Setsuna

Lushen

I just pulled setsuna on my 2nd account.  Just starting out so I was looking at her even though she's only a 3*.  I've never seen her used before.  Despite that, I think she has the potential to be very good in arena.  If you look at her skills:

Assassin Bow+ - Effective against fliers.  If target has a dagger, it can't make a follow-up attack and this unit will.
Ok, so not only does this make her a camilla killer, but this also gives her a huge advantage over Kagero, despite her being an infantry unit.

Reciprocal Aid  - Swap HP with adjacent ally
Healers aren't the best in arena offense because it limits you (unless you have one of the good ones).  Units that have sacrifice/reciprocal aid can often be good because they can heal without being a healer.  Very useful after your archer has done its duty and you need to heal up one of your tanks.

HP +5
Not the best - but not the worst either.  Her extra HP should allow her to survive to use Assassin Bow+ and Bowbreaker more effectively.

Bowbreaker 4
If unit's HP >= 50% in combat against a bow user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.
Ok, so again she can kill more metas - takumi and Jeorge.  I'm assuming this works as follows: you let takumi attack first to get you down to 50% hp, trigger this effect so you get to attack twice and takumi loses his abillity to attack twice.  If he's not dead you get to attack again on his next turn.  I'm not sure if the abillity can activate if she reachers <= 50% during a fight or not though.

Can't talk about her stats because no ones reported her 5* lvl 40 anywhere yet.

Overall this unit seems to be a Robin that can kill Camilla, mages (Robin is horrible against other mages), and afterwards heal up some of the other units you can use to kill anything else.

Should this unit not be more used?  Anyone try to use her or have thoughts?

Edited by Lushen

Setsuna's skills set her up to be a Colorless killer, but unfortunately, she lacks the stats to back her up, which severely hampers her effectiveness.

Bane/Boons not discussed

Setsuna's Attack at 5* Level 40 is only 39, which is pretty much bottom class amongst all units. This means that despite having two Breakers, she cannot actually secure ORKOs against most common Colorless picks: Takumi, Saizou, Jakob, Jeorge etc. The only two she can actually ORKO are Felicia and Kagerou; however, Kagerou can actually one shot Setsuna without fail. This also means she will not do meaningful damage to most 1-range units.

Now you might think, "oh that's fine, I'll just bait the enemy with her and damage them, then kill them on my turn"... But unfortunately, that does not work. Even after one round of combat, NONE of the common picks will be within one hit kill range. This is a problem, because...

Setsuna, despite having high HP, has very poor Defense at 19. Any one of the surviving Colorless listed above can threaten to kill her in the next hit, and since she cannot kill them in the second round without doubling (and in the case of Saizou and Jakob, still fail to kill in round 2), she will lose the engagement unless she has healer support, or someone else picks up the slack. And it's not like the enemies will be left at red health either, so you can't have a random healer or dancer just chip them out; you'll have to devote one of your actual offensive party members to finishing the job.

Setsuna's best stat is definitely Speed, sitting pretty at 37. This allows her to double most things even without her Breaker skills. This definitely helps her damage output, especially with killing fliers such as Camilla and Cordelia, and believe it or not, she needs it; she cannot kill Camilla with one arrow. However, Setsuna is iffy as a mage killer, with only 23 Res; she is likely to be heavily damaged in return. She also loses to M!Robin and Henry, who hold advantage over Colorless units, cannot double common picks like Linde and Tharja, and gets doubled back by Leo because of his skill. If you shoot any of these people first, you will die next round, or immediately to Leo. She can reliably kill Lilina and Julia, and that's about it.

Reciprocal Aid can be useful for passing low health to allies who gain advantages at low health such as Anna, and especially Lucina, who Awakens Speed +7 and also self-heals. You can also become a pseudo-healer if you have a Falchion user, passing the Falchion user's self-healed HP to others, and letting the Falchion user heal back up naturally.

Overall, Setsuna is definitely not a formidable fighting force in the Arena; there are much better picks for a Colorless 2-range attacker out there, and she is strictly outclassed by Kagerou. However, she can see some use in Beginner and Intermediate fights, where the playing field isn't 5* Level 40. Also, Setsuna is actually quite useful in story maps, since she can ORKO many Shuriken and Bow users in those missions, at least on Normal and most of Hard.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Ah, that was my biggest fear.  I couldn't find any info on her stats but as I leveled her it seemed like her speed was increasing like crazy.  This is actually very bad with her skillset.  Her abillities give her so many opportunities to hit twice and prevent the enemy from hitting again, why they give her speed I'll never know...All those stats going into speed could have gone into other stats which would make her OP.

The only real use for her then is if you had a really good support unit to buff her stats up to a workable level.

Edited by Lushen