Effie in Arena

XhenD

Hey guys, I'm trying to determine if I should put Effie (5 Stars) in my Arena attack team, but since her mobility is a big issue, I'm not sure how it will work out. Have any of you used her in Arena and can you share the experience? Thanks in advance.

I mean she hits like a truck and has some pretty good abilties. If you need someone to deal with pretty much every one of the ubiquitous red sword users running around then shes your girl. Although, her biggest asset probably is that she can survive almost anything while she has full HP thanks wary fighter.

If you got people with shove or smite it can help, and she also is one of the few characters who can really take advantage of a healer... again with her wary fighter ability. Personally I think shes slightly outclassed by a couple other blue options but still does a fine job.

Effie is quite strong. Death Blow makes her hits insanely strong, enough to one shot plenty of people, while Wary Fighter allows her to survive a round against opponents that she really shouldn't be able to (Armor-slaying enemies, magical enemies), then either kill them back or do so next turn. Smite is also quite useful for positioning, as it ignores terrain restrictions; a horseman can be pushed through or onto forests and mountains no problem. Overall, very solid.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Smite is also quite useful for positioning, as it ignores terrain restrictions; a horseman can be pushed through or onto forests and mountains no problem.

You can even push across obstacles like water and lava streams. It's wonderful.

Definitely. Slightly depends on your team, but she's very helpful anyway, especially if you combine her with a green tome user with high damage, like Nino, Julia, or Cecilia. She's wonderful, especially since there are a lot of red units in the arena teams currently that she can OHKO with Death Blow (Lyn, Lucina, Lilina, Eirika, sometimes even Marth).

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

thanks for all of your responses guys. Yes Effie is strong, und her skill "Smite" is very useful, and funny at the same time. But I think I didn't express my concern clear in my original post. Arena is flooded with Takumis and Hectors....and I'm not sure if Effie can withstood them. My main team used to be Camilla, Marth, Robin and Jeorge, but since the new arena bonus I have to put Julia in the team (in place of Camilla). I'm not sure if pairing Robin and Julia is a good idea (2 spellcasters in one team....not sure about that), and Effie would be my replacement for Robin.

I often play with a team of Marth, Effie, Julia, and Camilla, and it works perfectly. Takumis are a bit hard to kill (Effie bait him, then attack him, and Julia finishes the job), but you're ready against pretty much everything with that. Effie slaughters Red units, Julia and Camilla blue units (Julia is wonderful against Linde and Robin) and Marth has no problem against Greens, even Hector, Camilla, etc and gives a Spd bonus and is very mobile. Maybe you can change Camilla for Jeorge. 

7 hours ago, XhenD said:

thanks for all of your responses guys. Yes Effie is strong, und her skill "Smite" is very useful, and funny at the same time. But I think I didn't express my concern clear in my original post. Arena is flooded with Takumis and Hectors....and I'm not sure if Effie can withstood them. My main team used to be Camilla, Marth, Robin and Jeorge, but since the new arena bonus I have to put Julia in the team (in place of Camilla). I'm not sure if pairing Robin and Julia is a good idea (2 spellcasters in one team....not sure about that), and Effie would be my replacement for Robin.

You have Jeorge to deal with Takumi, and Marth to deal with Hector, so I think you're good there. I think Effie is actually better than Robin for your team in this case, since without her, Marth would be the only one who could directly stand in front of an enemy Red, which is a heavy load when he has to deal with both Reds and Hector. Robin helps, but can't one-shot any of the common Reds, so Marth would have to finish the job anyway. Effie solves this problem pretty well, and gives you a fairly well-balanced team.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Effie is quite strong. Death Blow makes her hits insanely strong, enough to one shot plenty of people, while Wary Fighter allows her to survive a round against opponents that she really shouldn't be able to (Armor-slaying enemies, magical enemies), then either kill them back or do so next turn. Smite is also quite useful for positioning, as it ignores terrain restrictions; a horseman can be pushed through or onto forests and mountains no problem. Overall, very solid.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You can even push across obstacles like water and lava streams. It's wonderful.

Who all can learn Smite?  It would be useful for moving Hector's fat butt around.

I had along for a while, and while she was okay with a lot of mobility help (Olivia and Barst) and awesome in combo with Julia's healing, she was surprisingly fragile at times (I did draw a Def - one, although Res +) and the 1-move could still be a real hassle. Smite is awesome in theory but in practice I never had the occasion to use to effect, but that might be more of a team composition question. Kind of depends of what other alternatives you have, and or you play style.

Edited by salinea

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Bartre is the only other one, but Bartre is.... Not that good.

Maybe that's why I keep drawing him.  He wants to be on my team.

On 25.2.2017 at 2:03 PM, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

I often play with a team of Marth, Effie, Julia, and Camilla, and it works perfectly. Takumis are a bit hard to kill (Effie bait him, then attack him, and Julia finishes the job), but you're ready against pretty much everything with that. Effie slaughters Red units, Julia and Camilla blue units (Julia is wonderful against Linde and Robin) and Marth has no problem against Greens, even Hector, Camilla, etc and gives a Spd bonus and is very mobile. Maybe you can change Camilla for Jeorge. 

The last couple of days I've been pairing off different heroes, and in the end, Marth, Effie, Julia and Jeorge works wonders as a team, just like you have predicted. Effie against Red units is just ridiculous, I think once Lyn did only 4 damage to her, while receiving 46 from Effie. And Jeorge is a very good addition towards the team, who knew....he can finish off Takumi 1 on 1. My standard tactic against Hector is to use Marth as bait and use Julia to finish him off, it works like a charm. My last arena run was 4469, I've only lost one hero during the 7 battles.

Thanks again man, your suggestion was gold.

Edited by XhenD