Who is the best villager now?

With increased growths across the board I have to ask which villager is now the best? In gaiden, Kliff was the best because his growths were existant. Now, he only has slightly higher growths than the others, and it is worth pondering whether he is better or worse than them. Thoughts?

Cliff is still good, but substantially weaker because of the fact that he got like 10% more growth rates (and even a decrease to his HP growth) compared to most characters like Tobin and Gray (who both got +70% growths) with usually around 60-100% increased growths.

It may be Faye because of her spell list, I'm using her as a cleric.

Archer Tobin is actually surprisingly competent for me right now, even moreso than Python, but I am only early Chapter 3.

All of them seem good now actually. Even Atlas (Some what). However, in terms of gameplay, Faye seems to be the best. I mean, that spell pool though. Though, personal preference goes to Grey for looking fine af and also looks like he could be a good unit.

9 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Archer Tobin is actually surprisingly competent for me right now, even moreso than Python, but I am only early Chapter 3.

This information pleases me more than you know. I'm happy Tobin is much better.

Does anyone have info on Faye as a class other than cleric? I wasn't going to make her one (paladin for me), so I wondered how she would hold up there.

Kliff is still good as a mage thanks to his spell learn list and good as the other classes thanks to his base luck+resistance combo. The rest of his base stats also still gain the most from the initial class change, even moreso now that the other characters have better growths too.

Harder to say who the best is or if Kliff was even the best in original. They all seem good this time around though whereas before Tobin was kind of lacking in staying power.

On paper, Kliff and Fae will be the best simply because Kliff's growths on top of his awesome spell cache make him an amazing Mage, and he's the only one until Luthier shows up, so he has a bit of a monopoly on wizardry. Fae will be default amazing because she can be either a Falcon Knight/10 or she can get excellent White Magic (such as Fortify) as a Cleric.

2 hours ago, Tryhard said:

It may be Faye because of her spell list, I'm using her as a cleric.

What's her spell list like?

6 hours ago, Azz said:

All of them seem good now actually. Even Atlas (Some what). However, in terms of gameplay, Faye seems to be the best. I mean, that spell pool though. Though, personal preference goes to Grey for looking fine af and also looks like he could be a good unit.

I dunno. Faye seems to have the worst speed and maybe attack.

Grey kind of reminds me of a cross between James Potter and Peter Pettigrew with that face. Not bad at all, just unexpected.

Eh, I'd say Gray was the best villager due to his base stats, being able to promote to merc at base, and the merc line fixing his speed.

Now I'd say it's Cleric!Faye due to her spellpool, butb Gray and Cliff are still good. Still don't know about Tobin