Does FE Switch have to use RNG?

So I've been thinking long and hard about this...as much as Fire Emblem needs it...does it really need RNG? 

Yes on one side, RNG is kinda needed to determine hit rates, have chances that are rewarding while at the same time very risky to do and increasing random stats for each unit thus having growth rates being a major thing for as long as the RNG exists. 

But does it REALLY have to be implemented? I look at other tactical RPGs and there are some that don't do as much as Fire Emblem does it yet still do wonders..like Valkyria Chronicles.

I know that RNG has always been the main thing for Fire Emblem but to simply hope that your units don't get RNG screwed or to get that hit rates right and all, it feels like they can do better for this.

For me, I'd suggest this. Have units have 100% growth rates in all stats but have a limit on how much of numbers they can have for each stat upto which it gets capped. Have it done so that instead of only using reliable units, the maps are very strategic that even using reliable ones won't help a whole lot.

I think it wouldn't be much fun to not have RNG. It has been a thing since the first fire emblem game, and without it, it is kind of predictable and boring. I like having to hope on the RNG being in my favour, and this also makes it so never one playtrough need ever be the same.

While I do like the RNG-proof battles in Heroes, I don't think it'll work as well in a full scale game.

The RNG is pretty much what gives playthroughs of FE games variety, after all.  

Keep the RNG, FE does derive much fun and variety from the RNG. But do give us, for those who don't link dealing with stat screwage and are willing to forsake stat blessings, an optional Fixed Growths mode or Stat Bracketing feature.

13 hours ago, Harvey said:

I look at other tactical RPGs and there are some that don't do as much as Fire Emblem does it yet still do wonders..like Valkyria Chronicles.

I know you aren't saying that VC leaves out the RNG entirely, but nonetheless, I do feel like making mention of how much it can come into play. When the enemy gets off that lucky tank shot that OHKOs somebody, when your Lancer (the Hammer using Fighter of VC) misses 3 shots in a row to the enemy tank's radiators, and when your Sniper fails to land a headshot 3 times in a row too.

Something I would like to see in regards to level ups is your unit will always level up in at least 3 stats. I chose 3 because in Radiant Dawn if you used Bonus EXP to level up you would always level up in 3 stats. Beyond that I don't have a problem with differant classes having differant growths that's what distinguishes them.