Games You Want Remakes Of/Sequels To

7 hours ago, Slumber said:

Road Rash 64: Come on EA. You have Criterion, you own the Road Rash IP. Put 2 and 2 together here. Let me shove crowbars in peoples' bikes online.

Hasn't that game Road Redemption been in early access for a year now?

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

Dragon's Dogma: This game did something I thought was practically impossible: A hardcore medieval fantasy RPG with a very in-depth, flexible and fun combat system that stayed interesting for the 100s of hours I put into the original. A new, more polished sequel with more classes, even more combat options, more crazy giant enemies to climb and fight, an actual story for the first 90% of the game, and halfway decent sidequests would be amazing. Oh, and actual co-op. That's be extra amazing.

Holy crap, I forgot Dragon's Dogma!

I love Dragon's Dogma immensely, picking up Dark Arisen on PC when it went on sale during last Christmas. I put 128 hours into that game, and hope to put in more at some point for my eventual Hard Mode run (did two Normal runs). Everything about the game is awesome, the music is good, the gameplay is superb, and some of the major sidequests were also all right. I loved the banter and talking that the Pawns did as well, both in combat and out of combat. Telling me to hop onto their shield so I can be launched to grab into a Gryphon (or Griffin), telling me background lore about the area, or even giving me hints on how to proceed. I could've swore my female pawn even said something like "Hydras! Why did it have to be Hydras?!" at some point, but I could never replicate that sound byte... (she was a max "talkativity" rating.)

Some things I want to see in a possible sequel is...
A: Actual difficulty - After the initial wall on Normal (the very start where Bandits and Lizardmen can easily own your party), the rest of the game was mostly easy once I got my proper equipment and skill setups. The only real exception is Bitterblack Isle which is post-game content, which is more challenging, but even it too can be trivialized. // I would like to see a reworked Hard Mode (scale the enemies better instead of nerfing the player's stamina usage) and an even harder difficulty.
B: Keep the Female Pawn's voices - I grown too attached to my female Pawn (custom party member) and love the voice she has (I it was Voice 6). If that is set and they modify some of the lore regarding Pawns and their respective Arisen, especially if both are the opposite sex, then I'll be good. Romance Pawn Option when. They available selection are not masterworks all. One can clearly go wrong.
C: If doing Postgame, go all out - I was somewhat dissapointed into going to Postgame content as the only major change was the road to the starting village to the main city. Aside from some special encounters in special locations, nothing else in the world changed, which saddened me since I could still steamroll everyone.
D: More than one Save Slot - Seriously, one save slot sucks. While there are ways to get around this, I rather have it be included be default.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Hasn't that game Road Redemption been in early access for a year now?

Yeah, but like with every early access reimagining of popular 90s games, it's not very good.

Star Wars Games in General: Aside from the recent (and somewhat controversial) remake of Battlefront (as well as a remake of the sequel coming out later this year), EA seems to be putting a lot of effort into making Star Wars games. As much as I love KOTOR, I think it getting a remake would feel more like Dragon Age in Space if SW:TOR is anything to go by. I said something like this before, some time ago, but I still feel like that might happen. Also, a remake of the Rogue Squadron series would be welcome to Nintendo fans, as well as Star Wars Fans that didn't have a PC or N64/Gamecube for the trilogy. The remake could also add some much needed filler to the canon (3 years passed in between Episodes IV and V, fill that gap, Disney).

Ace Combat: In the form of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, Ace Combat 2 got a remake. I am really hoping Namco decides that remakes of both Air Combat and Electrosphere (with the added missions and plot intact) are remade, and maybe even remaking the PS2 era games (or just releasing them on PSN for $10). Hopefully, Ace Combat is still as popular as it was (Ace Combat 6 sold the most of any Xbox 360 game in Japan, after all).

Pokemon Platinum: To continue the unpredictability of Game Freak, instead of doing a 2-version remake like they have in the past, they need to remake the altogether superior version of their final triumvirate of games. Sure, the Delta Episode of OR/AS was fitting for Raquaza, I'm not so sure that Giratina would be afforded the same level of justice from a postgame scenario than Raquaza would. I'm fine with Platinum as it is right now, but seeing it remade (with the missing Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl) would lead to the endless joy of many a Gen IV fanboy.

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

Vagrant Story(Really any Ivalice game, but mostly VS): Overly flowery dialogue aside(Which I still have fondness of), I love this game. If you never expected a man named Ashley in assless leather pants could be a badass, this game pulls it off. The Ivalice games haven't gotten any love in nearly a decade, and what with slow, deliberate, dark action-RPGs being all the rage these days, I feel like Vagrant Story would be a good one to revisit.

