HM Enemy Bonuses

Tino

I'm not too sure if anybody's looked into it, to be honest.

Is there any chapter you'd like specific data from? It might give me some motivation to begin something ^^;;;

I know in the Prologue, the enemies seem to get +1 Level of growths. (Well, they could get +0 Levels, but have gains possibly due to semi-random fluctuations. I'm just guessing really.)

Edited by VincentASM

In the Prologue it seems like the two fighters are of different classes.

Fighter 1

22 HP, 5 Str, 1 Skl, 1 Spd, 0 Luc, 5 Def 0 Res

Fighter 2

21 HP, 5 Str, 2 Skl, 4 Spd, 0 Luc, 2 Def 0 Res

As you see, there are big difference in the Speed and Defense statistics. They are both Fighter, but "different" fighters. I'm bad at explaining that stuff.

And there's no chapter-specific data I want to have, I just would like to make a compilation of enemy statistics to measure a unit's average usefulness in combat better, as well as other things. But seeing as enemy stats are not fixed in this game (they are in Dark Dragon and Gaiden), it's pretty much impossible to just play the game and gather all the statistics. They are different every playthrough anyway (except for the Prologue enemies. They're always the same).

Someone should do some research to this. I might do it myself, but I honestly have no idea how to actually do that.

In the Prologue it seems like the two fighters are of different classes.

Fighter 1

22 HP, 5 Str, 1 Skl, 1 Spd, 0 Luc, 5 Def 0 Res

Fighter 2

21 HP, 5 Str, 2 Skl, 4 Spd, 0 Luc, 2 Def 0 Res

As you see, there are big difference in the Speed and Defense statistics. They are both Fighter, but "different" fighters. I'm bad at explaining that stuff.

They probably have different stat additions. When I look at HM bonuses, I factor in all stat additions.

And there's no chapter-specific data I want to have, I just would like to make a compilation of enemy statistics to measure a unit's average usefulness in combat better, as well as other things. But seeing as enemy stats are not fixed in this game (they are in Dark Dragon and Gaiden), it's pretty much impossible to just play the game and gather all the statistics. They are different every playthrough anyway (except for the Prologue enemies. They're always the same).

While it's true they're not fixed, it didn't really deter people from making enemy stats for other FEs, right? Besides, you could, in theory, do enemy average stats, in a similar way to player ones.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do. The only things stopping me are that I'm not a particular fan of this game, and the chapter select code doesn't work well in this game.

Edited by VincentASM

While it's true they're not fixed, it didn't really deter people from making enemy stats for other FEs, right? Besides, you could, in theory, do enemy average stats, in a similar way to player ones.

Well, that's mainly why I want to know the stat additions. To be able to calculate enemy statistics.

And thanks.

Well, that's mainly why I want to know the stat additions. To be able to calculate enemy statistics.

And thanks.

I think it's a bit annoying in the GBA FEs, since IIRC enemy data is often shared between many different enemies, eg. (hypothethically) one set of enemy data might be the base for all the Grado Myrmidons from Chapters 1 to 15, as well as a similar number of Grado Archers and Grado Mercenaries.

I might be completely wrong on this aspect though- I'm not too knowledgable about GBA FE hacking. Someone with more experience in GBA enemy and chapter data hacking would know more.

However, I do know that in FE9 and beyond, every single enemy type has their own individual data (eg. there's seperate data for Macedonian Myrmidons, Gra Myrmidons, Grunian Myrmidons and etc.).

Edited by VincentASM

I think it's a bit annoying in the GBA FEs, since IIRC enemy data is often shared between many different enemies, eg. (hypothethically) one set of enemy data might be the base for all the Grado Myrmidons from Chapters 1 to 15, as well as a similar number of Grado Archers and Grado Mercenaries.

I might be completely wrong on this aspect though- I'm not too knowledgable about GBA FE hacking. Someone with more experience in GBA enemy and chapter data hacking would know more.

However, I do know that in FE9 and beyond, every single enemy type has their own individual data (eg. there's seperate data for Macedonian Myrmidons, Gra Myrmidons, Grunian Myrmidons and etc.).

No, you're correct. There's one set of data for those Myrmidons, one set of data for those Myrmidons, etcetera. But that isn't even that much of a problem. I am capable of finding that data. However, I am not capable of finding the way Hard Mode stat additions are calculated in this game, and that's something I'd really like to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Took me awhile, but I finally started on something.

MERCENARY

LEVEL 9 IN CHAPTER 9 EIRIKA

ALL GROWTHS 100% + REGULAR BASES

HM

HP ST SK SP LC DE RE
29 16 18 18 11 16 12
30 15 20*18 11 16 9
29 15 19 18 11 17 10
29 14 20*19 10 14 11
30 15 19 18 12 15 11
30 17 19 19 12 17 12
29 15 20*19 11 14 9
30 16 19 18 11 14 11

AVERAGE

29.5  15.38 XX 18.38 11.13 15.38 10.63

NM

HP ST SK SP LC DE RE
23 10 14 15 05 10 07
24 11 13 14 06 09 06
24 10 14 14 07 10 06
25 10 13 14 06 10 05
24 10 15 14 06 09 06
24 09 14 13 07 10 06
24 11 13 14 05 11 05
23 11 14 14 07 11 06

AVERAGE

23.88 10.25 XX 14	6.13  10	5.88

HM MINUS NM

29.5  15.38 XX 18.38 11.13 15.38 10.63
23.88 10.25 XX 14	6.13  10	5.88

SUBTRACTED

5.62  5.13	 4.38  5	 5.38  4.75

AVERAGE SUBTRACTIONS

5.043 --- I.E HM BONUS OF +5 Levels

+5 Levels is the same as the FE7 HM bonus IIRC.

Of course, I'd have to look at other chapters as well, but I'll leave that to another day ^^;;;

Edited by VincentASM