Tips to help my friend playing this game

Spellsion

So my friend decided to start playing fire emblem, with his choice of start is birthright. Im glad that he is playing the game and enjoying it, but he constantly skipping important mechanic(not ranking up support, only leveling up his avatar, etc.) I first told him to look at the instruction you can see but he keeps on leaving it aside and constantly ask me the same question on basic mechanic the game already explained. So is there anything I can do to have him actually get through his thick skull about the mechanic of this game, or should I just wait for the inevitable where he will get stuck on a level and gets fustarted and slowly losing intrest in the game.

If he play normal,I hardly believe get stuck as long he can advance class. So just explain it the mechanics he ask(just this) and if he want play more seriously the game then tell him to start to read the instruction. My cousin play casual normal and she is too lazy to enjoy fire emblem seriously. She skip most of things.

So he's ignoring supports and not leveling side characters?

I mean, he'll just crash and burn on later fights since there is a level cap (which you can break with an expensive item, but for the sake of argument here, let's ignore that), so if his avatar is the only one maxed, he won't have anyone help to protect him or clear his path.

Basically, the final boss requires the avatar to deal damage, but said fights have so many baddies you will be swarmed and you will have a dead avatar before you can even get to the boss.

Also, supports mean better stats and more units. Is he not into the dating sim aspect? If anything, just tell him to grab the girl he likes best/thinks is cutest and have her follow him around or pair-up. 

Otherwise, just let him struggle. Maybe show him how much better your army is after using the support systems and leveling up everyone. He might change his tune when you show your wife/husband/children demolishing enemy teams.

He's playing birthright he'll be fine. Corn solo works perfectly fine on lunatic in that game.

He'll ether learn mechanics when he plays CQ or uuuh, will do what everyone else who's just bad at video games does and learn the excellent strategy of DLC/MC.

32 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

So he's ignoring supports and not leveling side characters?

I mean, he'll just crash and burn on later fights since there is a level cap (which you can break with an expensive item, but for the sake of argument here, let's ignore that), so if his avatar is the only one maxed, he won't have anyone help to protect him or clear his path.

Basically, the final boss requires the avatar to deal damage, but said fights have so many baddies you will be swarmed and you will have a dead avatar before you can even get to the boss.

Also, supports mean better stats and more units. Is he not into the dating sim aspect? If anything, just tell him to grab the girl he likes best/thinks is cutest and have her follow him around or pair-up. 

Otherwise, just let him struggle. Maybe show him how much better your army is after using the support systems and leveling up everyone. He might change his tune when you show your wife/husband/children demolishing enemy teams.

I don't remember last map so hard. Aside from I don't remember anything about borthright so Important to need to remember. Lunatic birthright feel like hard awakening. Aside from worst map design of birthright which basically gang bang you from three direction the first turn, I remember nearly nothing.

Well, it's not too terribly difficult, but Corrin's Yato has a very useful damage bonus on the last bosses in all the paths. 

He's got a bunch of maids chilling around him that will harass you, so it helps if you have some buds to clear them out.

I... Sadly, think the only way he'll learn the error of his ways is when he inevitably crashes and burns.

9 hours ago, SpearOfLies said:

I don't remember last map so hard. Aside from I don't remember anything about borthright so Important to need to remember. Lunatic birthright feel like hard awakening. Aside from worst map design of birthright which basically gang bang you from three direction the first turn, I remember nearly nothing.

Well, I'd imagine he'd wind up not being able to finish quickly when he gets surrounded - the Yato can do bugger all when he has 2-rangers coming from everywhere.

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I... Sadly, think the only way he'll learn the error of his ways is when he inevitably crashes and burns.

Well, I'd imagine he'd wind up not being able to finish quickly when he gets surrounded - the Yato can do bugger all when he has 2-rangers coming from everywhere.

Yep, and since the game let's you continue as long as someone alive is on the field, he'll be stuck trying to fight with underdeveloped units that may not even be able to hit the last boss or enemies in the area.

5 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Yep, and since the game let's you continue as long as someone alive is on the field, he'll be stuck trying to fight with underdeveloped units that may not even be able to hit the last boss or enemies in the area.

Actually, having thought about it, I doubt he'll even be able to get past chapter 23.

I would like to say that now, he made a pretty big mistake. He turned his avatar into a kinshi knight, That alone aint a bad thing but he's still trying to solo with the avatar only. He keeps struggeling with his only good proficences is the bow with horrible rank e proficencies for spear. I really want to help him out. So any other tips you guys can say.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, Spellsion said:

I would like to say that now, he made a pretty big mistake. He turned his avatar into a kinshi knight, That alone aint a bad thing but he's still trying to solo with the avatar only. He keeps struggeling with his only good proficences is the bow with horrible rank e proficencies for spear. I really want to help him out. So any other tips you guys can say.

If he want solo corrin, kinshi knight is stupid mistake. If use other unit but don't want spend to much time then use Ryouma.

He can also reclass Jakob to Great knight and use it as pair bot. The defensive stats it give is very useful.