Despite the fact they cut over half the story from this game, what did get in made for a fairly good minimalist plot with a kinda intense atmosphere. The sense of isolation was strong, and the Workshops, though having excessive saving and loading, had music which made them feel so warm in contrast. The base gameplay was good enough to warrant refinement in a sequel (though conversion to something more action-heavy would be fine).

A DS remake with mapping on the bottom screen would have been nice. In a remake I would have liked loads of lore being scattered around. For instance there is one room in the underground city named "Bread Peddler's Way" or something- adding black, moldly breadcrumbs and a ruined market stall could make things pop at little more. There was a mining room called something like "Work 'Till Dead" as well- show me physical evidence of backbreaking labor. One Workshop is named "Keane's Crafts"- having the diary of this Keane guy laying around and readable up to the day of the cataclysm that destroyed Lea Monde would be another touch which would help establish Lea Monde as a once thriving city that suddenly was no more.

I was thinking they could add two bonus areas: the port's actual docks, and a vineyard where all the grapes that were used to make the wine you pick up a few bottles of were once grown. (I never did an NG+ so I don't know if they were already there in areas exclusive to it.)

I'd enjoy a sequel too, after all, the ending goes something like "Thus begins the story of the wanderer, the vagrant." Could there be any clearer statement of yearning for a sequel?

First and foremost I really, really want a sequel to Bully. I love the open worlds of Rockstar games, but GTA, especially the latter 2 games, sometimes goes too far for me (the torture scene in 5? No thanks...), and Bully was the perfect light-hearted, teen-rated antidote to GTA. I also appreciated that it was slightly easier to play than its GTA counterparts. And it's probably comes second in 'best atmosphere' in a game I've played (first goes to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines). 

Next, I'd absolutely be down for a remake of KotOR 1 and 2, especially if 2 was completed as promised. 

Third, I'd like to see a DS remastering of Dragon Quest 1-3, for completion's sake. I have them for my phone, but I find the controls finicky and they haven't aged well.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite the fact they cut over half the story from this game, what did get in made for a fairly good minimalist plot with a kinda intense atmosphere. The sense of isolation was strong, and the Workshops, though having excessive saving and loading, had music which made them feel so warm in contrast. The base gameplay was good enough to warrant refinement in a sequel (though conversion to something more action-heavy would be fine).

A DS remake with mapping on the bottom screen would have been nice. In a remake I would have liked loads of lore being scattered around. For instance there is one room in the underground city named "Bread Peddler's Way" or something- adding black, moldly breadcrumbs and a ruined market stall could make things pop at little more. There was a mining room called something like "Work 'Till Dead" as well- show me physical evidence of backbreaking labor. One Workshop is named "Keane's Crafts"- having the diary of this Keane guy laying around and readable up to the day of the cataclysm that destroyed Lea Monde would be another touch which would help establish Lea Monde as a once thriving city that suddenly was no more.

I was thinking they could add two bonus areas: the port's actual docks, and a vineyard where all the grapes that were used to make the wine you pick up a few bottles of were once grown. (I never did an NG+ so I don't know if they were already there in areas exclusive to it.)

I'd enjoy a sequel too, after all, the ending goes something like "Thus begins the story of the wanderer, the vagrant." Could there be any clearer statement of yearning for a sequel?

Yeah, I think the atmosphere and presentation were two big things that made VS so memorable to me. Something about the game just sticks with you when you play it.

It's a shame Fortress never got made. For those who don't know, Fortress was a Final Fantasy XII sequel starring Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca! Gameplay-wise, it was very reminiscent of Vagrant Story. A claustrophobic action RPG with emphasis on targeting specific parts of enemies to weaken them. It was cancelled back in... like, 2011, I think. It was the last time we ever heard anything about the Ivalice games outside of ports, mobile games, and references from other Final Fantasies. It's unfortunate, because a game like that would probably be really popular these days.

Edited by Slumber

6 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Pokemon Platinum: To continue the unpredictability of Game Freak, instead of doing a 2-version remake like they have in the past, they need to remake the altogether superior version of their final triumvirate of games. Sure, the Delta Episode of OR/AS was fitting for Raquaza, I'm not so sure that Giratina would be afforded the same level of justice from a postgame scenario than Raquaza would. I'm fine with Platinum as it is right now, but seeing it remade (with the missing Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl) would lead to the endless joy of many a Gen IV fanboy.

