Tellius Heroes-like idea

Luchi

Hi guys

While some of us are waiting agonisingly for more Tellius characters to come out in Heroes, I came up with this little idea. A personal fan project of sorts but because it isn't quite set in stone, I'd thought I'd put it under General FE for a bit of discussion before I go ahead with it.

It's primarily inspired by Heroes as well. The basic premise is this: The game is structured a lot like Heroes Training Tower, only this time the Training Tower is the Tower of Guidance and Ashera is right on top. The only flaw? All of your units are level 1. So it is up to you to train them to Lvl 40 and defeat the Goddess of Order ( and anyone can take her down ). You pick a team of four and off you go training them!

The tower is also divided into various 'stratums' and units will learn skills in the same way as Heroes SP system. You gain SP from defeating foes obviously. However, there are several differences. You can buy weapons and armour and upgrade your heroes stats through Passive Abilities ( stuff like +HP, +SPD, +Crit etc ). The affinity system from Tellius has been reworked to give certain stat bonuses as well.

No-one will be blatantly overpowered either. Like Ike. He'll be very strong and tanky, but will have terrible SPD/RES ( so he'll be heavily reliant on Soren to buff his RES. Likewise, Soren will need Ike's DEF buff to help him survive longer ). Shinon could end up like Takumi if I'm not careful ( because of the DoubleBro ).

c8fuFxG.jpg

Miccy and her primary skill-set. I could add more skills over time, of course.

Predicted Lvl 40 stats for Elincia and Micaiah.

GVxuLfO.jpg

dzmWHct.jpg

Ignore Miccy's age. >< That was an epic fail. She's probably only in her late 20s.

So, should I go ahead with it? Ideas for personal weapons/skills sans the for the Lords? I kind of want to get the community involved in this and make it a community project if possible. =)

I'm at a loss for suggestions at the moment, but I definitely like the idea. What are your thoughts regarding the possible inclusion of laguz?

Your Elincia has the same birthday as my dead brother. May he keep resting in peace...

But this sounds interesting. I don't like the idea of Ike having terrible speed since he never really did have terrible speed, but so long as no one outright sucks or anything, I'm okay with not making people real powerful.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But this sounds interesting. I don't like the idea of Ike having terrible speed since he never really did have terrible speed, but so long as no one outright sucks or anything, I'm okay with not making people real powerful.

He's always been relatively slow, when compared with people like Edward or Mia. His speed's still good enough to double most enemies in the games, though. And he's much faster in POR than he is in RD, at any rate.

But yeah, this is a cool idea.

29 minutes ago, tailfin said:

Hi guys

While some of us are waiting agonisingly for more Tellius characters to come out in Heroes, I came up with this little idea. A personal fan project of sorts but because it isn't quite set in stone, I'd thought I'd put it under General FE for a bit of discussion before I go ahead with it.

It's primarily inspired by Heroes as well. The basic premise is this: The game is structured a lot like Heroes Training Tower, only this time the Training Tower is the Tower of Guidance and Ashera is right on top. The only flaw? All of your units are level 1. So it is up to you to train them to Lvl 40 and defeat the Goddess of Order ( and anyone can take her down ). You pick a team of four and off you go training them!

The tower is also divided into various 'stratums' and units will learn skills in the same way as Heroes SP system. You gain SP from defeating foes obviously. However, there are several differences. You can buy weapons and armour and upgrade your heroes stats through Passive Abilities ( stuff like +HP, +SPD, +Crit etc ). The affinity system from Tellius has been reworked to give certain stat bonuses as well.

No-one will be blatantly overpowered either. Like Ike. He'll be very strong and tanky, but will have terrible SPD/RES ( so he'll be heavily reliant on Soren to buff his RES. Likewise, Soren will need Ike's DEF buff to help him survive longer ). Shinon could end up like Takumi if I'm not careful ( because of the DoubleBro ).

c8fuFxG.jpg

Miccy and her primary skill-set. I could add more skills over time, of course.

Predicted Lvl 40 stats for Elincia and Micaiah.

GVxuLfO.jpg

dzmWHct.jpg

Ignore Miccy's age. >< That was an epic fail. She's probably only in her late 20s.

