerou or another unit, unless I've already narrowed it down to at least a 4v3. Hector doesn't really care either way, I suppose. Wish I had that.

Also, I've met a Limit Break Lucina who can double mine, even though mine is not -Spd.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

25 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Are the stats that Limit Break gives random? A Takumi just needs to reach 50 Str (the highest that +Str regular Takumis can reach is 49) to throw a wrench in my anti-Takumi strategy (Kagerou tanking that one arrow). Diving in to kill him becomes a necessity, which means I'm guaranteed to lose Kagerou or another unit, unless I've already narrowed it down to at least a 4v3. Hector doesn't really care either way, I suppose. Wish I had that.

Also, I've met a Limit Break Lucina who can double mine, even though mine is not -Spd.

Nope, not random. They're predetermined aswell (and give +4 to all stats at 10 merges). 

40 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmm not sure if LB is random - I thought that it's a set stat that gets limit-broken per character, e.g. speed for Lyn, atk for Robin. But yeah, the main issue w/ limit break is same-char matchups, but hopefully you don't have to resort to those in your arena matches.

23 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Broken.

All the sucker. More like all the WHALE.

How much stronger is 40+ Takumi.. Is it just level 41 (using the merge formula of 3* ?)

1 hour ago, Ryuke said:

All the sucker. More like all the WHALE.

How much stronger is 40+ Takumi.. Is it just level 41 (using the merge formula of 3* ?)

Each duplicate fed to the source Takumi will give him a level, gaining +1 to two stats and will make him lvl 40+1. You can duplicate 10 times till the unit becomes lvl 40+10 and gives a total of +4 to all stats. 

I suppose IS could theoretically remove the merged stat bonus for the purposes of the arena, but I don't know if merged bonuses are really any different than people who just got super lucky with pulls. Besides, I would rather see a "no duplicates in arena" clause implemented, and killing merge bonuses would just make dupes completely useless.

21 hours ago, Birdy said:

Each duplicate fed to the source Takumi will give him a level, gaining +1 to two stats and will make him lvl 40+1. You can duplicate 10 times till the unit becomes lvl 40+10 and gives a total of +4 to all stats. 

Telling me ... someone whaled enough to get 10x Takumi...

Aiyah.... I would do something else with that money.

13 minutes ago, Birdy said:

This person appearantly spend $4K and got 5 lvl40+10 characters.

Lol that is disgusting. She can double and oneshot my Camilla for free, even if I attack first.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy