Budget Horse Emblem

Pimalai

Hey guys,

Now that my infantry units are almost maxed with SI, my team is powerful enough for the arena and for special events (Xander and Zephiel were easy), so I'm focusing on building Flier/Horse Emblem teams (I don't like Armor Emblem that much due to mobility issues). I have very good flier units (Minerva, Cordelia, Catria, Spring Camilla, Clair... and some 4* units that I could upgrade, such as Camilla. Subaki or Cherche) BUT I don't have a single Hinoka, which I think  that is, along with Spring Camilla, a must for a Flier Emblem team, due to Hone Fliers. So, although my cavalry units are not that great (none of them is even 5*), I will start a Horse Emblem team that I hope will be powerful in a few weeks/months from now.

I'll share my ideas for a budget but powerful Horse Emblem team. I hope it helps someone and your ideas help me make it even better.

OK, the idea is to have a core team with 3 units: a melee horse with Hone Cavalry, acting as tank/buffer; and two tome users with movement assist skills, who will basically kill everything. The fourth slot will be either a dancer, another horse with an additional buff or an arena bonus character. I want this to be useful using 3 horses. All of them (except Reinhardt, in my case) will be obtainable f2p:

1. XANDER is an obvious choice for melee, as he's tanky and fills the red colour. Fury/QR looks like a powerful build for him, but keeping Armored Blow (A) is a decent cheaper alternative IMO. His (C) is obviously Hone Cavalry from 4* Gunter.
  2. CECILIA will be the first of the tome users. I think she's quite powerful in a horse team, especially if built with Death Blow (you need a 4* Klein or a 5* Hawkeye for this... I wouldn't sacrifice an Effie or a 5* Ursula for this) and G Tomebreaker in (B), which is easy from 4* Henry. She can have Ward Cavalry (4* Eliwood) or Fortify Cavalry (4* Jagen) in (C).
  3. URSULA can be the second tome user. I choose her because she's free, but personally I'll use REINHARDT instead. When using all 4 horses, I will include both in the team. Deathblow is a good (A) skill for both (Ursula has it as default, so it's cheaper too). Reinhardt comes with Goad Cavalry in (C), which is perfect. Ursula would need to add either Ward Cavalry (4* Eliwood) or Fortify Cavalry (4* Jagen).

All of them will have either Drag Back, Reposition or Swap as assists... those are pretty common and obtainable from 3* units like Barst, Selena, Arthur, Stahl, Sully... which aren't that geat anyway.

So, the expensive part of this is: 1) Above all, feathers to bring them all up to 5*; 2) Some more expensive skills which requiere 5* or good units sacrifices... I'm thinking mostly on Death Blow and maybe Lancebreaker (you need to kill a Narcian) if you want that on Reinhardt. In case you want to give Xander QR, a 3* Subaki gives QR1, which might be enough.Otherwise you'd need to kill a 5* Subaki or, even worse, a 5* Klein or Leo (who should be in the team instead of the mentioned  free 3-4* tome users in case you have one available). Vantage (4* Lon'Qu) and Fury (4* Hinata) are relatively more common in case you want to use them.

Personally, I have some alternatives, which I feel that are weaker: Spring Xander as a tanky melee unit, whose only advantage is that he's already 5*; Frederick (but you need a red); Eliwood, who has a default Ward Cavalry at 4* -but I think I'm better off giving that to Xander instead-; or Jagen (same with Fortify Cavalry). I also have a 5* Peri, but I prefer a tankier unit. I just have one Jagen/Gunter, so I need to choose carefully the units I give the buffs too, especially the Hone Cav.

Which units would make this better? I think Eldigan and of course Olwen, although I think that Ursula fits her role just nicely.

I appreciate any comments or ideas.

Regards.

My current Horse Emblem team has Ursula/Jagen/Gunter (going to switch out for Xander)/Dancer or bonus unit.

Yes, the team is all about supporting Ursula (Blarblade SI) whose only real weakness is brave bow users and the fact she can't be everywhere are once. What I would suggest (and what I am working towards) is building your team around buffing your horse mage (Hone/Fortify Cavalry + Xblade = +30 damage) and use tanky units to stall or mop up whatever you mage left behind.

As for character choice, Eldigan has similar stats to Xander and Reinhardt is better than Olwen.

This looks good, if you're going to inherit the hone cavalry. Cecilia is probably your best green option in free cavalry (can't think of anyone I'd prefer even in not free, though maybe titania...)

If you have Reinhardt, he's honestly amazing, so you should definitely run him. After him, Ursula is your best blue.

Xander, of course, is a must include.

So, that leaves slot four. Eldigan is probably the best, but if you don't have him Ursula and Olwen are good back ups.

Peri is generally a bad choice, as her stats and abilities really don't line up well with the team. Olwen and Ursula are both much better.

Edited by dragonlordsd

The budget F2P set up is like:

Xander - Quick Riposte 2, Hone Cavalry is an option too

Cecilia - Fortify Cavalry, Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte 2

Ursula - Hone Cavalry, Blarblade, Life and Death 2

Filler. Eliwood works as a budget option for Ward Cavalry. Dancer also works

Thats a tons of SI, but except for TA(which is actually fairly.... important) and Fortify(somewhat of a core for maximum performance of Xander) its alvailable from free units

Main offense would be Ursula and Xander bait. Cecilia is your check for Reinhardt

Reinhardt is much easier to support than Ursula, and covers pretty much the same role, Olwen is a better Ursula, DC Eldigan is a better Xander. Cecilia is frankly best in slot right now. Basically its all about finding the exact set up for Hone and Fortify that you want, but the rest of Horse Emblem build itself provided you have the Blade Tomes and Jagen

Edited by JSND