So, should I go ahead with it? Ideas for personal weapons/skills sans the for the Lords? I kind of want to get the community involved in this and make it a community project if possible. =)

Shinon is already the Heroes!Takumi of Radiant Dawn (but even better than that), so it would at least fit, if not be balanced. I'm joking, lol.

Micaiah's a Branded, meaning that for all we know, she could very well be in her 60s, but looking 20. RD itself never gives us a strict number, but her being decades old isn't out of the question. Slow aging is a part of it.

But for Micaiah, I definitely think you should work in her trademark Sacrifice ability as one of her personal skills.

Edited by Extrasolar

11 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

He's always been relatively slow, when compared with people like Edward or Mia. His speed's still good enough to double most enemies in the games, though. And he's much faster in POR than he is in RD, at any rate.

But yeah, this is a cool idea.

Yeah, it seems like Ike traded in some speed for muscle in RD. XD

Btw, if you're looking for more ideas on birthdays. I always pegged Ike's b-day as April 18th because that's when PoR first came out in 2005.

Edited by Anacybele

If you're going to include laguz (which I hope you will, because they're cool), are you going to be playing with the transformation meter or ignoring it like Heroes does for the Dragonstone uses on the Manaketes? Not to mention, if the royals are in the game, is Tibarn still going to have Pavise? Because that would definitely lead to some balance problems.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it seems like Ike traded in some speed for muscle in RD. XD

Definitely, lol. I remember being surprised by that my raised Edward could double Ike and kill him (while narrowly avoiding being two-shot to death) with enough setup in RD.

36 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

But for Micaiah, I definitely think you should work in her trademark Sacrifice ability as one of her personal skills.

It's worth noting that Ardent Sacrifice is already an ability in the game and it seems pretty much tailor-made for Micaiah. Just throwin' that out there.

10 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

If you're going to include laguz (which I hope you will, because they're cool), are you going to be playing with the transformation meter or ignoring it like Heroes does for the Dragonstone uses on the Manaketes? Not to mention, if the royals are in the game, is Tibarn still going to have Pavise? Because that would definitely lead to some balance problems.

^ I think auto-transformation like the manaketes is fine, and I don't necessarily agree about Tibarn being broken if he has Pavise-- I'd argue that if he's treated as a Flier unit, having Pavise on him would be totally fine and give him a good niche as a melee tank/wall while still making him vulnerable to magic and bows. He can have Pavise and not inherently be broken as a result if he's balanced accordingly. 

Edited by BANRYU

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Btw, if you're looking for more ideas on birthdays. I always pegged Ike's b-day as April 18th because that's when PoR first came out in 2005.

With an earth affinity and my affinity system being like the zodiacs/horoscopes, his birthday would be *looks* somewhere in the range of June 30 to August 13. Oh man, we can't use the number 18 at all there...I'm going to put the system up in a topic now. I'll make it a general discussion on affinities as well too. Just in case anyone's interested.

I envy people who can put together games like this so quickly and easily...more power to you, OP.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

With an earth affinity and my affinity system being like the zodiacs/horoscopes, his birthday would be *looks* somewhere in the range of June 30 to August 13. Oh man, we can't use the number 18 at all there...I'm going to put the system up in a topic now. I'll make it a general discussion on affinities as well too. Just in case anyone's interested.

I envy people who can put together games like this so quickly and easily...more power to you, OP.

Oh yeah, I forgot about your affinity system business. That could work too.

47 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

It's worth noting that Ardent Sacrifice is already an ability in the game and it seems pretty much tailor-made for Micaiah. Just throwin' that out there.

^ I think auto-transformation like the manaketes is fine, and I don't necessarily agree about Tibarn being broken if he has Pavise-- I'd argue that if he's treated as a Flier unit, having Pavise on him would be totally fine and give him a good niche as a melee tank/wall while still making him vulnerable to magic and bows. He can have Pavise and not inherently be broken as a result if he's balanced accordingly. 

Well if this game is going to be working off an RNG like Heroes, which the screenshots imply that it will, Tibarn's Pavise skill activating and making him unkillable while he tears through another unit is a bit imbalanced for my tastes. Not that it wasn't like that in the original games as well.

