FE: War of Men (Gameplay)

Enaluxeme

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His suspicions confirmed, Rekia jogged over to an old acquaintance. "Radle!" He exclaimed as he made it next to him. "I thought that was you, but I almost couldn't believe it. You're too soft for slavers and kidnappers. That's beside the point, though; I haven't seen you since you saved my ass from that rabid Pegasus in Gastalla. Glad you're fighting with us, now. I'm sure we'll be able to find something for your trouble when we get back to our employer. How've you been anyway?"

Rekia moves to G13 and talks to Radle

Most of the group goes deeper in the ruins in search of the other mercenaries, with only Cecilie going back to confront Joicelyn.

Knowing that the mage girl wished to talk to the woman, no-one attacked her.

The only male mage, Lowe, treated his wounds with an ointment as he went past Joicelyn.

dArN9PL.png

Radle saw yet another a familiar face approach him. Is that... Rekia? As the archer spoke, the swordmaster's suspicions were proven correct. 

"Well, if it isn't Rekia! I'm doing fine, thank you. I finished my trip in Gastalla and found my pockets a little light, so I decided to do some mercenary work. Didn't think it'd end up like this, though." Radle looked up and down the battle-swept hallway. "Hey, that reminds me. There's at least one other girl being held prisoner here. Looks like your pal with the lance over there is in a bit of a tight spot. I'll go support him while you stay behind. We can catch up later!" 

With that, Radle ran down the hall. The soldier had put himself in a tight spot, and part of Radle wanted to step between him and his foes. But unwritten battlefield tradition dictated that when another soldier picks a fight, one should let him have it before interfering. So instead, Radle took up a position close to the lancer where he could aid if things got out of hand.

Radle moves to H11

rg3NBtm.png"Don't you dare running away!"

Joicelyn pursued Hiero, and this time her fire magic hit her target: the fire ball burned Hiero's back, ruining his clothes and scorching his skin.

Joicelyn attacks Hiero and hits for 9 damage (5/21)

Hiero gains 1 exp

Meanwhile, inside the building, Sicon entered the field of vision of two other enemies who were waiting for the group to come at them.

The one with the axe charged at the soldier and easily struck, deflecting Sicon's lance with the empty hand as he closed in to attack with the axe. Fortunately, the jovian's armor protected him from a blow that would have been lethal.

Sicon retracted the weapon so that the tip could again be a threat to his opponent, and thrusted multiple times in quick successions, but managing to hit only once.

Fighter 4 attacks Sicon and hits for 11 damage (10/21), Sicon retaliates and hits for 6 damage (19/25), then follows up but misses

Sicon gains 10 exp

The other man, dressed in dark robes, tried to finish the job using his dark magic. Sicon saw a pitch-black shadow pass through the legs of the axe-wielding mercenary to reach his own feet, then felt a strong discomfort: his heart skipped a beat and, for a moment, his legs and arms felt heavy as if he marched for an entire day while carrying a heavy load.

Shaman attacks Sicon and hits for 7 damage (3/21)

Sicon gains 1 exp

d0IGbaC.png

Joicelyn was right in front of her. Cecilie approached Joicelyn and started talking.

''Joicelyn! Please leave the battlefield! I don't want you to get hurt! Don't you see you're at a disadvantage here?!''

Cecilie stays at her spot, and talks to Joicelyn.

Sicon let out a loud cry as he was struck by the axeman, then again as he felt an unpleasant sensation that he could not describe. He was bleeding, dizzy, and his body felt heavy. He needed help if he was going to survive. So he did what he could.

"S-Someone get over here, NOW!"

Not moving yet, so stay tuned.

Completely prepared for a fight, Lowe's excitement dies down drastically as he watches Hiero run off then get scorched. "THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SKEDADDLE...dumbass..." Lowe runs up ready to back Hiero up but stops as he hears another effeminate voice begin to speak to the mage. 'Another girl...but it seems like she's trying to defuse the situation...'

Lowe moves to D16 and waits, listening in to the conversation.

Damn it, Sicon, why are you just standing there? Rekia took note of his compatriot's cry for help and followed up on Radle's offensive. Down the corridor was an ugly looking fellow with an even uglier axe that  Radle was engaging and, by the looks of it, was handling quite capably. Behind him was a shaman wrapped in robes. Dangerous, to be sure, but not if the archer stayed out of his range. He hugged the side of the wall so as not to interfere with the melee engagement and fired an arrow at the arm with which the shaman was holding his unholy tome.

