SP Transfer feature, anyone?

Anacybele

So guys, those of you who have leveled your units to 5 star lv. 40 and gotten all their skills you want for them and such. They'll keep earning SP so long as they kill units that are the right levels.

But there's nothing you can do with that SP! So how about an SP transfer feature that allows you to give all that extra SP to characters who need it so it doesn't go to waste? I think this would be really cool. I myself don't have all the skills I want for my 5 star Freddy yet, but he's swimming in so much SP that he's gonna have some left once I'm done with him, I'm sure of it.

How I think this feature should work though, is that you can choose how much SP you want to transfer and it would cost you some shards depending on how much you want to transfer. The shard colors would depend on which characters you're doing the transfer between. Say I'm going to transfer some of Freddy's SP to my male Robin so the latter can get some more skills. This would cost me some green and blue shards since those are these characters' colors. Universal shards can also be used if you don't have enough of the other colors. This sounds fair, right?

Wouldn't it be really useful if IS added this?

Edited by Anacybele

Seeing as how my serra has 1,000 sp, this feature would be completely broken. The way you put it, is a little more fair, using shards and all.

But considering you get 2,500 unibersal shards per lunatic chapter for a total of 22,500, it seriously wouldn't even matter. I like the way it us now to be honest.

Vincent said there was a possibility of SP events in a datamine. I'd rather just wait for that.

Considering it's s gacha game... if they release an SP transfer feature... it would be the same as skill inheritance.

Give up the unit for with SP for a measly 25% of the remaining sp on the unit you sacrificed.

That's the way it is in other gacha games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Using shards to transfer SP would be nice.

I honestly never use Shards anymore, because I want to maximize SP, and even before that, leveling to 20 was so easy, I never needed to use them, and post 20, it takes so many crystals just to go one level that it's not a viable way to level units at all.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Considering it's s gacha game... if they release an SP transfer feature... it would be the same as skill inheritance.

Give up the unit for with SP for a measly 25% of the remaining sp on the unit you sacrificed.

That's the way it is in other gacha games.

Except the units that would build up that SP that you're transferring would be units you've already used a lot and given a lot of levels to. No one would be willing to give them up. And if a player is leveling up a unit or making that unit kill enemies just for SP to transfer, then they might as well have had the unit they want the SP to go to do that instead.

In short, what you're saying doesn't make sense.

Edited by Anacybele

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

In short, what you're saying doesn't make sense.

I partially agree.

What he's saying makes sense, but 25% isn't enough. Seeing as how I can sit there and grind up 800 SP on any non-distinct healer and squeeze it out on whoever I want and only lose 200 SP that'd still be broken

Shadow of chaos is right in saying that's the way it is in other gacha games.

But considering skill inheritance is a thing, I can get a unit all the way to 3 star level 40, spend no SP on skills, promote them, get them to 40 again and deposit 1,200 SP on whoever I want. Now if the character I trained up is sent home that would ease me a little. But if it was also decreased by 50% then it'll make it a bit easier. 

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I partially agree.

What he's saying makes sense, but 25% isn't enough. Seeing as how I can sit there and grind up 800 SP on any non-distinct healer and squeeze it out on whoever I want and only lose 200 SP that'd still be broken

Shadow of chaos is right in saying that's the way it is in other gacha games.

But considering skill inheritance is a thing, I can get a unit all the way to 3 star level 40, spend no SP on skills, promote them, get them to 40 again and deposit 1,200 SP on whoever I want. Now if the character I trained up is sent home that would ease me a little. But if it was also decreased by 50% then it'll make it a bit easier. 

Oh, okay, I see. I agree, 25% wouldn't be enough. But I understand now.

If I'm not mistaken, the SP rate is sitting comfortably at 3 SP per kill. With the inclusion of the 99 stamina that's coming right around the corner sometime soon, I believe the SP rate is fine as it is, but I can suggest one thing that would be really be good, inspired from the EXP distribution after clearing a map in Fire Emblem Echoes. Here it is:

Each surviving member in the party gains 5 SP after clearing the stage. Applies only in the Tenth Stratum.

This bonus ensures that players will keep playing the 10th stratum as the best SP grinding option while keeping it nice and fair for everyone due to its difficulty. What do you think? :lol:

As for the SP transfer suggestion, I'm not exactly fond of this idea, since this means that there's too many SP for the main unit in such a short period if they're lucky, making it unfair for those who don't and those who grind their way through hard work and perseverance.

Edited by Lyrai

18 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

If I'm not mistaken, the SP rate is sitting comfortably at 3 SP per kill. With the inclusion of the 99 stamina that's coming right around the corner sometime soon, I believe the SP rate is fine as it is, but I can suggest one thing that would be really be good, inspired from the EXP distribution after clearing a map in Fire Emblem Echoes. Here it is:

Each surviving member in the party gains 5 SP after clearing the stage. Applies only in the Tenth Stratum.

This bonus ensures that players will keep playing the 10th stratum as the best SP grinding option while keeping it nice and fair for everyone due to its difficulty. What do you think? :lol:

As for the SP transfer suggestion, I'm not exactly fond of this idea, since this means that there's too many SP for the main unit in such a short period if they're lucky, making it unfair for those who don't and those who grind their way through hard work and perseverance.

10th Stratum sometimes is doable... sometimes ridiculously screws you over with min-max like skills for characters.

5SP wouldn't be enough incentive. Even regular 4 star level 40 enemies from the 8th or 9th stratum is good enough exp and SP gain.

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Even regular 4 star level 40 enemies from the 8th or 9th stratum is good enough exp and SP gain.

This is exactly why I proposed a +5SP bonus in the 10th stratum. As of right now, there is freedom to pick the Eighth Stratum and the Ninth Stratum due to it giving the same amount of SP gains, so I thought of this idea to make the 10th Stratum a unique and challenging stratum with a fair reward for clearing it.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

10th Stratum sometimes is doable... sometimes ridiculously screws you over with min-max like skills for characters.

You pointed out the main weakness of my argument. Now if only IS could make the enemies' skills more consistent and predictable, grinding in the Tenth Stratum wouldn't be so bad...

1 hour ago, Lyrai said:

This is exactly why I proposed a +5SP bonus in the 10th stratum. As of right now, there is freedom to pick the Eighth Stratum and the Ninth Stratum due to it giving the same amount of SP gains, so I thought of this idea to make the 10th Stratum a unique and challenging stratum with a fair reward for clearing it.

You pointed out the main weakness of my argument. Now if only IS could make the enemies' skills more consistent and predictable, grinding in the Tenth Stratum wouldn't be so bad...

Id definitely make that a feature of 8th sanctum and up. You are already investing a good chunk of stamina to do Lunatic level Training Tower. I0th level would be too hard for that little SP gains.