Unless he receives heavy nerfs in its activation department...and even then, an ability that makes you invulnerable to damage in what seems to be a small, very intimate map with only a few units seems too strong.

20 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Well if this game is going to be working off an RNG like Heroes, which the screenshots imply that it will, Tibarn's Pavise skill activating and making him unkillable while he tears through another unit is a bit imbalanced for my tastes. Not that it wasn't like that in the original games as well.

Unless he receives heavy nerfs in its activation department...and even then, an ability that makes you invulnerable to damage in what seems to be a small, very intimate map with only a few units seems too strong.

Your argument seems largely based on fearful conjecture and what's more, you're not really acknowledging mine lol. Assuming Tibarn is treated like any other flier in Heroes (whether his weapon type is colorless or otherwise, although I can't think of why it would/should be if manakete breath is colored), there's no reason to assume that he won't have any of the same pitfalls that they all have-- namely, bows. If Tibarn gets a stat spread of average HP, above average Atk/Def and below average Res/Speed (more or less like what he has in the game(s) IIRC), then magic is another obstacle he has to be aware of as well. He can be a great physical tank and not have to worry about daggers, but other ranged weapons would still be a threat to him regardless of pavise. If his speed is of a suitable level where he's not able to consistently double most foes, then Pavise's activation counter (3) is less prominent as well. Or hell, if it's such a concern, maybe he has a weapon like the __blade tomes that increases the skill timer countdown by +1 or something. 

Honestly, close/distant counter are the main things that make anyone broken in this game so far and so long as he lacks the latter, I have a hard time seeing him being broken even if his Atk and Def are phenomenal (which for balance's sake they probably shouldn't be). 

The point is there are ways to balance it out and just having this skill doesn't make him inherently broken. Stats can be tweaked and even if he had broken stats, bow users (and even units who have WTA on him if he's not colorless and ___raven tomes if he is) still pose enough of a threat that he likely wouldn't be any worse than Takumi or Hector. 

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Your argument seems largely based on fearful conjecture and what's more, you're not really acknowledging mine lol. Assuming Tibarn is treated like any other flier in Heroes (whether his weapon type is colorless or otherwise, although I can't think of why it would/should be if manakete breath is colored), there's no reason to assume that he won't have any of the same pitfalls that they all have-- namely, bows. If Tibarn gets a stat spread of average HP, above average Atk/Def and below average Res/Speed (more or less like what he has in the game(s) IIRC), then magic is another obstacle he has to be aware of as well. He can be a great physical tank and not have to worry about daggers, but other ranged weapons would still be a threat to him regardless of pavise. If his speed is of a suitable level where he's not able to consistently double most foes, then Pavise's activation counter (3) is less prominent as well. Or hell, if it's such a concern, maybe he has a weapon like the __blade tomes that increases the skill timer countdown by +1 or something. 

Honestly, close/distant counter are the main things that make anyone broken in this game so far and so long as he lacks the latter, I have a hard time seeing him being broken even if his Atk and Def are phenomenal (which for balance's sake they probably shouldn't be). 

The point is there are ways to balance it out and just having this skill doesn't make him inherently broken. Stats can be tweaked and even if he had broken stats, bow users (and even units who have WTA on him if he's not colorless and ___raven tomes if he is) still pose enough of a threat that he likely wouldn't be any worse than Takumi or Hector. 

I mean, Takumi isn't exactly the best person to bring up, considering he's clearly one of the best units in the game. Not exactly the epitome of balance, there.

Fearful conjecture? I'm going off of Tibarn in the Tellius games. He's one of the strongest units in those games (purposefully so, but still), in part simply because of Pavise meaning that he takes no damage a large part of the time due to its high activation rate. Combined with high strength and great mobility as a flier, bows aren't all that much of a threat to him at all. His good defense means that even if he eats a bow shot, he'll more than often survive. Crossbows are a different story, but those are pretty rare to begin with

I don't know if we're going to be working off of "x turns until this skill activates" like we do in Heroes. If that's the case, sure, fine, it's balanced, but if not, and it's activation is random (whether activating often or not), it seems more unbalanced.

