2017 Banners?

Sire

9 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I want:

Crimean Guard: Elincia (red sword), Geoffrey (blue lance), Lucia (red sword), Haar (green axe), Astrid (grey bow)

Greil Mercs part 2: Oscar (blue lance), Boyd (green axe), Rolf (grey bow), Mia (red sword), Nephenee  (blue lance)

Laguz royals: Caineghis (red claw), Tibarn (green talon), Naesala (blue beak), Nailah (grey claw), Reyson (grey galdr), Kurthnaga (blue breath)

Dawn Brigade: Micaiah (blue tome), Sothe (grey dagger), Nolan (green axe), Edward (red sword), Jill (blue lance)

Haar isn't part of the Crimean group. He's from Daein. So I'd replace him with Kieran.

Nephenee isn't part of the Greil Mercs either. :/ I'd replace her with Gatrie, Rhys, or Shinon.

And Jill isn't really part of the DB either, she's just their ally. I'd replace her with Leonardo.

Otherwise, looks good! But if there's a laguz banner, I'd love for Ranulf to be in it!

1 minute ago, salinea said:

How did you do the math? I ask because banners have had a variable number of characters on them (4 to 6), and then there's also GHB as a source of characters.

I believe the original number of characters in the poll was over 800. There are 24 banners in a year (two per month), and if an average of five are released every banner, that's 960 characters over 8 years.

So, they would hit the end in the seventh or eighth year (for clarity).

However, since they have already revealed that they are going to do an unknown number of seasonal characters (Christmas and Easter are confirmed, and I can't believe they'd miss Halloween), and assuming those are regular releases each year, that would push the numbers back further. Plus, the choose your legends releases, and, again, any releases to tie in with the upcoming switch game, the upcoming FE Warriors game, and all the other characters they could do, and 8 years is a safe number.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

I believe the original number of characters in the poll was over 800. There are 24 banners in a year (two per month), and if an average of five are released every banner, that's 960 characters over 8 years.

So, they would hit the end in the seventh or eighth year (for clarity).

However, since they have already revealed that they are going to do an unknown number of seasonal characters (Christmas and Easter are confirmed, and I can't believe they'd miss Halloween), and assuming those are regular releases each year, that would push the numbers back further. Plus, the choose your legends releases, and, again, any releases to tie in with the upcoming switch game, the upcoming FE Warriors game, and all the other characters they could do, and 8 years is a safe number.

Thanks! So not taking into account GHB then (doesn't make a huge difference, but well).

Is Warrior supposed to have new characters?

2 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thanks! So not taking into account GHB then (doesn't make a huge difference, but well).

Is Warrior supposed to have new characters?

Lol, you're right, forgot to factor in GHB. When I did the math originally, they had only done two, so I didn't count them because we weren't sure how often they'd come up yet.

As far as Warriors goes, just as speculation, I'd be amazed if there were no new characters.

I expect there to be about the same as with heroes: about 5 or so new characters.

Three main characters and two antagonists. Don't know that for sure, but that seems like a safe guess.

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Lol, you're right, forgot to factor in GHB. When I did the math originally, they had only done two, so I didn't count them because we weren't sure how often they'd come up yet.

As far as Warriors goes, just as speculation, I'd be amazed if there were no new characters.

I expect there to be about the same as with heroes: about 5 or so new characters.

Three main characters and two antagonists. Don't know that for sure, but that seems like a safe guess.

Just like Heroes would make sense, yeah.

16 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I did the math in another thread, but the at the current rate it would take them 8 years to release all the characters who were on the original choose your legends poll. (Five to seven new characters are released once every two weeks at the current rate)

I respect the boys and girls out their crunching numbers like accountants to determine things like this and "can +def unit survive x attack by unit y"

EDIT: if that sounds sarcastic, its not. I actually think that's really neat and a great service to the community.

But with how ABSOLUTELY and at times almost overpowering responsive nature of the developers to listen to the fans (I cite the Hero merit because people cried for feathers, this new arena thing which is an answer for the orb complaints, they crumbled and released Ike, not sure if I will count that, and the arena changes plus the increased growth of lower star units)
with those services in mind, I can not believe we wont ever once get

A refill/increased pool of 3 and 4. It's going to happen at some point. There'd be loads of orbs spent and purchased if ever it did, and longtime players are raving about this for more skills and variation.

But im sure it'll still take years to include every unit. I remain hopeful and as pragmatic as a hopeful man can be.

Edited by rockocalypse

16 minutes ago, rockocalypse said:

they crumbled and released Ike, not sure if I will count that

Dude, there is no way in hell they weren't gonna release Ike at some point. Bet they timed it to get money at a time when it benefited them, mostly.

But otherwise I agree, they really seem to listen to fan demands.

16 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I did the math in another thread, but the at the current rate it would take them 8 years to release all the characters who were on the original choose your legends poll. (Five to seven new characters are released once every two weeks at the current rate)

Note that this is only the characters who were on the poll. This would not include the alternate versions of characters (like the spring banner, the choose your legends versions, etc), spin off characters (hasha no tsurugi, the cipher characters, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc), the new characters that were added in the rerelease of echoes, any new characters from the upcoming games that have already been confirmed to be in development (warriors, the switch game) and any new characters from new games that may be announced in the next 8 years.

In all honesty, I believe this game will end long before they run out of characters.

It's almost certain, though, that at some point they're going to have to do a big update of 50 or so characters, essentially a new pool of 3-star and 4-star characters. Alternatively, they could slowly roll out new 3-star and 4-star characters, but that's a less likely scenario.