Rekia moves to H10 and attacks the Shaman

rg3NBtm.png"But... That's absurd! Why did he even attack you?"

Joicelyn was clearly skeptical. She knew the man, and he wasn't prone to attacking allies nor children, and Cecilie was both to his eyes.

Further into the ruins, Radle absolutely destroyed the man with the axe: first, an upward cut wounded the mercenary from the right thigh to the left shoulder, then his attempt at a retaliation was harshly interrupted before it even begun as Radle's sword severed the hand that was holding the axe as soon as the arm was raised to prepare for the counter-attack. The poor man collapsed immediately after.

Radle attacks Fighter 4 and hits for 16 damage (3/25), Fighter 4 retaliates but misses, Radle follows up with a critical hit

Radle gains 12 exp

Making use of his range advantage over magic users, Rekia attacked the dark mage. There was just enough space between Radle and the wall to shoot comfortably, and the collapsed fighter left the trajectory clear of obstacles.

Rekia attacks Shaman and hits for 7 damage (12/19)

Rekia gains 11 exp

Zh2PZqg.png

" I don't claim to know why he would do such a thing. Maurice was a nice man, when I talked to him. However, the fact is that he attacked me, and that these people saved me. I can't fight them under these circumstances."

rg3NBtm.png"No. This is impossible. You must be lying. Wait..."

Looking beyond Cecilie, Joicelyn saw the corpse of her deceased lover and noticed the gaping hole and the smell of burnt flesh.

rg3NBtm.png"Fire magic... You... You killed him, didn't you? You killed him!"

Her face was disfigured by an overwhelming mix of rage and desperation as tears started to flow from her eyes and a flame was born in her hand.

Abeloth charged the wounded Shaman and swung his Iron Axe. Sicon wasn't dying today, nor was he running. He looked at Sicon before turning  his attention to the disgusted Shaman. "Well don't just stand there, take something before we lose both of our tacticians."

Abeloth moves to H8 and attacks Shaman with Iron Axe.

Sicon's cry for aid had not gone unanswered. From down the hallway, Abeloth, Rekia, and some other swordsman, whose name was unknown to him, arrived, striking down the axeman and confronting the dark mage. Abeloth expressed concern.

"As much as I would like to, I have no medicine." He stepped back a few paces to avoid the Shaman.

Sicon to F8, Wait there.

Abeloth made his way past his companions and charged at the shaman, almost cleaving away his arm. With the limb now hanging lifeless to his side, the caster launched another dark shadow, and Abeloth felt the same oppressing feeling that afflicted Sicon.

Abeloth attacks Shaman and hits for 11 damage (1/19), Shaman retaliates and hits for 8 damage (15/23)

Abeloth gains 10 exp

The dark mage backed away before casting yet another shadow attack at the hulking axe-wielder, overwhelming his heart again.

Shaman attacks Abeloth and hits for 8 damage (7/23)

Abeloth gains 1 exp

From behind the corner, yet another mercenary came for Abeloth, his axe raised above his head as he charged.

Abeloth tried to avoid the attack, but barely managed to get hit on the chest rather than the head. The axe wounded him heavily, breaking some bones of his rib cage and fracturing most of the others. The pain was simply too much for the man to continue, and he required immediate medical attention to survive at all.

Fighter 5 hits for 11 damage and defeats Abeloth

Meanwhile, Joicelyn had enough of Cecilie's lies. She threw the fireball in her hand towards the younger mage, specifically the stomach. While Cecilie accused the blow, her magical defenses dissipated most of the flames. With no other choice but to retaliate, Cecilie threw a fireball of her own. However, while she managed to hit the more experienced spellcaster, the attack was barely felt by Joicelyn.

Joicelyn attacks Cecilie and hits for 4 damage (7/17), Cecilie retaliates and hits for 2 damage (16/18)

Cecilie gains 11 exp

T72Y7U5.png

The sounds of spells being cast was all the signal Lowe needed. As he walked out to flank Joicelyn he readied his tome and spoke aloud. "Argument is over I guess. Though this is probably the best outcome for you honestly. You'll be seeing your fallen comrade soon." 

Lowe moves to C17 and attacks Joicelyn