Below average speed? Tibarn is actually very fast. Granted, his speed growth is terrible in RD, but he's got high enough base speed to double most everything anyway.

18 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I mean, Takumi isn't exactly the best person to bring up, considering he's clearly one of the best units in the game. Not exactly the epitome of balance, there.

Fearful conjecture? I'm going off of Tibarn in the Tellius games. He's one of the strongest units in those games (purposefully so, but still), in part simply because of Pavise meaning that he takes no damage a large part of the time due to its high activation rate. Combined with high strength and great mobility as a flier, bows aren't all that much of a threat to him at all. His good defense means that even if he eats a bow shot, he'll more than often survive. Crossbows are a different story, but those are pretty rare to begin with

I don't know if we're going to be working off of "x turns until this skill activates" like we do in Heroes. If that's the case, sure, fine, it's balanced, but if not, and it's activation is random (whether activating often or not), it seems more unbalanced.

Below average speed? Tibarn is actually very fast. Granted, his speed growth is terrible in RD, but he's got high enough base speed to double most everything anyway.

Listen dude, You sit here and tell me 'no but this is what he's like in Tellius' and 'oh he'll be broken'-- well, which one is it? Do you want him to play like he does in Tellius or do you want him to exist without being broken? Can't have it both ways, bucko. 

I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about this (clearly you're ignoring all but the letter of what I'm saying anyway lol). All I'm telling you is that Tibarn can exist WITH Pavise in the proposed format and not be broken. That's all I'm trying to get across. (Or hell, he can just NOT have it. I don't really give a damn TBH.) Not really much more I can say without repeating myself (...again) so I'm gonna save myself the trouble. 

@tailfin sorry this fruitless discussion is clogging up your thread so much OTL. 

Incidentally, what other units did you have plans on including apart from the main ones like Micaiah, Ike, Soren, etc.? If I know who you plan to implement I might be able to suggest some ideas for builds for people and whatnot, if you like. I enjoy doing this kind of thing. 

Edited by BANRYU

Just now, BANRYU said:

Listen man, You sit here and tell me 'no but this is what he's like in Tellius' and 'oh he'll be broken'-- well, which one is it? Do you want him to play like he does in Tellius or do you want him to exist without being broken? Can't have it both ways, bucko. 

I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about this (clearly you're ignoring all but the letter of what I'm saying anyway lol). All I'm telling you is that Tibarn can exist WITH Pavise in the proposed format and not be broken. That's all I'm trying to get across. (Or hell, he can just NOT have it. I don't really give a damn TBH.) Not really much more I can say without repeating myself so I'm gonna save myself the trouble. 

Why are you taking this so personal? Jesus, man, calm the hell down please. I never said "he'll be 100% for sure broken," but that if Pavise works like in the main series games it might be too strong if he's given a similar stat spread that he has in Tellius games. Might. Keyword. Might. And how am I ignoring you? I'm acknowledging your points and brought up arguments with evidence from the game. Not agreeing =/= ignoring.

I don't know which one we'll get with him, and that's why I'm bringing it up for discussion. And neither of us have any way of knowing. Until we know exactly how skills are going to work in the system and exactly what Tibarn's stat spread is going to be, neither of us can be for sure. I'm just bringing up a concern based upon Pavise and Tibarn's history in the game itself.

That's all. Jesus Christ. No need to get so hostile.

Didn't RD imply that Micaiah is like, at least 50 years old? I feel like there were references to old world events that she knew about from firsthand experience.

I've got no idea how old Miccy is. I suppose I can list her age as Unknown like with Soren.

Ardent Sacrifice was the first skill that came to my mind for Miccy. xD Obviously, it will use her half of her HP stat ( which is already low >< ) to fully heal another ally. I don't know if coding Reciprocal Aid is possible, otherwise I would have given that skill to Sothe ( whose class is Trickster like in FE13.Still has Bane but it is super useful in a game where masteries are no longer 1HKOs ).

