Looking for StreetPass Data

It's very easy to miss, but Echoes supports StreetPass somewhat. After passing a player, you may receive gifts or rumours.

While I do have some ideas about how Echoes's StreetPass works mechanically, I sadly haven't had enough StreetPass hits to confirm my suspicions.

What I'm looking for to begin with is the following:

1. What interesting thing you got from a StreetPass tags (i.e. present, rumour, treasure, enemy)

2. How many tags did you receive to get that interesting thing.

My data:

5th tag = present (Steel Bow), 10th tag = present (Cold Soup), 12th tag = rumour (greyed out)

I wish this game had come out beck in febuary so I could have tested this on campus

I'll carry it around with me but I'm really doubtfull anyone really caries around their 3DS anymore

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Do you guys have a homepass setup?

Sadly I don't have the English game and Belinda isn't exactly interested in these kind of endeavors.

It's a bit too fiddly for me, I'm afraid.

Yar, I'm not really expecting much. Thankfully I was at a convention this weekend so I managed to get 7 or so tags. Yay.

I can StreetPass myself up to twice a day, but I'm kinda lazy and keep forgetting to turn my 3DSes on.

Anyway, I don't actually need that much data (I already got some interesting ideas from data-mining), so any data will be helpful : )

What exactly does a rumor mean in this case. Hints at things in the game? The game doesn't have that many secrets and like 2 side paths, I'm drawing a blank here

Because you can only have a limited amount of games you can streetpass for at any given time, getting data for new games is getting to be more and more of a chore. (Just try and get streetpass data for Monster Hunter Generations in comparison to 3 or 4 Ultimate.)

I'm going to make the assumption that Shadows of Valentia is like Awakening and Fates where you can self pass by plugging the same game cart onto multiple systems. This works because streetpassing is reliant on the 3DS itself, and not the game. So if you have an extra 3DS or a friend with a 3DS and not the game, try using those to get streetpass hits for Shadows of Valentia.

14 hours ago, r_n said:

What exactly does a rumor mean in this case. Hints at things in the game? The game doesn't have that many secrets and like 2 side paths, I'm drawing a blank here

I ended up just posting the finished page ^^

Rumours/gossips net you a rare monster or a treasure chest.

Treasure chest is actually pretty cool since you get to explore part of a battle map like a mini dungeon. Too bad I forgot to record it.

10 minutes ago, Black_Knight said:

Because you can only have a limited amount of games you can streetpass for at any given time, getting data for new games is getting to be more and more of a chore. (Just try and get streetpass data for Monster Hunter Generations in comparison to 3 or 4 Ultimate.)

I'm going to make the assumption that Shadows of Valentia is like Awakening and Fates where you can self pass by plugging the same game cart onto multiple systems. This works because streetpassing is reliant on the 3DS itself, and not the game. So if you have an extra 3DS or a friend with a 3DS and not the game, try using those to get streetpass hits for Shadows of Valentia.

Yar, I have four 3DSes, but one is Japanese and the other is my sister's and she's taken it with her. So I can only tag myself once or twice per day.