Arena Character Point Total Rant

Katrisa

I was doing some analysis of my Arena team now that I'm hitting 7 wins with no deaths.  And I've gotten a bit peeved at my analysis.  I'm not spending money on the game yet so to progress past 4500+ points I have to start looking at the stats on my direct team.  I currently have Eirka, Lyn, Cordelia and Hector all 5 star.  And I have Corrin and Olivia 4 star (and can 5 star one of them next week) Looking at their 5 star max stat totals (assuming middle for each stat) I get the following totals.

Hero HP Attack Speed Defense Resist Total
Corrin 41 40 34 34 21 170
Olivia 36 43 33 27 26 165
Eirika 42 42 35 26 28 173
Lyn 37 44 37 26 29 173
Cordelia 40 43 30 22 25 160
Hector 52 52 24 37 19 184

Glancing this over I'm realizing something very bitter... Cordelia is holding my score back a bit... but there is no way I can replace her right now as she is my HARD counter for so many things.  She goes on mad one shotting sprees without getting hurt all the time (facechecking anything red is fun).  And I bump her with Eirika to let her clobber some things Cordelia has not business poking at (quad hits are fun).

Anyway.  My point ultimately is the ranking via your score really crushes some characters for arena "progression".  There's no reason a top notch flyer should carry a whopping 24 less points than a tank especially in your final score.  Likewise I was a bit surprised to find out Erika carried a fairly hefty score matching Lyn.  

Has anyone else started looking into their team composition points and trying to figure out how to improve them without wrecking your clearing capacity (or just not having fun)?

Edited by Katrisa

Meh I understand the lack of stat totals in general to compensate for movement points similar to how Effie has a ridiculous stat total. I just believe that for the arena the should give flyers something like 10-20 extra points to compensate for it as there are few arena maps when the flight status truly helps. 

Being another F2P player I don't have the a full 5 star team but my current core is 5* Takumi and 5* Linde as well as Olivia 4* to compensate for my lack of 5*. The last spot is just to make sure I get a high score, used to be Effie but not it'll be Narcian as I don't have any of the other feature heroes. I may have gotten lucky with my pulls for arena but it still annoys me a bit. Got a score of around 4,300 last season so I'm just thankful that I may get a higher rank due to the new feature heroes. Let's just see. In the long run this system is fair if they remove the Limit Break feature. Right now it's a struggle to get the right heroes somehow q.q

7 minutes ago, Galactaray said:

Meh I understand the lack of stat totals in general to compensate for movement points similar to how Effie has a ridiculous stat total. I just believe that for the arena the should give flyers something like 10-20 extra points to compensate for it as there are few arena maps when the flight status truly helps. 

Right I can understand stat totals being different but as you mentioned it makes little sense the stat total should benefit the arena score when using a tank vs a flyer.  I do understand the financial advantage of giving some bonus to merged heroes.  I think the rank system in general is going to just annoy the crap out of me pretty quick though. The system of 7 matches and counting deaths against a player is a great start... but their systems following this for points its horrible.

For my team i use:

Julia: 168 rating 39/47/30/17/17/35

Effie: 185 rating 51/52/22/37/23

Anna: 174 rating 41/45/38/22/28

Tiki young: 182 rating 42/47/27/36/30

This team gets me an average of 660 points per game. Sadly i only have 4426 points with a 7 win streak due to the fact that i lost 3 heroes in one of my battles losing me around 200 points. the competition is getting much tougher as I am consistantly fighting +5 and +10. also azura def comps stump me a lot.