Regarding unit-balance or their niche, this is what I've come up with so far: They're probably not going to be based off how they actually performed in their actual games, but rather, I picked stats and abilities for them based off their personality. Characters who happen to be best friends or very close in-universe will naturally synergise very well with each other as well. Also, characters who are stated to be bad-asses in-universe, WILL be bad-asses in this game. So Tauroneo will be a better Marshall than Gatrie. xD On the opposite side, Edward will be the weakest trueblade since he's clearly the greenhorn. Let's just say a guy who has just picked up a sword will in no way, ever be stronger than someone like Lucia or even Stefan.

To asnwer the laguz, I still have to find a way around that. I've only done the beorc so far. I can code a Pavise skill but the only downside is it is always active but limits damage taken. I suppose I could apply a stat penalty to the skill but Tibarn is already very weak to magic in general (which is pretty strong in my game )

More images:

iq5wz42.jpg
Basically Sword!Hector but will only be able to use Ragnell at Lvl 30. This applies to all high-end or SS weapons. I've since nerfed some characters since posting these screens since I wanted their stat totals to fall in line with Heroes ( like Pegs/Swordies stat totals will never go above 170 and only armours will have totals in excess of 180 at Lvl 40 ).

0iwYhXg.jpg

80% crit, since Trueblades have 30% crit here ( bringing back the glorious crit bonus from FE6 ). However crits only deal double damage

RHxSvNO.jpg
For those of us who love to keep track of each and every kill a unit does, here it is ( or how often they were KO'd ). It also shows how much damage they've dealt and received (phys. and mag.) and how much healing was done on the particular unit.

tNigygx.jpg
Victory and level-up quotes are a thing as well. Will definitely need help for this since it is three victory quotes and three level up quotes per unit. xD

Will post more stuff later on, where I'll list the affinity stat bonuses, character/unit synergy, skill lists etc.

@Banryu: Feel free to suggest builds! This is supposed to be a combined effort, after all. ^^

Edited by tailfin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But Ike calls himself Crimean, not Gallian. xP He even says himself "I'm not Gallian." :P

I think it's more of a literal thing. He was pretty much born and raised in Gallia, even if his memories of that time were wiped. But strictly allegiance wise, yeah, he's definitely from Crimea. Lol.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

I think it's more of a literal thing. He was pretty much born and raised in Gallia, even if his memories of that time were wiped. But strictly allegiance wise, yeah, he's definitely from Crimea. Lol.

Yeah, I realize that, but I figured it'd make more sense to write who the characters align themselves with than where they were born.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I realize that, but I figured it'd make more sense to write who the characters align themselves with than where they were born.

I can get behind this. It makes sense. Speaking of which, I think Mia is Crimean, rather than being from Begnion - she's a mercenary hired to fight during the Mad King's War.

EDIT: Some level up quote ideas!

Spoiler

Shinon
Poor Level: "....Tch."
Average Level: "...Fine."
Great Level: "Hmph. Naturally."

Geoffrey
Poor Level: "I must apply myself..."
Average Level: "As befitting of a Crimean Knight."
Great Level: "For Queen, and for country!"

Tormod
Poor Level: "Aw, man...Blew it..."
Average Level: "I just keep getting better!"
Great Level: "All right! That's more like it!"

Rhys
Poor Level: "One step at a time..."
Average Level: "For this, I am grateful."
Great Level: "Oh, my... I'm more capable than I thought!"

Oscar
Poor Level: "Perhaps I'm a bit out of practice..."
Average Level: "Growing stronger. Always good."
Great Level: "Oh... How nice."

Gatrie
Poor Level: "...Strange... I must be distracted."
Average Level: "Heh! It's nothing for me!"
Great Level: "The ladies will be amazed, surely!"

More to come!

Edited by Extrasolar

Yeah, you'd think Mia is Crimean, but for some reason, the official artbook states that her birth country is Begnion. o.O

If we're doing level up quotes, here's some for Ike and Kieran! :)

Ike

1-2 stats up: "Ugh, Father would be disappointed..."

3-4 stats up: "Not bad. I'm getting somewhere."

5-6 stats up: "Wow, I feel like a one-man army!"

Kieran

1-2 stats up: "Curses! That fiend Oscar must've distracted me!"

3-4 stats up: "For Crimea, I train!"

