Formal Introduction

Dandee Leone

Hey there.

I'm Dandee, and I like Fire Emblem, a lot.

I've already posted on the forums without an introduction, but I figured that I should perhaps formally introduce myself to the Fire Emblem community, of which Serenes is the primary hub for for all things FE. 

I was first introduced to Fire Emblem as I assume many of you were, via Marth and Roy in Smash Melee. Roy was my favorite character, and back then, again, like all of us as kids, I thought Roy was way stronger and better than Marth because of the pHiRe. Still, I didn't play Fire Emblem until after Brawl was released, which had Ike instead of Roy. My friend showed an interest in Ike, and did some research and ended buying Path of Radiance. After seeing him play it, I figured, that I liked Ike well enough to try his game as well. But in 2008, I couldn't find Path of Radiance, and I wanted to impress my friend (ah we were kids) by showing him I had the sequel, Radiant Dawn. And so I had the game, and I played it. And oh my gosh, it was amazing. The characters, the story, the epic scale, the tactical gameplay, the music, I loved all of it. And so with Radiant Dawn as my first foray into the series,I began to seek more of the games. I've played Path of Radiance (after borrowing it from the same friend), FE 7 and Sacred Stones on virtual console, and Awakening and Fates, and I am eagerly anticipating Echoes.

My favorite game will forever be Radiant Dawn. And my favorite character has to be Ike. Ike is so relatable, and unlike all the other lords, he was not a noble, and had to earn his respect. Ike cares about all people, and does not care for following the trite and meaningless traditions of nobles. He fights for the equality of all, and continues to fight for what he believes despite all the pain he experiences. 

Aside from Fire Emblem, I love all things Nintendo. Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Pikmin, StarFox, etc all share a special place in my heart. I grew up with these franchises, and I am an avid fan of a lot of them still. I'm sure many of you guys here are also huge Nintendo fans as well, since FE is indeed a Nintendo IP itself. And although I haven't played a lot of games outside of Nintendo, I am in general fascinated with games in general, and hope to play more games when I can afford them by myself when I become and independent adult in a few years.

Speaking of myself outside of my gaming interests, I am in college, 21 years of age, studying computer science. I want to become a game developer when I grow up. I like sports a lot (with Tennis and BasketBall being my favorites), love sleeping (haha), reading, among other things.

I hope to make a presence as an eventual longtime member here on Serenes Forest, and I look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Cheers.

--Dandee Leone

Nice to meet you Dandee! I remember when I first started to play Fire Emblem I started with the good old Fire Emblem Gaiden because my Dad collected every console and game he could. Since then I've just been playing every single one I can!

Welcome to the Forest, Dandee Leone!

Welcoming you is kind of awkward since you've been around for a while now.

Anyway, have a nice day and keep enjoying your stay!