Mila and Duma (Spoilers)

So, I recently completed part 4 and I am in the tunnel to Duma Tower (I don't have the Falchion yet though; all I know right now is that Mila's statue-corpse is calling Alm to it), so I have seen the part where Mycen reveals to Alm that Mila and Duma are dying and have been suffering the dragon madness for some time. So, he and Rudolf mentioned that Duma has completely snapped; pursuing only power and forgetting why he thought humanity should be ruled by strength. I thought back to the beginning where it said Mila's gifts spoiled the Zofians, and it was not long before they sank into depravity, and a thought occurred to me: What if Mila saw the signs as well, accepted her fate, and, in the years before Rudolf sealed her power, had been trying to give the Zofian people an even larger surplus of food than before so they could survive long enough to figure out how to fend for themselves? From what I have seen, this seems implied, but no one has yet said so in the story. I feel it would have been perfect if Mycen had said this to Alm; perhaps something along the lines of, "Even in Zofia we saw the signs; the last few years' overabundance of food was Mila giving us enough to carry on without her", would have been a really good addition in my opinion.

I could be wrong and this could have been mentioned (if someone mentions it later in the story, please say so), but, if not, then it would have been a great addition in my opinion. It just seems like something the Mila character would do if she realized her time was coming. What do you think?