Guy

Raven

Well, Serra, Erk, and Priscilla are all better than Lucius and the first two have a level advantage, so it's more likely they promote first.
Erk and Priscilla I can understand, but exactly how is Serra better than Lucius, if she's forced to heal before promoting? It's because of that liability that Serra has that makes me see Lucius promoting before her. I mean, sure Lucius has tissue-paper defense and is just about as lucky as a black cat, but he does have it where it counts and is able to compete with the best of them.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erk and Priscilla I can understand, but exactly how is Serra better than Lucius, if she's forced to heal before promoting? It's because of that liability that Serra has that makes me see Lucius promoting before her. I mean, sure Lucius has tissue-paper defense and is just about as lucky as a black cat, but he does have it where it counts and is able to compete with the best of them.

Durability doesn't count?

You have two healers earlygame and early midgame. You have countless fighters. Serra is almost a necessity, especially on HHM.

Well, Serra, Erk, and Priscilla are all better than Lucius and the first two have a level advantage, so it's more likely they promote first.

Erk and Serra promote first, sure, but Priscilla doesn't.

Edited by Reikken

Don't bother posting here, then. >__<

Yet Guy is still better.

Priscilla wants Erk A, Guy B and Lucius isn't be fielded due to promotion issues. Rebecca is a Mid Tier average Sniper, and she's better with Lowen A, Sain B.

I've done so before. :o

SS, while I agree with you, this isn't FEU or FEP. Try to cut down on the "Don't post here then" and exact statements. People here are still getting used to this stuff, so you should really try to make it as friendly, explained and comprehensive as you can. If you just say Priscilla wants such and such they're going to think you're just making a totally biased statement.

Supports are semi-overrated in FE6-8 largely because they appear like magic. By time you actually get in deep enough to realize roughly when supports may come into play, you could just as soon argue the game in a near turn by turn stance.

That considered, Guy's got about as many options as Raven does. Matt has much better options, while Pris can support with either.

Guy's big issue is he's got little defense, meh HP, and after accounting for supports, barely above average avoid. His best options give him 0 in terms of defensive boosts. He's relying on Fire's avoid to do anything. And he even takes a speed hit from every weapon that he can cause damage with, making his offensive options supports a dire need to compare in Damage to other characters.

And then you wonder why I say Rutger, Zihark, and Josh were better units of the same class in their games, and Guy is more of a. . . blemish to the class. Admittedly a decent, quite usable one, but definitely finds himself in the Swordmaster all of shame.

Also, in order to exile Raven in support lands, I'd like to point out that you're now using at least 6 units, two of which are the same class. I'd also argue that since Ice>Wind on any occasion, you're using Lowen, and they have similar stat builds, Sain for Raven seems almost stupid.

I meant meh as in nothing special for a low defense unit - Like the Axe users sport.

Even still, over all, I'd bet that among physical units his HP is average.

57 HP is far above average, actually -_-

His HP through the entire game is above average.

lol at the naive thought that the average HP wouldn't go up if 4 people get HP boosts. In HHM the HP average is actually 53. And no, Hard Mode is NOT the be all and end all of the game. There are three other modes where his HP is average.

That's at 20/20, where Raven, Heath, and Bartre and maybe Dorcas have all maxed HP for about 2 levels, more in Bartre's case. And all this because I think his HP is nothing special for a unit that has defense and offense worse than Erk's. And considering that it's probably one of the worst stats, it's not something I would argue in his favor

Level 20/15 end-game Guy has 53 HP, 69% Avoid, 13 Def, and 9 Res. That's pretty awesome.

Heath and Bartre suck too much to be actually used. Dorcas has 58 HP, 31% Avoid, 14 Def, 8 Res. Raven has 59 HP, 48% Avoid, 15 Def, and 8 Res.