BarefootWaifu

Would you like an auction house in Fire Emblem: Heroes  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an auction house in Fire Emblem: Heroes

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on how it is implemented

Just now, XRay said:

Skill fodder is nice, but it is highly unlikely anyone is going to get units they really want out of Wonder Trade. If everyone is giving away units like SF!Xander and Merric, players will hardly obtain the units and skills they need. No one in their right minds is going to give away Death Blow, Life and Death, or Brave Weapons away.

The demand for R Tomebreaker 3 is pretty low and Henry is common enough that it is hardly in short supply. It may help out a few unlucky players here and there who never drew Henry, but once those few players are satisfied (if they are lucky enough to get Henry in return), the system will just be flooded with skills that everyone has a lot of.

It is VERY possible that someone in their right mind will give away Death Blow, Brave Weapons, Quick Riposte 3, or even Life and Death 3 away. Because it's not just you or me that you can Wonder Trade with. It's EVERYONE, with completely different mindsets and points of views. I could send out the Nowi that I threw blood and souls at to get as good as she is right now, and all I would get is, at best, another Olwen, or I could send out one of my spare Bridelias and make the day of someone who sent me a +Att -Spd Reinhardt. I might just be talking the strongest hypothetical option straight from my butt, and I know for a fact that you will disagree with a reason that I will pathetically try to argue against to no avail and probably stir up another argument again, but I strongly believe what I said to be the truth. There is no way to know who or what will do it of course, but it can and will still happen, and we will all have our "Wonder Trade Stories" where we got the perfect unit for us.

I should know that especially, one of my prized pokemon that I still use to this day is a Shiny 6IV Adamant Bagon, now a Salamence, that I got from Wonder Trade 2 years ago. A number of the pokemon I still use to this day, in fact, came from Wonder Trade, if they weren't used for breeding more later on. And maybe it is easy to say that "comparing a P2W game where the way to get your units is through a Gachapon system that costs Orbs that can cost real money and Pokemon where you can just breed for the perfect pokemon doesn't actually mean anything", but let me rephrase what I said before:

"One mans trash is another mans Treasure".

...am I even having the same argument anymore. Damnit, this is exactly what happened the last 2 or 3 times...

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

It is VERY possible that someone in their right mind will give away Death Blow, Brave Weapons, Quick Riposte 3, or even Life and Death 3 away. Because it's not just you or me that you can Wonder Trade with. It's EVERYONE, with completely different mindsets and points of views. I could send out the Nowi that I threw blood and souls at to get as good as she is right now, and all I would get is, at best, another Olwen, or I could send out one of my spare Bridelias and make the day of someone who sent me a +Att -Spd Reinhardt. I might just be talking the strongest hypothetical option straight from my butt, and I know for a fact that you will disagree with a reason that I will pathetically try to argue against to no avail and probably stir up another argument again, but I strongly believe what I said to be the truth. There is no way to know who or what will do it of course, but it can and will still happen, and we will all have our "Wonder Trade Stories" where we got the perfect unit for us.

I should know that especially, one of my prized pokemon that I still use to this day is a Shiny 6IV Adamant Bagon, now a Salamence, that I got from Wonder Trade 2 years ago. A number of the pokemon I still use to this day, in fact, came from Wonder Trade, if they weren't used for breeding more later on. And maybe it is easy to say that "comparing a P2W game where the way to get your units is through a Gachapon system that costs Orbs that can cost real money and Pokemon where you can just breed for the perfect pokemon doesn't actually mean anything", but let me rephrase what I said before:

"One mans trash is another mans Treasure".

...am I even having the same argument anymore. Damnit, this is exactly what happened the last 2 or 3 times...

I think you are overestimating the generosity of players. Shiny 6 IV Pokémon can be easily cloned en masse and the game would not be able to tell the difference between the original and the copies. Hackers can also hack the Pokémon directly and make it seem legit. Unlike Pokémon, we cannot hack this game like that.

More often that not, one man's trash is still another man's trash. Maybe a new player will give away a 5* Klein because they do not know any better, but any player with enough experience will keep Klein for themselves and give away their extra 5* healers instead.