I'll second it as the best choice for it.

Also, the one series I'd love to see a continuation to is The World Ends With You. As full of teen angst is it was, I actually like pretty much everything about it (maybe barring some of the more cryptic stuff), much as I wasn't much good at it.

(As for what's announced, Radiant Historia's remake. Please release it in the EU this time)

21 hours ago, Slumber said:

Bubsy 3D: Because I really want to see a modern game developer attempt to recreate that visual nightmare, clusterfuck of a game.

What can possibly go wrong?! Does Sonic Forces count as one?

sorry I just can't avoid repeating that joke over and over again

As for sequels, well:

Mother: Won't happen, but I want one. That game has an unique storytelling and worldbuilding style that I wish wouldn't just fade or remain in a museum.

Maverick Hunter X: Capcom is probably not going to continue the X series or the Megaman franchise (the cartoon doesn't exist), but I really wanted this to happen. It's unfortunate that this idea sank because of low sales.

the Dept. Heaven Union Games: Screw No Export For You. Gungnir was the last game they released overseas, and it looks more like Final Fantasy Tactics than an Union game. I'd like to play something similar to Yggdra Union. If it is an export of Gulcasa's game, which is a prequel to Yggdra Union, all the better.

Castlevania: And by that I mean Metroidvania.

Metal Gear Rising: I loved everything in that game, but a sequel without Kojima probably wouldn't work so well.

As for remakes:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Words can't describe.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: Good, clean graphics (2D is good enough) and extras (preferably with more difficulty modes) and it's great. Nothing can go wrong.

Edited by Rapier

After the rumors last year around E3 about Devil May Cry 5 and instead getting a panchislot, I'd love a DMC sequel/prequel. It's been nine years since a new DMC story came out, and it's been said that they might make a prequel about Sparda, which would be great for me at this point.

Also a Resident Evil 3 remake, which might actually be likely if they are still working on the Resident Evil 2 remake.

F-Zero: Fuck the lame-ass Mario Kart 8 versions of Mute City and Big Blue in Mario Kart 8, which were sluggish as shit. Seriously, that is an F-Zero game for those who are in kindergarten, or mentally retarded, or both. Release an actual F-Zero game with actual speed!

Sonic 2006: It's a shame that Sega didn't do their job in refining gameplay for this one, because considering the more deeply thought out story, it could have been a competitor for the BAFTA awards against Mario Galaxy. I say Sega should revisit this and finish their job properly.

Zelda (NES original): With an expanded storyline and setting and updated gameplay, like what FE Gaiden remake Echoes is expected to be.

Edited by henrymidfields

12 minutes ago, henrymidfields said:

Zelda (NES original): With an expanded storyline and setting and updated gameplay, like what FE Gaiden remake Echoes is expected to be.

Being that they dropped that idea in favor of the Oracle Games, I don't think Nintendo saw that as profitable at the time, but with the resounding success of Breath of the Wild, it might just be possible.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Being that they dropped that idea in favor of the Oracle Games, I don't think Nintendo saw that as profitable at the time, but with the resounding success of Breath of the Wild, it might just be possible.

That would be cool if that prompts/inspires them to do so. Especially considering that the Decline Timeline hasn't had much apart from that Lorule game in recent years. It would be ironic if we have a Zelda II remake and that marked the definite end of Ganon, resulting in the Decline Timeline having the happiest ending of all three timelines.

5 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Well OoS still bears some remnants of its original destiny as Mystical Seed of Power/LoZ remake.

And that reminds me, I'd love a Oracle of Secrets after all these years. Plus a modern Adventure of Link sequel.

Also, I've heard rumors of a Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Deluxe thanks to a eshop hack. How different it'll be from the original SS I have no idea, but if its real, I'm looking forward to it. M&L: SSS might be a bit simple in gameplay compared to later entries in the series, but the Beanbean Kingdom was such a wonderful world.

Nintendo should do something like Metroid: Zero Mission, but for Zelda. Remake the first game with the engine of A Link to the Past.

Golden Sun:  Please, I just want to see this story properly end.  PLEASE.  I got so invested and it hurts to see the series just...die.  After so many years Dark Dawn should've been the finale. 

Rune Factory:  It's such a shame that Neverland went bankrupt after I just got into the series.  At least number 4 ended things on a high note, but if a Rune Factory 5 is ever possible, then I'd like to see it.

Edited by Spoiler Alert
Thought of another one.