Figuring out + / - attributes for Merged and non-lv 1 Heroes

crazy_man

Recently found out about the whole + / - stats of Heroes and just summoned a second 5* Camllia (she's -Atk / +Spd, is this good?).

Never calculated my other heroes when they were lv. 1 and would rather not wait till I get them to 40 to find out they are bad.

Any calculators out there that can figure out thier + / - stats without being 1 or 40?

Also, my Lucina is currently 31+2 (rolled her 3 times so I just merged not knowing they are could have different stats).

Have yet to see a calculator that factors in merged characters.

Growth rates are extremely erratic from level 2 to level 39, so it's entirely possible for a positive stat to have the same value as the same neutral stat at certain levels (similar with neutral and negative). This makes it rather hard to determine a character's nature outside of level 1 or level 40.

The calculator Birdy posted above is not 100% accurate, even at level 1 or level 40. Some of their stats data seems to be incorrect.

Edited by Ice Dragon

The only thing I can think of is for you to go to the Ice Dragon stats research page and look at his Google Doc, which has a handful of level up patterns recorded. If he happens to have your character, it should be easy to figure out what is the bane/boon.

Alternatively, you may be able to figure it out by comparing a different version of the same character with the same level but known boon/bane.

My suggestion? Just level her to 40 and it should be easy to see from there, assuming you don't do another merge.

1 minute ago, crazy_man said:

Yeah I guess I'll just wait and level her to 40.

If she turns out to have a something better than -Atk / +Spd then I'll just merge her for the +1.

What would be best tho for Camilla?

I'd say +ATK -RES, personally.

Also, as IceDragon said, the calculator is not 100% accurate. They're still gathering data I believe, but from what I've seen, the statistics for most units seem to be right.

53 minutes ago, crazy_man said:

If she turns out to have a something better than -Atk / +Spd then I'll just merge her for the +1.

-ATK Camilla is incredibly bad, since you cannot kill anything outside of blue units, believe I have one in my main account and it sucks, definitely go for a +ATK for Brave Users

1 hour ago, crazy_man said:

Brave weapon users cannot afford to take negative Attack or Speed due to the low Might and Speed penalty from their weapon.

My personal preference for offensive characters is +Attack or +Speed with -HP. At level 40, a positive or negative stat will usually result in a 3- or 4-point difference compared to neutral. Negative Defense or Resistance are the same as negative HP when enemies are dealing close to your maximum HP in a single hit, but for enemies that don't hit that hard, neutral Defense and Resistance result in 3 or 4 less damage per hit, whereas neutral HP results in 3 or 4 less damage total before you die. Choosing to keep your Defense and Resistance neutral also helps if you use a healer, allowing your healer to more easily keep up with damage you take.

On the other hand, if the character already has a monstrous value in that stat or you never intend to use the unit against that enemy type, feel free to use negative Defense or Resistance instead. It'll make you tank just a tad bit better against the damage type that you chose not to be lower.