Which Lucina should I keep!?

ReaperXW

Lucina's res isn't great as it is. I don;t know the calc, but as long as -Res doesn't allow Linde to OHKO her, the latter is likely better.

EDIT: Looking at the calc, with weapon advantage +Atk Linde hits 62.4 Mt(I'm gonna assume it rounds up for worst case scenario, so 63)

-Res Lucina has 43 HP and 16 res, which is cleanly OHKO'd. But even at average Res, she still dies even if it rounds down to 62(43 + 19). Nothing else is gonna have the hitting power of an advantaged Linde, and the change in res is irrelevant against her. Go with the +Def/-Res Lucina

Edited by Ether

Actually looking at it again(I editted above) average res Lucina can survive non +Atk variants of Linde, which is worth considering, since -Res will still die to them. It depends on whether you care more about that single interaction, or making Lucina slightly more durable against most of the meta.

Doesn't really matter much in the end, does it? Entirely circumstantial. If you picked the -3 res one and suddenly go up against 20 exclusively mage teams in arena in a row, then I'd say it matters, but it won't. Or will it?

What are the most preferred stat rolls for Lucina out of all of the possible natures (and are they different for an offense and defense team)?

I have a lot of Lucinas (severe understatement) from trying to pull a good Tiki, and it'd be nice to know what to look for in terms of a Lucina to keep as the base for merging. I'm not terribly familiar with the arena meta (too busy getting pull data to actually play the game until earlier this week) so I don't know what the relevant match-ups would be.

/shamelesshijack

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What are the most preferred stat rolls for Lucina out of all of the possible natures (and are they different for an offense and defense team)?

I have a lot of Lucinas (severe understatement) from trying to pull a good Tiki, and it'd be nice to know what to look for in terms of a Lucina to keep as the base for merging. I'm not terribly familiar with the arena meta (too busy getting pull data to actually play the game until earlier this week) so I don't know what the relevant match-ups would be.

/shamelesshijack

+ATK will one-hit kill most manaketes (Nowi depending on her boon/banes) without getting counterattacked. +SPD will let her double A LOT more people though, with 39 SPD. Both are good, it depends on what her generall role in your party is (I'm guessing to fuck shit up?).

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

it depends on what her generall role in your party is (I'm guessing to fuck shit up?).

A level 40+9 or level 40+10 middle finger standing between other people and their dreams and aspirations.

In terms of the negative stat, which of the three defensive stats matters the least to be the negative (both for unmerged and +10 merged)?

Negative HP is functionally equivalent to taking 3 additional damage from the first attack you receive. It also makes it easier for you to activate Lucina's under 50% HP skill, though that's probably rare considering you rarely want to leave two half-dead enemies instead of one alive and one dead enemy in the arena.

Negative Resistance is functionally equivalent to taking 3 additional damage from every magic attack you receive. If I did my math right, Robin will always kill neutral Resistance Lucina in two hits regardless of nature. If it's unlikely that you'll face any mages other than Linde or Robin, negative Resistance might be better than negative HP.

For a merged +10 Lucina, I really want to say that negative HP might be the way to go, but again I don't have a lot of experience with the arena meta to know if there's a real noticeable difference.