What kinds of longterm injuries do you think the cast of the FE series had at the end of their respective games?

Zerxen

Just a random thought I had earlier. I know that healing staves exist within the universe, but there has to be some sort of limit to their power judging from the amount of characters with scars, eyepatches, etc.

You shouldn't assume  every character had access to healing staves at the time of their injury. I imagine healing magic is best used quickly after the injury.

Pretty sure everyone that lived to old age, and was in a physical class, had arthritis.  Bow users probably had some sort of shoulder/elbow/wrist issues, and definitely calluses on their fingers.  Can't really say for mages, since we don't have a RL equivalent of them here - maybe insanity?

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Pretty sure everyone that lived to old age, and was in a physical class, had arthritis.  Bow users probably had some sort of shoulder/elbow/wrist issues, and definitely calluses on their fingers.  Can't really say for mages, since we don't have a RL equivalent of them here - maybe insanity?

We've had some practically ancient mages who were more or less fine (Athos, Gotoh, though the latter is technically a dragon so he might not count) so I doubt it's dangerous in that sense, but dark magic seems fully capable of messing up the user (Nergal went nuts and forgot why he wanted power in the first place, Canas's bros stopped moving/talking, Brammimond lost all sense of self).

Erk and Pent's supports indicate that using magic weakens the user physically though, sorta like a story only version of Gaiden magic, I guess.

Edited by Glaceon Mage