The less popular characters simply won't sell as banner picks, and adding them as lower-rarity pulls is the obvious way to add them into the game.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The less popular characters simply won't sell as banner picks, and adding them as lower-rarity pulls is the obvious way to add them into the game.

I wasn't expecting Ninian to be in a banner at all. Nor an update for her so soon.

I didn't think she had such a decent following. Enough to be one of the three unique dancers we have up to this point.

Haha. I remember a small portion of those waiting for Ike talk crap about the FE7 banner.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I can't wait for Halloween!! So curious about what sort of costume they'll get for it. 

Spoiler

Headless Horseman Eldigan ~!!!!

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry that was terrible... I'm so sorry.

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I wasn't expecting Ninian to be in a banner at all. Nor an update for her so soon.

I didn't think she had such a decent following. Enough to be one of the three unique dancers we have up to this point.

Haha. I remember a small portion of those waiting for Ike talk crap about the FE7 banner.

Ninian is like super crucially important to FE7, of everyone in that FE7 banner she was the clear headliner and not surprising to see her out so soon.
Meanwhile, Rebecca was in the banner.

I do think IceDragon is right though. That interview talked about the game in terms of "seasons." Season 2, which I imagine will be next year assuming they stick to those plans, would be an extremely easy time to add a bunch of new characters since I imagine it would be a big chunk of new story content. Probably the best time as any to add in some awakening & fates villains, FE4, 5, 8 stuff assuming they hadn't already ,return to radiance, etc etc. Just pepper the 3 stars with people most people don't know about or care about like Glayde or random cavalier #5 from FE1.

I still kind of hope Glayde winds up coming in with the poll winners. Maybe just as a free 3 star unit rather than a banner focus.

57 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's almost certain, though, that at some point they're going to have to do a big update of 50 or so characters, essentially a new pool of 3-star and 4-star characters. Alternatively, they could slowly roll out new 3-star and 4-star characters, but that's a less likely scenario.

I believe you are right. Or, well, at least, I hope you are right. Because, frankly, this game is progressing far too slowly at present.

They need to have more regular challenge maps, similar to how other mobile games, such as monster strike, have (had? does that game still exist? Idc) a variation between 3-star challenges, 4-star, and 5-star.

They need something to do in the two weeks before the next banner and GHB.

1 hour ago, salinea said:

Dude, there is no way in hell they weren't gonna release Ike at some point. Bet they timed it to get money at a time when it benefited them, mostly.

Ok, how I should have put it was they crumbled and released Ike earlier than I feel they were planning to in the beginning. Thats speculation sure, but thats the premise of the thread. Then again, he is in the intro screen with all the scrolling lords.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thank you for saying what I wanted to from a more informed perspective.

1 hour ago, rockocalypse said:

Ok, how I should have put it was they crumbled and released Ike earlier than I feel they were planning to in the beginning. Thats speculation sure, but thats the premise of the thread. Then again, he is in the intro screen with all the scrolling lords.

Given that Ike was the only "banner" hero not to be included in the original game (Xander existed in the code, even though he wasn't available), your speculation does seem to make sense. But, we'll probably never know for sure.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

I do think IceDragon is right though. That interview talked about the game in terms of "seasons." Season 2, which I imagine will be next year assuming they stick to those plans, would be an extremely easy time to add a bunch of new characters since I imagine it would be a big chunk of new story content. Probably the best time as any to add in some awakening & fates villains, FE4, 5, 8 stuff assuming they hadn't already ,return to radiance, etc etc. Just pepper the 3 stars with people most people don't know about or care about like Glayde or random cavalier #5 from FE1.

Where was the interview talking about the game in terms of "seasons?" I think this is the first I've heard about it, and at this point I sincerely wonder if there will be any "expansions" or giant roster additions.

So far, we never got a new 3* hero since release (aside from quests and Grand Hero Battles). All the new Focus heroes are either 5* exclusive or can be pulled at as a 4*. // I really want to see the 3* roster expanded - if "main lords" such as M!Robin and Eliwood can be pulled as a 3*, I wouldn't mind seeing other popular picks pullable at that rarity as well (such as some of the Fates royals or a 3* Roy.)

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

Where was the interview talking about the game in terms of "seasons?" I think this is the first I've heard about it, and at this point I sincerely wonder if there will be any "expansions" or giant roster additions.

So far, we never got a new 3* hero since release (aside from quests and Grand Hero Battles). All the new Focus heroes are either 5* exclusive or can be pulled at as a 4*. // I really want to see the 3* roster expanded - if "main lords" such as M!Robin and Eliwood can be pulled as a 3*, I wouldn't mind seeing other popular picks pullable at that rarity as well (such as some of the Fates royals or a 3* Roy.)

there was an interview in March about the game. https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/fe-heroes-developer-interview-nintendo-dream-vol-276-translated/

Q: The story is initially nine chapters, but this can be added to at any time, right?

Matsushita: That’s right. Right now, we want to give off the impression of those chapters simply being “season one.”

Maeda: We have a set delivery schedule in mind until the end of this year, with paralogues coming out at a steady pace of every other week or so.

Now it's possible that everything since then (the paralogues + chapter 10) are considered "season 2" or what have you, but I see it all as a continuous season. It's always stuck out to me that the first 9 chapters have a year long set of quests to clear. To me, it would make sense to introduce another 9 story chapters for "season 2" that would ring in the game's first anniversary 

I imagine we'll probably get another interview eventually where they might clarify their plans and such, though.

Edited by r_n