Guy

Raven

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. That's your opinion, and I respect that. In this debate, however, it's understood that Eliwood is better on average, so he's going to promote first.

That's stupid. >_<

Damned assumptions.

While Eliwood is generally the better choice, you can't just assume everyone is going to pick him first. Yes, he usually will be, but... Eliwood or Lyn might have been RNG-screwed or blessed, so you may decide to ditch your screwed Eliwood and promote Lyn, or promote your meh Lyn because your blessed Eliwood is 1337 enough to be fine without promoting, etc. Or you may even not be using Eliwood at all. Or you may just be a Lyn fanboy or something.

Thank you.

You really HAVE to use Eliwood, unless you're going to rescue him in the endgame.

or just keep him out of enemy range. It's been forever since I played that chapter since I usually don't finish my plays, but it's not that hard to do iirc.

You really HAVE to use Eliwood, unless you're going to rescue him in the endgame.

Same for Lyn...

or just keep him out of enemy range. It's been forever since I played that chapter since I usually don't finish my plays, but it's not that hard to do iirc.

He meant come endgame.

That's stupid. >_<

Damned assumptions.

It makes sense, though.

By that logic... you have to use Lyn too.

I'm not saying that you aren't supposed to use Lyn. It's like Micaiah. She's rather mediocre, but you have to use her, so use her.

It makes sense, though.

Assumptions much? I've only ever regretted promotiong Eliwood first.

I'm not saying that you aren't supposed to use Lyn. It's like Micaiah. She's rather mediocre, but you have to use her, so use her.

By that logic, wouldn't it be smarter to promote her first? Eliwood's good enough, so he can come later, Lyn needs it now, so give it to her now.

Endgame is what I was talking about, yeah.

I usually don't. Lyn is only forced in a few chapters.

Again, come endgame, where she's forced, you'll be down a unit if you don't use her. :/

LOL I stopped promoting/using him cause of all the blasted times he's ended up horrible and there's no problem at all.

Um, OK? He's a balanced unit, so he can get RNG screwed, but being RNG blessed is a bit more common.

Assumptions much? I've only ever regretted promotiong Eliwood first.

By that logic, wouldn't it be smarter to promote her first? Eliwood's good enough, so he can come later, Lyn needs it now, so give it to her now.

Once again, OK? I can't say much about what you think when it comes to who to promote. It's just assumed.

Eliwood's more useful upon promotion, though. If I had the choice of promoting Roy or promoting FE10 Ike, I'd obviously go with Ike, even if Roy was at 20. Ike's much more useful.

Eliwood becomes amazing after promotion, especially since he can keep up better with his Lowen support. That way, he's benefitting himself and an incredible character. Lyn just becomes slightly better after promotion, whereas Eliwood becomes much better.

Once again, OK? I can't say much about what you think when it comes to who to promote. It's just assumed.

Eliwood's more useful upon promotion, though. If I had the choice of promoting Roy or promoting FE10 Ike, I'd obviously go with Ike, even if Roy was at 20. Ike's much more useful.

And assumptions are stupid in debates when things are more down to choice than anything else.

What the hell kind of comparison is that?

Someone that has a 90% growth and cap-rams is extremely unlikely to be RNG screwed and is impossible to be RNG blessed.

Again, come endgame, where she's forced, you'll be down a unit if you don't use her. :/

Ok?

Down a unit endgame > using a crappy unit all through the rest of the game and spending an extra 10k on her promotion item that she doesn't even get to use until super late.

Edited by Reikken

And assumptions are stupid in debates when things are more down to choice than anything else.

What the hell kind of comparison is that?

That's what those assumptions are for. If it was just choice, there'd be no point to debate.

I thought it was a good one. Lord vs. Better Lord.

Tell that to my luck then cause he's never been blessed and often gets screwed. It was once possible for the dragon to double him...

That's dreadful. Sorry.

There is no such thing as "more easily blessed" or "more easily screwed"

Eliwood HP: 80% STR: 45% SKL: 50% SPD: 40% LCK: 45% Def: 30% Res: 35%

While these growths aren't spectacular, almost all of them are above 30, meaning that it's unlikely for him to get RNG screwed.

That actually depends more on a character's growths.

There is no growth where a character is more likely to be screwed/blessed.

Someone that has a 90% growth and cap-rams is extremely unlikely to be RNG screwed and is impossible to be RNG blessed.

That is in agreement with me.

The only growths that are significantly less likely to be screwed/blessed are 0-5 and 95-100.

I didn't say significantly. It is a very, very, very tiny lead, but he is more likely to be RNG blessed. The other members made it seem like he's always going to be RNG screwed.

Eh.. I don't think that bit about Eliwood is true. ("While these growths aren't spectacular, almost all of them are above 30, meaning that it's unlikely for him to get RNG screwed.")

Growths closer to 50 deviate slightly more, and growths closer to 0 or 100 deviate less.

Growths below 50 are very slightly more likely to be RNG screwed but also tend to be RNG blessed by slightly more when blessed.

Growths above 50 are very slightly more likely to be RNG blessed but also tend to be RNG screwed by slightly more when screwed.

Difference in deviation is generally insignificantly small and can be safely ignored.

Edited by Reikken

That's what those assumptions are for. If it was just choice, there'd be no point to debate.

I thought it was a good one. Lord vs. Better Lord.

That's dreadful. Sorry.

Eliwood HP: 80% STR: 45% SKL: 50% SPD: 40% LCK: 45% Def: 30% Res: 35%

While these growths aren't spectacular, almost all of them are above 30, meaning that it's unlikely for him to get RNG screwed.

Dorcas: 60% Str growth. Lv20/08, he has 19 Str, when the average is 22.2. Officially screwed.

My Dorcas even had higher speed than strength at one point, shown in this video. Speed at 20/08 is now 15. At 20% Speed growth, that's stupidly blessed.

Dorcas: 60% Str growth. Lv20/08, he has 19 Str, when the average is 22.2. Officially screwed.

My Dorcas even had higher speed than strength at one point, shown in this video. Speed at 20/08 is now 15. At 20% Speed growth, that's stupidly blessed.

I said LESS LIKELY, and then in a later post said, SLIGHTLY.