Idea for 2 part game

I know a lot of people hate the child system in the 3DS fire emblem games.  I think I found an alright way to combat this, although I 100% doubt that it will happen.  I think to keep newer fans entertained and older fans who have hated how shoehorned the children have been(I find it fun in some ways but did not like how it was done in fates).  But what if they had the original Gaiden game as just the first half of SoV, and had a second half where the children of your units were playable characters like how Genealogy of the Holy War did.  I doubt they would ever do that but I think it'd be the only way for intelligence system to keep their precious child mechanic.  So I know it will never happened I think it'd be the only way for them to do it.  What are your thoughts? 

I don't think people hate the child system as a mechanic as much as a lot of people really weren't fans of how shoehorned in it was in Fates, plot-wise. Unfortunately, there's really no way to put it in Gaiden without it being at least as forced and awkward as it was in Fates, and Gaiden by itself is already a full-length game. Now, I wouldn't necessarily be against them making another FE3 and having it be a remake of Gaiden packaged in with a newly-made sequel to the game, but I think that's highly unlikely to actually happen.

It wouldn't really make sense plot-wise, and it would retcon all of the characters' epilogues. Plus the original Gaiden itself wasn't a long enough game to warrant a second generation. I know they probably added a little bit to this game so it's not as short, but I still don't think it would be long enough to warrant a second generation. 

If IS wants to make a game with the Second Generation as a mechanic, like how FE4 did it, I would rather it be on the new Switch game they're developing rather than forced into a remake that doesn't need this feature and could potentially, hurt the title. I do agree that a pairing mechanic similar to FE4 would be a middleground that veteran fans and newer fans could enjoy, since the general consensus here on this site was that FE4 was great.