Reincarnation or no?

Are they reincarnations?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are they reincarnations?

• Yes
    • No
    • It's up to the player.

Wasn't sure whether I should put this her or Fates. If it's in the wrong place, then do whatever it is you need to do.

So, while not officially confirmed, some people believe that Robin (as well as some others) is the reincarnation of Corrin. There is some evidence to back up that claim, but it is circumstantial.

What do you think? Is it cannon or head cannon?

If anything, I'd think that Mark was a reincarnation of Robin considering that Awakening has a very similar meeting for the lords and their tactician, and their similar motivations and their similar endings. 

May as well go so far as to say that Tharja = Lyn at that point considering the fact that Lyndis has that connection with Mark that Tharja believes she has with Robin and Rhajat believes she has with Corrin if you're going to go that far. 

I think maybe I should specify, I am not in favor of this theory. I can see how you might think that I am, but I really don't like it. I did want to maintain some level of impartiality though, at least in the OP.

The reincarnation theory is a bit shaky to say the least. If the person believes it, so be it. I think I'll wait a bit longer for more information and facts to appear before believing in this theory.

15 minutes ago, Godhand said:

Well... They are both you, so I guess they are both incarnations of each other in some fashion.

For the purpose of this thread, assume that they are not Avatars. I tend to see two characters per avatar: the default male and female. 

I'm sure reincarnation theory is more of a fifteen year old joke between developers as they remake archetypes like Cain and Abel and Jagens. Not something that they really want to incorporate into canon. Yeah, the tharja/rhajat stuff is super suspect, but all the Fates kids feel like what if scenarios given their total divorce from the plot of the game.

The wildest theory I'm willing to accept is that Mark from FE7 is the missing Morgan twin.