The Weapons of Fire Emblem - Folkvangr, Fensalir, and Nóatún

Erren

Three weapons to represent the weapon triangle, like the three rings given to the Elves from Tolkien's novel, the three Triforce pieces, and so on and so forth.

Folkvangr is the sword that Alfonse uses when you get him to a 5 Star rarity. It grants him +5 attack at the start of your turn if he is below 50% health, which makes good use for a weapon. But you know, Alfonse isn't the most useful hero. Onto the next.

Fensalir is Sharena's lance. You can obtain it when she gets to a 5 star rarity. It is the polar opposite to Folkvangr, as it inflicts -4 attack to foes within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of a turn. Sharena is useful once you get Rally Attack for her.

Nóatún is Anna's axe. This is the first Fire Emblem game for Anna to have a signature weapon. It enables her to move to adjacent to any ally when her health is above 40%. This makes her useful for saving allies. She's useful once you get Astra on her.

That's it for the first installment of this series. Thanks for reading.

23 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Uh... Yeah...?

Does anyone happen to know the mythological origins of these names?

https://rustycol.tumblr.com/post/157240283352

For completeness’ sake: 

Anna’s special ax is Nóatún (ship enclosure) - dwelling of the Norse god of seafaring, fishing, and wealth Njörð. Alternatively, name of an Icelandic supermarket chain (this was literally the first result of my search).

Alfonse’s special sword is Fólkvangr (field of the host) - dwelling of the Norse goddess of war and beauty Freyja. Noteworthy: Freyja claims half of the warriors slain in battles and take them to her home where she makes them fight everyday. Not unlike what we do in FE Heroes, I guess, though our heroes are presumably alive.

Sharena’s special lance is Fensalir (fen halls) - dwelling of the Norse queen goddess of foreknowledge and wisdom Frigg. Wikipedia says scholars speculate it’s a watery place - springs, bogs, swamps and the likes.

37 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Does anyone happen to know the mythological origins of these names?

I do :)

As one might expect from other terms in the game like Askr and Emblia*, the weapon names are of Norse origins. 
Also, there's actually six weapons in total since the summoner's weapon + Veronica and Mysterious Man's tomes also follow the same pattern.

Specifically, the names are locations in Norse mythology:

Summoner Breiðablik - Baldr's Dwelling
Alphonse   Fólkvangr  - Freyja's Dwelling
Anna          Nóatun     - Njörðr's Dwelling
Sharena    Fensalir   - Frigg's Dwelling
Bruno        Valaskjálf - Odin's Dwelling (From the throne Hliðskjálf within Valaskjálf, he could see all realms)
Veronica   Élivágar   - Poisnous Rivers in Ginunngagap. The primordial frost giant Ymir, was born from the venom in those rivers.

*/ Askr & Emblia = Ask & Embla - The first humans created from trees (Askr = ash tree/Embla = possibly elm tree) by Odin, Hœnir, and Lóðurr in Norse mytholoy.

I'd go more indepth, but my insomnia wracked brain is dragging me to sleep. The above are the basics though.

Edit: Partially ninja'd by salinea

Edited by Tactician_Iris

50 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

As one might expect from other terms in the game like Askr and Emblia*, the weapon names are of Norse origins. 
Also, there's actually six weapons in total since the summoner's weapon + Veronica and Mysterious Man's tomes also follow the same pattern.

Bruno        Valaskjálf - Odin's Dwelling (From the throne Hliðskjálf within Valaskjálf, he could see all realms)
Veronica   Élivágar   - Poisnous Rivers in Ginunngagap. The primordial frost giant Ymir, was born from the venom in those rivers.

*/ Askr & Emblia = Ask & Embla - The first humans created from trees (Askr = ash tree/Embla = possibly elm tree) by Odin, Hœnir, and Lóðurr in Norse mytholoy.

I'd go more indepth, but my insomnia wracked brain is dragging me to sleep. The above are the basics though.

NOICE. 

I did some research because, much like the FE series, I too have a boner for Norse myth, and the allusions of this game are pretty fun as well. Thanks for educating us!

20 hours ago, salinea said:

20 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Thanks. I do plan to have more research on the other weapons, staves, etc. when I find the time to make them. I'm thinking of doing the 3 Holy Weapons next.

1 hour ago, Erren said:

Thanks. I do plan to have more research on the other weapons, staves, etc. when I find the time to make them. I'm thinking of doing the 3 Holy Weapons next.

Did you mean the three regalia? Last I checked, Jugdral has 12 holy weapons.