Do You Think Marth Knew of Alm and Celica During FE 3-12?

This is just some thing that's been making me curious over the past two weeks. I was thinking of what Alm and Celica would look like in FE 3, and then the question popped up, did Marth have any knoweledge of Alm and Celica during FE 3.

We know for a fact that the white wings knew Celica and not!Camus knew Alm. I do think that he'd atleast have heard of them considering that Alm and Celica traveled over to Archena, and rumors and stories spread really fast in Echoes world (not to mention they have trade routes between the lands). I imagine that at some point Marth should have heard of them after FE3. Anyways, do you think Marth knew of them during FE 3?

Edited by Captain Karnage

I would hope so. I mean they did go to his land, uninvited for the most part and did beat a dragon that could of caused a lot of trouble for Marthipan and co. At the very least, Minerva probably knows about them since I'm sure the Whitewings told her about their time in Valentia.

Probably not during the War of Heroes, but afterwards? Once the two continents stabilized it's likely they established some sort of communications.

11 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Probably not during the War of Heroes, but afterwards? Once the two continents stabilized it's likely they established some sort of communications.

This is the way I see it. With Alm and Celica ruling the One Kingdom, I'd find it hard for Marth not to know about them.

Catria and the gang never really seemed surprised to be there nor do they ever give any indication of it. If Est was trade through a pirate network just to get to Grieth, then some people definitely knew there was a continent on the other side. I'm guessing that due to the fragmented nature of various countries in Archanea made it more difficult for them to establish communications.

After FE 3 it's definitely possible since by then Marth basically gained his entire continent while Alm and Celica took Valentia.

Aware? Sure. But this awareness is meaningless since Marth does nothing with such information in Mystery, and then peace reigns once Marth becomes ruler of the Archanean continent, and Alm and Celica Valentia. Making this knowledge meaningless beyond cross-cultural socio-economic interactions.

Remembering Suikoden II, I recall how one brief moment of the game has the heroes visiting Gregminster, capital of the first game's Scarlet Moon Empire, now turned into the Toran Republic, and borrowing a division of their forces to fight the Highland Kingdom.

I see clear fanfic potential in something like this. Rather than have Marth travel into the wilderness when Hardin wants him dead after killing Lang, he flees across the ocean to Valentia and seeks help there. It'd be no fun though given Alm and Celica are goody goods like other lords.

Knew them on a personal level?  Probably not, though it wouldn't be surprising if Marth traveled to the One Kingdom or vice versa just as a courtesy thing.

But I'm sure Marth knew of them for sure since the continents aren't too far apart anyway.  Plus with the Whitewings and Zeke fighting alongside Alm and Celica, it'd be surprising if none of the Whitewings would've at least mentioned Alm and Celica to Marth or anyone really.  

Did the people of Europe know about the Mongol hoard before it reached their eastern boarder? That's the closest equivalent I can think of in history (assuming that these landmasses are continents in the same vein as Earth. Which seems to be the case given Nomah was worshipped by "hundreds of thousands" of people).

Edited by Jotari

Est and Minerva have a support conversation in FE12 that mentions the Angel Ring and outright confirms from Minerva's own mouth that Est has been telling her stories of Valentia.

its possible Est didn't, but I can't imagine she wouldn't mention the tiny detail of the entire continent being unified by Alm and Celica. So at minimum, Minerva seems to know of Alm and Celica for 99% certain. Or at the very LEAST, Minerva knows about Celica.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems