Defense maps discussion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really does seem better to just go full offense and wipe out the enemy. I usually finished maps within 3-4 turns, even trying to shuffle Hector around to actually get in range of stuff. The one that took me the longest was Part 5 Hard where I only routed them on turn 7 because stuff kept spawning in opposite corners of the map, so there were a bunch of turns where half my units weren't even fighting.

i also had problems with the map 5 on hard. it was fine without the colorless requirement, but my takumi wasn't that useful. in retrospect i probably should have tried using a healer, but i ended up just giving in and using a light blessing since i was getting annoyed at lilina and matthew. :p

I had a lot of fun with the last map. Was remarkly well designed and enemy placement was nice. Wish they would do these things more often. Give us a low stamina map with a low reward and characters with skills they can't normally learn fighting against you for no reason.

map 5 was hard for me, i like it! also i actually ended up dying once because i failed to realize Donnel DIDN'T have a brave weapon, which meant i could've tanked with M Corrin and got enough return damage to kill him next turn. whoops. having a healer really seemed to drag me down for this one, but replacing Priscilla with my Breath of Life Nino basically fulfilled healing functionality while murdering things too, which ended up getting the win.

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

map 5 was hard for me, i like it! also i actually ended up dying once because i failed to realize Donnel DIDN'T have a brave weapon, which meant i could've tanked with M Corrin and got enough return damage to kill him next turn. whoops. having a healer really seemed to drag me down for this one, but replacing Priscilla with my Breath of Life Nino basically fulfilled healing functionality while murdering things too, which ended up getting the win.

Yeah, I didn't realize that Klein didn't have his Brave Bow on that map until I got shot. I didn't even notice that Donnel didn't have his Brave Lance though lol.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yeah, I didn't realize that Klein didn't have his Brave Bow on that map until I got shot. I didn't even notice that Donnel didn't have his Brave Lance though lol.

lol yeah me too about the Klein. did you happen to notice if Sully also didn't have her Sapphire Lance? she did a whopping 5 or so damage to Corrin so i can only assume not?

though i haven't played any of the other maps yet, i wonder if for these maps they replace most weapons with Silver+ or Silver+ equivalent for mages. i can't remember if the Robin had Blarraven or not either because i just sent my own B Tomebreaker M Robin to deal with him without looking. tru strategy

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

lol yeah me too about the Klein. did you happen to notice if Sully also didn't have her Sapphire Lance? she did a whopping 5 or so damage to Corrin so i can only assume not?

though i haven't played any of the other maps yet, i wonder if for these maps they replace most weapons with Silver+ or Silver+ equivalent for mages. i can't remember if the Robin had Blarraven or not either because i just sent my own B Tomebreaker M Robin to deal with him without looking. tru strategy

Y'know, I think no one actually has their own weapons on that map.

3 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I believe Sully has a Killer Lance+. Palla still brings Ruby Sword+. I think Lon'qu has Silver+ and no Special. Not really sure about Robin, either, since I just threw Nino in his way and called it a turn. I think Draug also still has a Brave Sword+. Oh, and Gunter has a Hammer+ instead of Silver+.

I saw Gunter's Hammer, and his weapon change was one of the few I actually noticed. RIP Hector.

Yeah, like I said, that top part is made to dick Hector over. Granted, it's a bit of a drawn-out battle. Both Gunter and my +Def Hector were sitting on defense tiles. Gunter was doing 18 and Hector was doing 6. Lissa could Rehabilitate Hector as necessary, but the fight could have gone on forever at the rate of damage they were doing (and Mist popping in to Rehab Gunter). It was for that reason that my initial roster wasn't able to make it the first time. When I stopped messing around and actually brought Nino, though, it just wasn't fair (Gunter and Klein both got ganked by her on the first turn, plus probably about 80% of the reinforcements got insta-gibbed by her).

Man, I hated Map 5 on hard mode. I tried so many different teams but always seemed to die to something stupid. I got bored and just used Light's Blessings - two of them. I'm really not the best tactically, but I got the orb ^.^

I did map 5 first on normal so I expected Gunter, though when i did normal Takumi was fine there but he wasn't fine on hard. I put Ryoma there on hard and by the time Donnel shows up Hector was already there from running away from Lilina. 

And then Reinhardt blicked Lilina. 

I actually may have to readjust my play style for these maps. My instinct is to Leroy Jenkins it and murder everything. That works out just fine on the lower-level maps, but on 4H and 5H, I had some trouble. I'll chalk up my multiple failures on 4H to trying to think when I'm sleep deprived. 5H, I almost beat, but Mist finished off Hector on my last turn because I was a dum-dum.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, mkv has been doing 3* runs of the new maps. 

In the description, mkv says that she (?) can't clear Map 5 with a 3* team.

Where does it say that? I see someone in the comments saying that, but mkv's actual video description is just the emoji face thing with no additional content.

47 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I actually may have to readjust my play style for these maps. My instinct is to Leroy Jenkins it and murder everything. That works out just fine on the lower-level maps, but on 4H and 5H, I had some trouble. I'll chalk up my multiple failures on 4H to trying to think when I'm sleep deprived. 5H, I almost beat, but Mist finished off Hector on my last turn because I was a dum-dum.

If you have a blade mage with a refresher, Leeroying makes 5H pretty easy. At least, things become more manageable if the enemies can be removed as they come, since they've got some hefty Atk of their own.

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Where does it say that? I see someone in the comments saying that, but mkv's actual video description is just the emoji face thing with no additional content.

For me, the description says "その5が☆3クリアできない。", which translates into what I said. I'm not sure why you can't see it though, but I checked on two devices so surely it's not just me.

Also, that guy in the comments is probably me.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

For me, the description says "その5が☆3クリアできない。", which translates into what I said. I'm not sure why you can't see it though, but I checked on two devices so surely it's not just me.

Also, that guy in the comments is probably me.

a0881479ad.png

this is what I see, so idk

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The video title is in Japanese for me, so maybe it's related. I haven't heard of region specific descriptions though.

the title could be automatically google translated, since yt is owned by google, but  yeah idk there's no way GTranslate can turn a sentence into an emoji

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

the title could be automatically google translated, since yt is owned by google, but  yeah idk there's no way GTranslate can turn a sentence into an emoji

I don't know what wizardry is going on, but here's what it looks like for me just for the record:

Spoiler

Untitled_zpsrjx2ffoe.png