5-6 stats up: "Huzzah! The great Kieran triumphs!"

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, you'd think Mia is Crimean, but for some reason, the official artbook states that her birth country is Begnion. o.O

If we're doing level up quotes, here's some for Ike and Kieran! :)

Ike

1-2 stats up: "Ugh, Father would be disappointed..."

3-4 stats up: "Not bad. I'm getting somewhere."

5-6 stats up: "Wow, I feel like a one-man army!"

Kieran

1-2 stats up: "Curses! That fiend Oscar must've distracted me!"

3-4 stats up: "For Crimea, I train!"

5-6 stats up: "Huzzah! The great Kieran triumphs!"

Oh, realy? Wow, I never knew that. How in the world did she end up all the way in Gallia to meet the Greil Mercenaries then? Strange.

I love Kieran's quotes, by the way. I was thinking of something similar for him. I think Ike's third quote is a bit strange, and could do with reworking. I think it sounds a bit too excitable and energetic for him.

A bunch more quotes from me:

Spoiler

Mist
Poor Level: "Oh, no..."
Average Level: "I can help out, too!"
Great Level: "Take this maiden seriously!"
NOTE: I admit to shamelessly ripping off the latter from Ophelia's crit lines. I think it would be the perfect fit for Mist!

Mia
Poor Level: "Guess it's back to the basics for me..."
Average Level: "A strict regiment really pays off!"
Great Level: "I'll take on anyone!"

Rolf
Poor Level: "Um... Maybe I need more training..."
Average Level: "This isn't so hard!"
Great Level: "Master! Did you see me?"

Boyd
Poor Level: "Blast it all..."
Average Level: "Nobody will beat me!"
Great Level: "Ha! The world's not ready for Boyd!"

Haar
Poor Level: "Eh... Maybe it's time for a break..."
Average Level: "Ugh. My muscles are a bit sore..."
Great Level: "This is a little tiring..."

Reyson
Poor Level: "The battlefield takes its toll..."
Average Level: "I aid my allies to the best of my ability."
Great Level: "Do not think less of me."

Pelleas
Poor Level: "I...I must try harder..."
Average Level: "I'm think I'm beginning to understand..."
Great Level: "Don't underestimate me!"

Tauroneo
Poor Level: "When one is past his prime..."
Average Level: "Come, throw yourselves against me!"
Great Level: "Ha! There's some fight left in these old bones after all!"

Ranulf
Poor Level: "Oof... I might have pulled something..."
Average Level: "Hey, not bad at all."
Great Level: "I don't mean to sound cocky, but..."

Muarim
Poor Level: "I must try harder...For everyone's sake..."
Average Level: "So far, so good."
Great Level: "Hm. I know that the little one will be ecstatic."

Volug (translated from ancient language)
Poor Level: (Hm. Kind of troubling.)
Average Level: (I suppose it will do.)
Great Level: (I'm itching to sink my fangs into something...)

Leanne (translated from ancient language)
Poor Level: (Apologies... I'm trying my best...)
Average Level: (Do you see me, Brothers?)
Great Level: (Oh! I'm doing well, aren't I?)

Kurthnaga
Poor Level: "This is exhausting..."
Average Level: "I will grow stronger, for everyone who is depending on me!"
Great Level: "Father... Are you watching me?"

Tibarn
Poor Level: "How...vexing..."
Average Level: "I hardly have to try!"
Great Level: "It's good to be King of the Skies!"

Nailah
Poor Level: "When one is already this strong..."
Average Level: "Yes, of course."
Great Level: "You expected anything less?"

Naesala
Poor Level: "...Strong as I need to be, as they say."
Average Level: "Brute force isn't everything, you know."
Great Level: "Why don't you come closer? I just want to show you something..."

Edited by Extrasolar

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Oh, realy? Wow, I never knew that. How in the world did she end up all the way in Gallia to meet the Greil Mercenaries then? Strange.

I love Kieran's quotes, by the way. I was thinking of something similar for him. I think Ike's third quote is a bit strange, and could do with reworking. I think it sounds a bit too excitable and energetic for him.

All we really get is that Mia was captured by the Daein army, and then rescued by Greil. After that, she sought him out to repay him for it, but was too late (Greil was killed by the time she caught up with Ike and the others).

Haha, I love writing Kieran! He's so funny, entertaining, and lovable.

Ike's third quote was meant to be a joke about how he really CAN be a one-man army in his games stat-wise. :P But it might not be the most in-character for him, yeah.

Also, good job with other characters! lol Ranulf. I love him too. XD

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

All we really get is that Mia was captured by the Daein army, and then rescued by Greil. After that, she sought him out to repay him for it, but was too late (Greil was killed by the time she caught up with Ike and the others).

Haha, I love writing Kieran! He's so funny, entertaining, and lovable.

Ike's third quote was meant to be a joke about how he really CAN be a one-man army in his games stat-wise. :P But it might not be the most in-character for him, yeah.

Also, good job with other characters! lol Ranulf. I love him too. XD

Ohh, right, I'd forgotten about that. Weird that the Daein army dragged her all the way to Gallia, though. Did they intend to feed her to the beasts or something? :blink:

Oh, as a funny in-joke, it works, but yeah it's a bit OOC. I would replace it with something like:

Ike
Great Level: "I've come so far..."

The guy's a bit reflective on how much of a badass he's become, haha.

Thanks, haha. These are really fun to write. XD

Oh, just so you know, units always get near-perfect level ups in this game. So they'll hardly end up being RNG-screwed. Unless they adhere to a certain build ( like Mia being more SPD-orientated than say, Edward, who is more STR-orientated ), their stats will more or less fall in line with that. So three level up quotes that reflect that would be great. 

EDIT: Gameplay stuff:

Affinity ideas/examples:

Earth:        Damage from physical and magical attacks is reduced by 3.
Heaven:    Half damage from all elements.
Fire:          Damage is boosted by 3.
Water:       HP is boosted by 3.    
Wind:        SPD is boosted by 3.
Thunder:   Critical rate is boosted by 5.
Light:        ???
Dark:        ???

Since Dark is the rarest affinity, it probably needs the 'best boost'. Affinities are also closely tied to units birthdays ( even if they're all made up, I still selected a star sign that not only suited their personality, but affinity as well ).

SS-rank weapons: Only usable at Lvl 30. Some weapons will give units usable skills.

Ragnell        16 Mt, -3 SPD, +3 DEF. Counters only when attacked.
Alondite       16 Mt, -3 DEF, +3 RES. Counters only when attacked.
Vague Katti  13 Mt, +3 SPD, Crit +50.
Urvan          16 Mt, -5 SPD, applies Seal Resistance -7 on a foe after attacking.
Wishblade   16 Mt,  applies Seal Defence -7 on a foe after attacking.
Double Bow    14 Mt,  Counters only when attacked.
Baselard         12 Mt,  Applies ATK and DEF -4 on a foe.

All tome skills are learned over time ( like with Micaiah's Divineflame, Rexaura, Rexflame etc. ) Magic skills do have side effects as well. This is what I came up with:

Fire          Drops attack, inflicts a status called 'Burned' which makes a unit more vulnerable to fire magic.
Wind        Drops speed and avoid rate of enemies.
Thunder  Randomly stuns foes. Effective damage against armoured allies/enemies.
Light        Inflicts Blind, which causes the hit rate to drop by 50%.
Dark        Inflicts Poison.

Unit synergy:

I suppose this is where the real fun lies. Not only does unit synergy amplify the in-game bond between two (or more) characters, but they sometimes make for some of the best team set-ups. Like an ideal set-up could run along the lines of:

G-Merc set-up: Ike, Soren, Mist and Titania
Two heavy hitters, a healer with a ranged attack and a Nuker with AoE damage.

Royal Crimean set-up: Elincia, Lucia, Geoffrey, Bastian
One heavy hitter with a brave weapon, a buffer/debuffer, a Healbot who can still fight and a Nuker with AoE damage.

Dawn Brigage set-up: Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, Nolan
Two heavy hitters, one Nuker that doubles as a healer and a debuffer.

Note that you can use whoever you want in a team of four, those teams aren't set in stone.

Edited by tailfin